Register

British Sporting Administrators - what's the deal?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

20 Apr 2018 20:28

Wiggo's Package wrote:But if you and Parker keep BSing you can expect to getting pulled up on it

Cracks me up that you're both bluffing it out. Fake news, the new paradigm
You're bothered by fake news but all you do is make crap up about people. There's a word for that...
User avatar fmk_RoI

20 Apr 2018 20:46

fmk_RoI wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:But if you and Parker keep BSing you can expect to getting pulled up on it

Cracks me up that you're both bluffing it out. Fake news, the new paradigm
You're bothered by fake news but all you do is make crap up about people. There's a word for that...

I’m sure he does other things, yes? Or are you making up hyperbole again? :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 00:23

No, he's simply bullying people in yet another thread
User avatar Random Direction

Re:

22 Apr 2018 03:26

Random Direction wrote:No, he's simply bullying people in yet another thread

And doing his job well by putting people off posting.
User avatar ferryman

22 Apr 2018 03:54

ferryman wrote:

So .... you've been put off your posting for how long? ......

Hmmmmm .....

Off your food, as well? .......

Hmmmmmm .....

Can't be certain ... but I'm fairly certain you have an allergy to dissenting opinion, young man. No quick cure ... but if you gradually expose yourself to the pathogen ... you'll be able to manage the symptoms and gradually develop immunity. Before you know it ... you'll be right as rain.
Alpe73

22 Apr 2018 04:52

Alpe73 wrote:
ferryman wrote:

Hmmmmm .....

Hmmmmmm .....

Can't be certain ... but I'm fairly certain you have an allergy to dissenting opinion, young man. No quick cure ... but if you gradually expose yourself to the pathogen ... you'll be able to manage the symptoms and gradually develop immunity. Before you know it ... you'll be right as rain.

Oh, please stop it with your fancy posts. It's not funny and it is certainly not as clever as you think it is. It's actually very transparent. Your closet bullying is just as bad. It does and has put people off from posting. But job done I guess.
User avatar ferryman

22 Apr 2018 05:30

Oh I don't know. I find Alpe's posts more amusing than most on this and these threads. Certainly more entertaining than the endless posts chanting the party line in search of affirmation.

I don't buy the "bullying" line either, unless you are suggesting that posters here are snowflakes.

Anyways, British Sporting administrators, yes. Some good some bad. Much the same as anywhere else. When a British cyclist throws a positive test, and the national federation find nothing to pursue, and Theresa May speaks out to try and put political pressure in defence of the cheating cyclist then I'll listen to all the accusations that the British are just as bad as the worst ;)

Roll on the Froome case. I'm getting sick of seeing these vans when I'm out on the bike

(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

22 Apr 2018 06:11

ferryman wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:
ferryman wrote:

Hmmmmm .....

Hmmmmmm .....

Oh, please stop it with your fancy posts. It's not funny and it is certainly not as clever as you think it is. It's actually very transparent. Your closet bullying is just as bad. It does and has put people off from posting. But job done I guess.

I use a bit of humor ... sarcasm ... sometimes to lighten the moment or to make a counter point. Surely there is just as much room for this, within the context of fluid sports banter, as there is for you implying, a few posts back, that some of us were of shoddy moral fabric in presenting dissenting positions on Froome or you stating ...

"Any grown man that calls Geraint 'G' deserves a good punch in the face."

On this occasion ... my post was a lite, hopefully humorous response, to your post ... accusing another poster of scaring away potential posters.

Please .... show me a post where I have bullied anyone ... and I will self ban for 2 weeks. If not, toughen up a bit ... like any grown man.
Alpe73

22 Apr 2018 10:11

ferryman wrote:Your closet bullying is just as bad.
Come out of the closet Alpe, come out now! It's not Narnia on the other side!
User avatar fmk_RoI

22 Apr 2018 10:13

ferryman wrote:

I do seem to have put you off. I recall asking you a question recently, and not getting an answer. Was that bullying you? Or were you just unable to back up your wild claims with actual evidence?
User avatar fmk_RoI

22 Apr 2018 11:31

fmk_RoI wrote:
ferryman wrote:

I do seem to have put you off. I recall asking you a question recently, and not getting an answer. Was that bullying you? Or were you just unable to back up your wild claims with actual evidence?

Problem being that’s not how discussions work. The art of communication is indeed an art, it’s not a blog post where you espouse your views without two way communication.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 11:44

thehog wrote:The art of communication is indeed an art, it’s not a blog post where you espouse your views without two way communication.
There you go with your blog post obsession again. Seriously, talk to someone about it. Soon.
User avatar fmk_RoI

22 Apr 2018 11:46

ferryman wrote:

I don’t think that’s the case. I think his bark is worse than the bite but it certainly is shades of our old friend the vortex Dr. Massarti :eek:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 16:39

fmk_RoI wrote:
ferryman wrote:

No, I was being friendly to see if you could post without offending others. You couldn't.

And no, I was making wild claims, indeed I didn't make any instead I simply highlighted a few data points. I could wrap you around my finger on analytics if I cared to do so.
User avatar Random Direction

22 Apr 2018 17:43

Random Direction wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
ferryman wrote:

No, I was being friendly to see if you could post without offending others. You couldn't.

And no, I was making wild claims, indeed I didn't make any instead I simply highlighted a few data points. I could wrap you around my finger on analytics if I cared to do so.
What is your problem RD, can't read or won't read? Or maybe it's ego and everything is about you? Read again what I wrote and who I addressed it to. It wasn't you.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: British Sporting Administrators - what's the deal?

22 Apr 2018 18:32

ChewbaccaDefense

22 Apr 2018 18:35

ChewbaccaDefense

22 Apr 2018 20:39

Not a pissing contest if you lay down the plastic sheets and read what I wrote 6 months ago. It’s classic Dr.Mas with a tinge of Race Radio. Just needs a “you can pretend” thrown in for good measure :p
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 23:31

thehog wrote:Not a pissing contest if you lay down the plastic sheets and read what I wrote 6 months ago. It’s classic Dr.Mas with a tinge of Race Radio. Just needs a “you can pretend” thrown in for good measure :p

I was primarily referring to another discussion here (and most pointedly the blogger), but if you got hit with splatter, you can't claim to be completely above it... :)
ChewbaccaDefense

23 Apr 2018 14:25

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
thehog wrote:Not a pissing contest if you lay down the plastic sheets and read what I wrote 6 months ago. It’s classic Dr.Mas with a tinge of Race Radio. Just needs a “you can pretend” thrown in for good measure :p

I was primarily referring to another discussion here (and most pointedly the blogger), but if you got hit with splatter, you can't claim to be completely above it... :)

I’m with you brother, I noted the same, we miss your chutzpah to deal with the splatter :eek:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic