Register

CMS Doping in sport revelations/discussion

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: CMS Doping in sport revelations/discussion

05 Feb 2019 23:20

Wiggins legal battle with Lawton & DCMS begins once Testogate is over a dicky bird tells me ; )
samhocking

06 Feb 2019 07:10

Why after? Why not before? Surly if he was as confident he would do it before. He's also suing DCMS? he's suing the government, that's brave.
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2019 08:10

samhocking wrote:Wiggins legal battle with Lawton & DCMS begins once Testogate is over a dicky bird tells me ; )

Him Sam, do you ever frequent football forums during the transfer window? It usually goes like this, my high up source at the club tells me x is signing on Monday, or my source, my good mate, who knows high up people at the club tells me Y is signing on Tuesday or, my best mate, who is my source but supports A tells me B is signing on Wednesday. And then there is, I was standing in the queue at Greggs yesterday and I heard this guy saying we're signing A, B, X, Y and Z on Thursday, but I can't reveal my source. Do you like sausage rolls and vanilla slices??
User avatar ferryman

06 Feb 2019 08:44

ferryman wrote:
samhocking wrote:Wiggins legal battle with Lawton & DCMS begins once Testogate is over a dicky bird tells me ; )

Him Sam, do you ever frequent football forums during the transfer window? It usually goes like this, my high up source at the club tells me x is signing on Monday, or my source, my good mate, who knows high up people at the club tells me Y is signing on Tuesday or, my best mate, who is my source but supports A tells me B is signing on Wednesday. And then there is, I was standing in the queue at Greggs yesterday and I heard this guy saying we're signing A, B, X, Y and Z on Thursday, but I can't reveal my source. Do you like sausage rolls and vanilla slices??

:lol: :lol: :lol: Greggs :lol: :lol:

Classic
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2019 10:30

Mod hat on:

Hi all, several posts seem to be getting a little too personal in this thread. I've not seen anything that crosses the line yet, but please think about what you're posting.

Cheers,

KB.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

06 Feb 2019 10:59

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6673331/Former-Team-Sky-doctor-Richard-Freeman-fails-attend-opening-day-medical-tribunal.html
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/freeman-requests-adjournment-of-medical-tribunal/
An adjournment of 48 hours has been applied for, which the panel of three tribunal members of are currently discussing.

The request for a private session is understood to be related to Freeman’s health.

Quelle surprise :rolleyes: (got a new book in the works too maybe?)
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

06 Feb 2019 11:11

You couldn't make it up eh?

But hey, nothing to see here, move along guys.

Has Phil Mitchell been round for a 'chat'? :lol:
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2019 11:16

It's a "month long" tribunal...so I'm not seeing this failure to appear in the same light as his non-appearance at the DCMS.

I hope the truth emerges at some point about his motivations for prescribing Kenacort to Wiggins by way of TUE, given that some or all of the other Sky medical team conspired to prevent him from so doing. (and yes, I realise this tribunal is about the testosterone)
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re:

06 Feb 2019 11:20

macbindle wrote:It's a "month long" tribunal...so I'm not seeing this failure to appear in the same light as his non-appearance at the DCMS.

I hope the truth emerges at some point about his motivations for prescribing Kenacort to Wiggins by way of TUE, given that some or all of the other Sky medical team conspired to prevent him from so doing. (and yes, I realise this tribunal is about the testosterone)

Will that come up in the tribunal?
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2019 11:23

Indirectly it might, but also if he's struck off, thereby rendering him unemployable, he might do an Oprah.
User avatar macbindle

Re:

06 Feb 2019 11:26

macbindle wrote:Indirectly it might, but also if he's struck off, thereby rendering him unemployable, he might do an Oprah.

I would cry if I saw him on Jezza Kyle :lol:
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2019 11:28

If he didnt have anything to hide, surly he would just show up. Clear his name and the name of Sky / BC.

If he does have something to hide, he will surly be under immense pressure from whoever are the guilty parties.
User avatar MartinGT

Re:

06 Feb 2019 11:39

MartinGT wrote:If he didnt have anything to hide, surly he would just show up. Clear his name and the name of Sky / BC.

If he does have something to hide, he will surly be under immense pressure from whoever are the guilty parties.

I don't think this is always true (there's a huge amount of evidence that it isn't) and I certainly don't think it's true for someone who suffers from mental health problems.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

06 Feb 2019 11:48

^ this.

It sounds a little too analogous to the 'Nothing to hide' argument, used to justify intrusive mass-surveillance, for comfort.

Failure to imagine other possibilities does not mean those possibilities do not exist.
User avatar macbindle

Re:

06 Feb 2019 11:52

macbindle wrote:Indirectly it might, but also if he's struck off, thereby rendering him unemployable, he might do an Oprah.

Not a chance, a gagging order would be issued in minutes.
MatParker117

06 Feb 2019 11:56

I seriously do not think there will be any massive revelations on the outcome of this tribunal tbh.
User avatar MartinGT

Re: Re:

06 Feb 2019 12:16

MatParker117 wrote:

On what grounds?
User avatar macbindle

06 Feb 2019 12:20

Adjourned until Friday.
User avatar MartinGT

Re: Re:

06 Feb 2019 12:56

macbindle wrote:
MatParker117 wrote:

On what grounds?

Doctor patient confidentiality and privacy. While in theory he could say that I gave "Banned substance X to Team Sky rider/staff" there's no legal way for him to prove it was for a specific individual thanks to the robbery and loss of the laptop. Without that it's he said she said and Freeman and whoever prints the interview puts themselves at massive risk of being sued.
MatParker117

06 Feb 2019 13:46

ferryman wrote:

Not sure you realise 'dicky bird' is Cockney Rhyming Slang for 'nothing', ie no word. Too subtle outside Bow Bells maybe?
samhocking

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic