Register

2 Bardiani riders positive

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

2 Bardiani riders positive

05 May 2017 00:46

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-two-bardiani-csf-riders-positive-in-out-of-competition-control
Pirazzi and Ruffoni have positive A sample
There is a sense of deja vu. But so familiar is this situation that i donot feel anger or shock only sadness that cycling took a beating once again and will probably continue to do so in the future.
IndianCyclist

Re: 2 Bardiani riders positive

05 May 2017 01:39

IndianCyclist wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-two-bardiani-csf-riders-positive-in-out-of-competition-control
Pirazzi and Ruffoni have positive A sample
There is a sense of deja vu. But so familiar is this situation that i donot feel anger or shock only sadness that cycling took a beating once again and will probably continue to do so in the future.

i preferred them when they were Ceramiche Panaria Navigare and they merely had Graeme de Bruijn causing havoc in the sprints, doing tangents on road circles/round-abouts, and other road furniture, and putting Tom Steels in a body bag in Qatar.

"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

06 May 2017 17:20

So Ruffo says it was because of his urinary/prostate infection. OK, I'm no Dr. so maybe that could be the reason...except that his teammate also tested hot for the same thing, did he also have a urinary/prostate infection? :(
jmdirt

10 May 2017 23:25

And how did Pirazzi get it, are these guys roomm8s?
Djoop

03 Oct 2017 18:33

Pirazzi get FOUR years but can appeal
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/03-10-2017/doping-squalifica-4-anni-stefano-pirazzi-2201048463893.shtml Italian Source

Four years of disqualification. This is the judgment of the International Cycling Union for Stefano Pirazzi, one of the two Italian cyclists...
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

20 Oct 2017 11:57

Another one: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bardiani-csf-rider-blames-positive-doping-test-on-his-mothers-medicine/

Again an awesome excuse:

"The problem is that my mother takes Lasix (a brand name for furosemide) at meal times. While she was dividing the tablets it must have got into my plate."
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

20 Oct 2017 12:44

A recycling of the Sara Errani excuse " mother's tablet falling into the pasta."
What to do with the Bardiani-CSF team will be a good test for UCI President David Lappartient...
Last edited by adamfo on 20 Oct 2017 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
adamfo

Re:

20 Oct 2017 12:51

Rollthedice wrote:Another one: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bardiani-csf-rider-blames-positive-doping-test-on-his-mothers-medicine/

Again an awesome excuse:

"The problem is that my mother takes Lasix (a brand name for furosemide) at meal times. While she was dividing the tablets it must have got into my plate."

"It must have got into my plate", or what's more likely is that he found out what his mother was taking could be useful to him and his doping program.

I love it when riders get popped for "masking agents" rather than the initial doping products, it seems very poetic.

What's this do to Bardiani? It should be interesting and I hope we don't hear the team crying about how unfair they're being treated. Their riders feel it's necessary to dope for whatever reason, perhaps the riders were never as good as the pro conti level dictates they should be and the team pressures them to go the extra mile, or perhaps the team is as befuddled as they would like everyone to believe, either way, the team has 3 out of 20 of its riders turn up dirty in a single season, that's a great indication that whatever they're doing is wrong.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

20 Oct 2017 12:59

The Warne defence (although he knew he was taking it).
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

20 Oct 2017 13:19

Are people REALLY that lax with their medications ?

It doesn't even begin to pass a smell test.

Bardiani as a team need to be facing some tough sanctions. Yes a good test of El Presidente.
User avatar Catwhoorg

20 Oct 2017 14:04

As a Mom, I would find out whether my medication is on the banned list and would do everything to work with my child to keep contact with that medication away from him.

As the rider, I would find out whether my mom's medication is on the banned list and would do everything to work with her to keep contact with that medication away from me.
User avatar Susan Westemeyer
Administrator

Re:

20 Oct 2017 14:09

Catwhoorg wrote:Are people REALLY that lax with their medications ?

Bardiani as a team need to be facing some tough sanctions. Yes a good test of El Presidente.

Probably not, but you'd be surprised at how stupid humans can be, I get surprised all the time.

It's a BS story, not real. Unreal and Unbelievable.

What the worst part is is that this guy is pinning the negligence on his own mother.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

20 Oct 2017 17:12

As the saying goes:

As soon as we invent something idiot proof, the world finds a more effective idiot.
User avatar Catwhoorg

20 Oct 2017 17:57

Daryl Impey's Italian cousin... :)
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

20 Oct 2017 18:09

At least Michael's mamma was not chopping up her laxative pills while making spaghetti the night before the National Championships and only masking agents. Small mercies!
samhocking

20 Oct 2017 18:10

Oh come on guys, he's clearly completely innocent. Just damn unfortunate that his mother had to divide her tablets right over his dinner plate... :rolleyes:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

20 Oct 2017 18:16

Bardiani will be fine. David Lappartient's Vice President is none other than Renato DI ROCCO who just so happens to also be President of the Italian Cycling Federation since 2005 lol!
samhocking

Re: Re:

20 Oct 2017 19:01

samhocking wrote:

Bardiani will be fine. David Lappartient's Vice President is none other than Renato DI ROCCO who just so happens to also be President of the Italian Cycling Federation since 2005 lol!

;)
eheheh
pastronef

Re:

20 Oct 2017 19:21

Susan Westemeyer wrote:As a Mom, I would find out whether my medication is on the banned list and would do everything to work with my child to keep contact with that medication away from him.

As the rider, I would find out whether my mom's medication is on the banned list and would do everything to work with her to keep contact with that medication away from me.

In Italy you have symbols on medication that is on the banned list (remember the Johaug chase in XC skiing):
I've also got Lasix and other stuff that is on the banned list at home because of my grandmother who needs those meds, but everyone athlete knows about the symbol on meds and of course you'd tell your family, it's just a poor excuse.
User avatar Mayomaniac

20 Oct 2017 19:34

That's pretty interesting Mayo, we unfortunately don't have anything like that in the US, unless I'm just completely unaware.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

Next

Return to The Clinic