Register

The Bot logic thread

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: The Bot logic thread

09 Mar 2017 14:37

Here's a new one from our friends, it is getting to the level of extremism, if anyone holds a counter point of view one must be sued and shut down. It's very radical if not scary.

How many months until Benson and Cyclingnews are sued for defamation?

Benson and Cyclingnews have completely lost it lately

In addition to their highly defamatory fabricated articles they allow the comments section (will not talk about the clinic which is a shitpit for years) to be full of libelous defamatory statement be presented as facts.

i'm not from UK but if this website and this editor will be residents of my country they would be eaten alive in court in 2-3 sessions, extra fast.

tick tock i think the clock is already ticking and someone will make an example of them.

you can't lick real madrid's *** but post this bullshit about cycling.

and when that happen , and that website and Benson especially are ruined, i will open a bottle of wine and celebrate.

even in my country, if you post the crap they post about any REGULAR person, you can bet your house you are good to pay in court.

hell, even you post that about me, i would drag you in court and kick your *** with any problems, making some money in the process.

my guess is that many riders of today, who lost a lot of money through failed sponsorships because of the lies of so called journalists, will sue Benson and cyclingnews after they retire. not now cause it's not nice to attack "the liberty" (LOL) of the press.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

09 Mar 2017 14:57

thehog wrote:
i'm not from UK but

hahaahhaah

he, it will be a he, he is from the UK. I will stake my life on this.

I am not racist but...
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Mar 2017 15:26

thehog wrote:Here's a new one from our friends, it is getting to the level of extremism, if anyone holds a counter point of view one must be sued and shut down. It's very radical if not scary.

In addition to their highly defamatory fabricated articles they allow the comments section (will not talk about the clinic which is a shitpit for years) to be full of libelous defamatory statement be presented as facts.

i'm not from UK but if this website and this editor will be residents of my country they would be eaten alive in court in 2-3 sessions, extra fast.

tick tock i think the clock is already ticking and someone will make an example of them.

you can't lick real madrid's *** but post this ****** about cycling.

and when that happen , and that website and Benson especially are ruined, i will open a bottle of wine and celebrate.

even in my country, if you post the crap they post about any REGULAR person, you can bet your house you are good to pay in court.

hell, even you post that about me, i would drag you in court and kick your *** with any problems, making some money in the process.

my guess is that many riders of today, who lost a lot of money through failed sponsorships because of the lies of so called journalists, will sue Benson and cyclingnews after they retire. not now cause it's not nice to attack "the liberty" (LOL) of the press.

I wonder if it was the same person/bot that said this:

hey facktard, Benson and Irondan retards, it's ok to have your website full of libelous ****?
you drove all from the Clinic to have your nice echo chamber .

:D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 15:32

Well that's you told Dan!! :D
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

Re:

09 Mar 2017 15:35

King Boonen wrote:Well that's you told Dan!! :D

Gotta love the comments section!

All the bots that have been banned from the forum seemed to have shown up in the comments section... :rolleyes:
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 15:38

Irondan wrote:
thehog wrote:Here's a new one from our friends, it is getting to the level of extremism, if anyone holds a counter point of view one must be sued and shut down. It's very radical if not scary.

hey facktard, Benson and Irondan retards, it's ok to have your website full of libelous ****?

see Dan:

you can see how well behaved I am compared to these loons. show Susan.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

09 Mar 2017 15:47

blackcat wrote:
Irondan wrote:

see Dan:

you can see how well behaved I am compared to these loons. show Susan.

:rolleyes:
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Re:

09 Mar 2017 15:47

Irondan wrote:

All the bots that have been banned from the forum seemed to have shown up in the comments section... :rolleyes:

Did you sleep with his wife or something? That's a pretty extremely level of aggression!
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 15:53

King Boonen wrote:
Irondan wrote:

Did you sleep with his wife or something? That's a pretty extremely level of aggression!

I have no idea... I go through those comments to weed out the libelous statements and other stuff but apparently Daniel Bensons article about unnamed riders talking about asking DB to step down really set off the BOT masses. They came en masse to claim it was fake news, lies, part of an agenda by CN to ruin Sky and more. If there is any good (recent) example of how the bots work on this website it's that particular article. Why I was included is beyond me, I don't write for CN.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 16:03

Irondan wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
Irondan wrote:

I have no idea... I go through those comments to weed out the libelous statements and other stuff but apparently Daniel Bensons article about unnamed riders talking about asking DB to step down really set off the BOT masses. They came en masse to claim it was fake news, lies, part of an agenda by CN to ruin Sky and more. If there is any good (recent) example of how the bots work on this website it's that particular article. Why I was included is beyond me, I don't write for CN.

The bots are an angry bunch, they spend most of their day and into the night playing down doping stories and getting very aggressive with anyone who would ever consider raising the question about doping and Sky. Cycling news has become the anti-Christ because it print stories about possible doping but the bots never see the articles which are on the racing side and pro-Sky with regards to their training techniques etc.

Bot example #456

By and large Cycling News just reprint other people's stories. I doubt much that they originate themselves would be interesting enough to involve lawyers.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

09 Mar 2017 16:08

I'll start posting some of the more extreme examples of Botlogic in this thread from the comments section, it should great fodder to chew through.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 17:14

As a matter of policy should material from the 'comments section' be printed in this part of the forum ? Surely they should be two discrete parts of CN.
yaco

09 Mar 2017 17:21

I found this fairly interesting/persuasive.

https://qz.com/778767/to-tell-someone-theyre-wrong-first-tell-them-how-theyre-right/

Blaise Pascal wrote:When we wish to correct with advantage, and to show another that he errs, we must notice from what side he views the matter, for on that side it is usually true, and admit that truth to him, but reveal to him the side on which it is false. He is satisfied with that, for he sees that he was not mistaken, and that he only failed to see all sides. Now, no one is offended at not seeing everything; but one does not like to be mistaken, and that perhaps arises from the fact that man naturally cannot see everything, and that naturally he cannot err in the side he looks at, since the perceptions of our senses are always true.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

Re:

09 Mar 2017 17:24

yaco wrote:As a matter of policy should material from the 'comments section' be printed in this part of the forum ? Surely they should be two discrete parts of CN.

Most of it is from your hangout on Biker****d :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

09 Mar 2017 17:32

yaco wrote:As a matter of policy should material from the 'comments section' be printed in this part of the forum ? Surely they should be two discrete parts of CN.

What policy and why
kingjr

09 Mar 2017 17:38

It's true, however Sky vitriol haters' world is not better than #botlogic in any sense. However everyone's willing to change his opponents and no one wants to change himself/herself, so seeing one side of the coin is the easiest thing to do. **ck any rationalism. I'll be exposing skybots as it's a real 'fun'. ;)
Last edited by dacooley on 09 Mar 2017 17:44, edited 2 times in total.
dacooley

Re:

09 Mar 2017 17:43

If there is a policy, I've never seen it and I've spent lots of time reviewing Immediate Media's Terms & Conditions and I know the forum rules intimately as I've written some of them. The website and forum are not separate entities, the forum is a section within the website. All content posted in both places are subject to the same terms and conditions but the forum has a set of supplemental rules that do not supercede the websites terms and conditions.

You're asking if they should be separated but you haven't given a reason why?
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

09 Mar 2017 17:56

Re Strange Loop and others:

I am not exactly sure but when Sky started dominating the stage races, plenty of people tried to explain the Sky fans that why this sort of domination should not be possible with very good reasons. Or, people tried to explain why the badzilla story does not make any sense as Sky and Froome give 3-4 seperate stories about badzilla that contradicts each other and the symptoms for badzilla does not match the stories of Sky and Froome, and there are plenty of similar examples like Mick Rodgers dropping everyone but 6 guys while being the dodgiest rider of this generation, or Wiggins' insane weight loss to crush everyone in TT's to regaining weight to become WC of TT.

Well, these efforts did not lead to anything apart from generic bot responses, and people quickly gave up on explaining and arguing the reasons. Also, posting and laughing on clinic about full retard performances is way more fun than trying to argue with bots, because you absolutely can not argue with them.
burning

09 Mar 2017 18:09

Irondan wrote:

If there is a policy, I've never seen it and I've spent lots of time reviewing Immediate Media's Terms & Conditions and I know the forum rules intimately as I've written some of them. The website and forum are not separate entities, the forum is a section within the website. All content posted in both places are subject to the same terms and conditions but the forum has a set of supplemental rules that do not supercede the websites terms and conditions.

I post on other forums operated by Immediate Media which have a policy of 'unofficially separating parts of a forum, especially if you are quoting posts from someone who is not a member of THIS forum, and therefore has no right of reply.

On a purely personal note it seems pointless to drag across posts from the comments section - Surely we have enough material to keep this part of the forum functioning.
yaco

09 Mar 2017 18:28

yaco wrote:
Irondan wrote:

I post on other forums operated by Immediate Media which have a policy of 'unofficially separating parts of a forum, especially if you are quoting posts from someone who is not a member of THIS forum, and therefore has no right of reply.

On a purely personal note it seems pointless to drag across posts from the comments section - Surely we have enough material to keep this part of the forum functioning.

I don't see the problem with it, they can come into the forum if they're not already banned.

I'll look into it to see if there's something that I missed, I hope you're not sending me on a wild goose chase...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic