Log in:  

Register

CMS Doping in sport revelations/discussion

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

01 Oct 2013 10:09

sniper wrote:well yeah, it's meager, have to admit.

the important point is what i pointed out to gooner.
Seeing Freeman's history at Bolton, you gotta have some thick blinders to take the walsh/sky version of events at face value. That is the version in which (following Peters) Freeman quizzes Leinders on doping, the latter assures the former he has a clean history, and the former goes on to recommend the latter to brailsford.
Mkay.
To be sure, it's heartwarming to see guys like you and gooner buy into that.


De Jongh vouched for him. Brailsford said Leinders lied out through his teeth. There's definitely a cloud over it. Read again, Brailsford is more at fault for this.

Plus, the guy has been ditched and the success has carried on. I like to know how and that's of more interest to me. I have strong doubts that Leinders was any mastermind here. I think it's a more on the side thing going on.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

01 Oct 2013 10:12

del1962 wrote:Freddie Shepherd appointed BFS and them Ashely took over,

Can we stop this Big Sam nonsense, it is Big Fat Sam, I think we could forgive his lack of results at Newcastle had the football been less dire

ANyway why Freeman warrents a thread on him in the clinic is beyond me, it is not like there is any evidence against him, and he could be discussed in the Sky Thread if necessary.


Or Bit Fat Scam to be more precise, after the allegations about his son and bungs. Bought a villa in Spain with his pay off from Newcastle and named it Casa St. James'
I'm the all night drug-prowling wolf who looks so sick in the sun
User avatar Spencer the Half Wit
Junior Member
 
Posts: 192
Joined: 17 Oct 2012 20:58

01 Oct 2013 10:16

del1962 wrote:Freddie Shepherd appointed BFS and them Ashely took over,

Can we stop this Big Sam nonsense, it is Big Fat Sam, I think we could forgive his lack of results at Newcastle had the football been less dire

ANyway why Freeman warrents a thread on him in the clinic is beyond me, it is not like there is any evidence against him, and he could be discussed in the Sky Thread if necessary.


I'm not even a fan of the guy. Any Arsenal fan will tell you that. I have a strong dislike towards him.

Agree on Freeman.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

01 Oct 2013 10:16

gooner wrote:De Jongh vouched for him. Brailsford said Leinders lied out through his teeth. There's definitely a cloud over it. Read again, Brailsford is more at fault for this.

Plus, the guy has been ditched and the success has carried on. I like to know how and that's of more interest to me. I have strong doubts that Leinders was any mastermind here. I think it's a more on the side thing going on.


why would Leinders have had to lie?
you actually think that in the interview they insisted on him having a 100% clean history? from what planet must Team Sky have been to seriously believe something like that?

what reasons (other than thick blinders) do you have to take braislford's version of events seriously?
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Oct 2013 10:19

Is Big Sam a doper? i think he is because he plays terrible football..dopers fatigue. We need Amsterhammer here :D
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,174
Joined: 30 Sep 2011 10:17
Location: Rubber Plantation.

01 Oct 2013 10:20

sniper wrote:well yeah, it's meager, have to admit.

the important point is what i pointed out to gooner.
Seeing Freeman's linkedin profile, you gotta have some thick blinders to take the walsh/sky version of events at face value. That is the version in which (following Peters) Freeman quizzes Leinders on doping, the latter assures the former he has a clean history, and the former goes on to recommend the latter to brailsford, convinced as he is that the latter indeed has a clean history.
Mkay.
[color="RoyalBlue"]To be sure, it's heartwarming to see guys like you and gooner buy into that.[/color]

Another ad hominen - nice, I never once said anything about it, however you can assist in taking my blinders off.

So, can you point out where in the ST article it says that Freeman interviewed or quizzed Leinders on doping.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

01 Oct 2013 10:21

sniper wrote:why would Leinders have had to lie?
you actually think that in the interview they insisted on him having a 100% clean history? from what planet must Team Sky have been to seriously believe something like that?

what reasons (other than thick blinders) do you have to take braislford's version of events seriously?


Sniper, the guy has been moved on. He has been talked about endlessly. Who do you think is running the programme now? The success has carried on even more after he left. Remember Freeman was at Sky from the start in 2010 when there was little success.
User avatar gooner
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,762
Joined: 25 Mar 2013 14:18

01 Oct 2013 10:24

gooner wrote:Sniper, the guy has been moved on. He has been talked about endlessly. Who do you think is running the programme now? The success has carried on even more after he left. Remember Freeman was at Sky from the start in 2010 when there was little success.


that's not the issue.
i'm sitting here flabbergasted at the fact that you are actually considering and willing to take the sky/walsh version at face value.
flabbergasted.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Oct 2013 10:29

Dr. Maserati wrote:Another ad hominen - nice, I never once said anything about it, however you can assist in taking my blinders off.

So, can you point out where in the ST article it says that Freeman interviewed or quizzed Leinders on doping.

chicken
egg
did too
did not

can you actually engage in debate? with, like, arguments and stuff?
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Oct 2013 10:30

sniper wrote:that's not the issue.
i'm sitting here flabbergasted at the fact that you are actually considering and willing to take the sky/walsh version at face value.
flabbergasted.


But what do you actually want to say? You start a new thread about Freeman, you add 0 new information and at the end it turns again about sky and walsh. Why did you start thread about Freeman? What kind of new information you have contributed here?
Von Mises
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 20:17

01 Oct 2013 10:36

Von Mises wrote:But what do you actually want to say? You start a new thread about Freeman, you add 0 new information and at the end it turns again about sky and walsh. Why did you start thread about Freeman? What kind of new information you have contributed here?

do posters open threads just to contribute knowledge? what about asking for/receiving knowledge?

wanted to see if others knew more on freeman or his time at bolton. if not, cool.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Oct 2013 10:44

sniper wrote:chicken
egg
did too
did not

can you actually engage in debate? with, like, arguments and stuff?


What is there to "debate"?
I pointed out that you had nothing and you went straight to ad hominen and included that Freeman interviewed GL about doping, which is untrue.
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

01 Oct 2013 10:46

sniper wrote:do posters open threads just to contribute knowledge? what about asking for/receiving knowledge?

wanted to see if others knew more on freeman or his time at bolton. if not, cool.


So basically you admit that you know zilch, but are still so sure to make a conclusion "and of course I think Bolton were on a program whilst Freeman was there". And I do not get how from Freemans linkedin profile you can get "Seeing Freeman's linkedin profile, you gotta have some thick blinders to take the walsh/sky version of events at face value." I just do not get it, what logic is behind this connection.
Von Mises
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 20:17

01 Oct 2013 11:13

sky fanbase have assured me this guy is a straight ace.
that.s all i needed to hear.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

01 Oct 2013 11:26

sniper wrote:sky fanbase have assured me this guy is a straight ace.
that.s all i needed to hear.


Another ad hominen - you're on a roll.

I am certainly not a Sky fan, but i do like some facts or information.

You threw up a thread with a "what else do we have on this guy" when you started with nothing. Despite that you asked people to take their blinkers off when you made a comment about Freeman that was untrue.

And then when that is pointed out you attempt to bait the "sky fanbase" with a strawman?
User avatar Dr. Maserati
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,437
Joined: 19 Jun 2009 10:31

01 Oct 2013 11:41

don't worry doc, i know you're not a sky fan.
just provoking a bit.
anyway, this thread will fade, as there indeed appears to be nothing tangible on the guy.
that's only fair.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

Dr. Freeman, what do we know about him?

15 Oct 2016 14:02

Discuss
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,481
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

15 Oct 2016 14:37

Works for Sky, British.

Guilty

Close thread.
User avatar Chaddy
Junior Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: 25 Oct 2012 21:19

15 Oct 2016 15:24

Does he still work for Sky?

Does he work for TeamWiggins?
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,516
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

15 Oct 2016 15:33

sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blanco and 17 guests

Back to top