Log in:  

Register

British Sporting Administrators - what's the deal?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

17 Apr 2018 19:13

https://www.bbc.com/sport/43798297
Boosting its annual budget from about £8m to £11m has also allowed UKAD to recruit around 10 new staff.

just think
if Wiggo/Sky had coughed up
they might have afforded another couple of staff!
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,680
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 03:20

Parker wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
UK Sport could have saved the taxpayers money by forcing the Murdoch funded Team Sky to pay publicly funded UKAD's costs relating to the jiffybag investigation

And the police could save the taxpayers money by forcing every suspect they question to pay their costs. But things don't work like that outside the weird fantasies of the Clinic.



The idea of charging Sky for investigating them wasn't made up here. It was an official announcement by UK Sport. Sheesh
Craigee
Junior Member
 
Posts: 280
Joined: 18 Aug 2016 06:18

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 09:30

Craigee wrote:The idea of charging Sky for investigating them wasn't made up here. It was an official announcement by UK Sport. Sheesh
One more time: it was not. It came from the DCMS Select Committee report.... I challenge you to go to the UK Sport website and find evidence of an official announcement concerning it. The best you may find is them saying they will consider all recommendations made by the DCMS Select Committee but I am not sure if even that was an official announcement, I think it too was just a response to a question from a journalist.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 10:39

Parker wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
UK Sport could have saved the taxpayers money by forcing the Murdoch funded Team Sky to pay publicly funded UKAD's costs relating to the jiffybag investigation

And the police could save the taxpayers money by forcing every suspect they question to pay their costs. But things don't work like that outside the weird fantasies of the Clinic.


Or the FDA or MHRA could save taxpayers money by forcing the industry that benefits from it to pay for its regulation... Oh wait, hang on...
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,371
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 10:47

fmk_RoI wrote:
Craigee wrote:The idea of charging Sky for investigating them wasn't made up here. It was an official announcement by UK Sport. Sheesh
One more time: it was not. It came from the DCMS Select Committee report.... I challenge you to go to the UK Sport website and find evidence of an official announcement concerning it. The best you may find is them saying they will consider all recommendations made by the DCMS Select Committee but I am not sure if even that was an official announcement, I think it too was just a response to a question from a journalist.


Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?

Parker is trying to deny something that's there in black and white in a parliamentary report. Bizarrely claiming it's a made up Clinic thing

But unless you can substantiate the "response to a question from a journalist" theory your deflection tactics are not much better

Message for Kool Aid and the Gang. Fake news may be the new paradigm. Yes it's big. But it's not clever
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 11:02

Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 14:24

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 14:32

Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:
Wow WP. You really have gone full mental jacket on the making crap up thing today...
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

18 Apr 2018 14:50

Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:

Here's the report on the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43787155

Here's two lines from it:

"But Nicholl told BBC Sport: "It's not for UK Sport to do that."

Asked about trying to get compensation from the two parties involved in the investigation, Nicholl reiterated: "It's not a matter for UK Sport.


So the BBC asked, they answered and that's how the headline cam about.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,632
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 08:55

Parker wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:

Here's the report on the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43787155

Here's two lines from it:

"But Nicholl told BBC Sport: "It's not for UK Sport to do that."

Asked about trying to get compensation from the two parties involved in the investigation, Nicholl reiterated: "It's not a matter for UK Sport.


So the BBC asked, they answered and that's how the headline cam about.


Err, whether by accident or design your timeline is all over the place

You claimed that UK Sport forcing Team Sky/BC to pay UKAD's costs relating to the jiffybag investigation is a "weird fantasy of the Clinic". But it's in the DCMS report (Btw, did you get round to reading it yet? No, thought not :rolleyes: )

You then claimed that the DCMS report's suggestion that Team Sky/BC to pay UKAD's costs came about as a result of a leading question by a journalist (and FMK has your back on that). But neither of you have backed up this assertion with any evidence. Which should be easy enough given that the DCMS website lists everyone they interviewed or took evidence from it's all in the public domain

And now post-publication of the DCMS report you are citing an interview with UK Sport's CEO three days ago to prop up your "leading question by a journalist" theory. But the DCMS report was published several weeks ago! And so it's suggestion that Team Sky/BC pay UKAD's costs comfortably pre-dates the recent UK Sport CEO interview

So, you and FMK gonna keep digging? :razz:
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 08:56

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:
Wow WP. You really have gone full mental jacket on the making crap up thing today...


Lolz, you must hate having your articles fact checked, eh! :eek:

Cleaners must get bored of putting the toys back in the pram :D
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 09:37

Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Do you have any evidence for the "response to a question from a journalist" theory?
You may have to make **** up WP, I don't.


Wow, you're getting brazen with your BS and deflection now, FMK :rolleyes:

That link is Matt Lawton's summary of the DCMS report. But it doesn't answer the question, eh. Not even close

So I'll repeat, please substantiate by quoting the relevant text (an irrelevant link just doesn't cut it) Parker's assertion, which you have chosen to stand behind, that the DCMS report's suggestion that UK Sport should make Team Sky/BC meet UKAD's costs was made in response to a question from a journalist

Parker digging himself a hole is amusing enough. You digging your own hole trying to dig Parker out of his hole is awesome :razz:
Wow WP. You really have gone full mental jacket on the making crap up thing today...


Lolz, you must hate having your articles fact checked, eh! :eek:

Cleaners must get bored of putting the toys back in the pram :D
WP, I would politely request that you go back and read what I actually wrote, and not what your fevered imagination is telling you I wrote. Right now it looks a lot like you're either trolling me or just can't read.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

19 Apr 2018 12:19

Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 694
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re:

19 Apr 2018 12:51

Alpe73 wrote:Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.

Feel free to move on Alpe
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,680
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 16:51

TourOfSardinia wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.

Feel free to move on Alpe


Some of us started out (perhaps naively) believing Sky might be worth defending

But most of us have, as you say, moved on since then

For me it was when the story broke that Leinders had been hired. So a while back

Kool Aid and the Gang are stuck, stuck, stuck!
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 16:56

Wiggo's Package wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.

Feel free to move on Alpe


Some of us started out (perhaps naively) believing Sky might be worth defending

But most of us have, as you say, moved on since then

For me it was when the story broke that Leinders had been hired. So a while back

Kool Aid and the Gang are stuck, stuck, stuck!
A lot of us never believed Sky were worth defending. And so don't need to pretend to be the Prodigal Son of anti-doping.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 18:54

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.

Feel free to move on Alpe


Some of us started out (perhaps naively) believing Sky might be worth defending

But most of us have, as you say, moved on since then

For me it was when the story broke that Leinders had been hired. So a while back

Kool Aid and the Gang are stuck, stuck, stuck!
A lot of us never believed Sky were worth defending. And so don't need to pretend to be the Prodigal Son of anti-doping.


Nice switcheroo FMK

So why align yourself with Kool Aid and the Gang? Ad nauseum?

The Gang's flush busted a long time ago

Meanwhile you look, swim, quack, walk and talk just like a duck ;)
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 18:58

Wiggo's Package wrote:So why align yourself with Kool Aid and the Gang? Ad nauseum?
There is no gang WP. Just a lot of people you can't find yourself agreeing with and so feel they must be combining against you.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,763
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2018 20:29

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:Lads ... let him have the stuffed dog ... so we can move on. Muito obrigado.

Feel free to move on Alpe


Some of us started out (perhaps naively) believing Sky might be worth defending

But most of us have, as you say, moved on since then

For me it was when the story broke that Leinders had been hired. So a while back

Kool Aid and the Gang are stuck, stuck, stuck!
A lot of us never believed Sky were worth defending. And so don't need to pretend to be the Prodigal Son of anti-doping.


:D I didnt think about that. there are a few around
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,324
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

20 Apr 2018 19:46

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:So why align yourself with Kool Aid and the Gang? Ad nauseum?
There is no gang WP. Just a lot of people you can't find yourself agreeing with and so feel they must be combining against you.


Hey, this isn't personal (well not for me anyway)

But if you and Parker keep BSing you can expect to getting pulled up on it

Cracks me up that you're both bluffing it out. Fake news, the new paradigm

Btw, this is what proper journalism looks like, dude, just in case you've forgotten. On point, too

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/20/trump-us-syria-truth-tribal-robert-mueller-white-helmets-factse

'We are now in an era when the argument is no longer over our response to events, but the very existence of those events... after the mass school shooting at Parkland, Florida, in February... a loud chorus of rightists was not content merely to denounce proposed gun control measures: they claimed the massacre had not happened at all, and that all those grieving parents and teenagers were “crisis actors” '
Wiggo's Package
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: 07 Mar 2017 14:27

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests

Back to top