Register

Cardiac Anomalies - is something going on or is this normal?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

12 Jan 2018 11:33

Mod hat on:

Ok, this has gone way off topic. If you want to discuss practices within healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry you're welcome to make a thread in the Cafe where this kind of discussion belongs, but lets stop it here. I'll even move the posts across if you want?

Cheers,

KB.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

Re:

12 Jan 2018 20:46

King Boonen wrote:Mod hat on:

Ok, this has gone way off topic. If you want to discuss practices within healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry you're welcome to make a thread in the Cafe where this kind of discussion belongs, but lets stop it here. I'll even move the posts across if you want?

Cheers,

KB.
I certainly wouldn't mind, given who the OP of this thread is. (Reliably his/her replies will be rude in some fashion, can we have some kind of a calculable % as to when the replies will actually not be rude?)

Okay, I know, off to serve some hard time in the sin bin I go. Apologies to the mods ahead of time.

EDIT: If (and this is just a suggestion) we should have such a thread in the Cafe it would be with the understanding that there won't be any discussion of PEDs, otherwise things might get a bit iffy between the Cafe and the Clinic affairs.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

14 Jan 2018 21:23

@nomad

The key word here was «Health». Performance wise you need increased intensitet as you age in order to improve, it’s just probably not good for you.
Oude Geuze

29 Jan 2018 11:35

Not WT level, but CCC Sprandi-Polkowice's Paweł Cieślik (31) - he's only ever been a conti or pro-conti rider - has been sidelined with a hole in his heart (ASD / PFO). (Polish article.)
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

01 Feb 2018 21:55

fmk_RoI wrote:Not WT level, but CCC Sprandi-Polkowice's Paweł Cieślik (31) - he's only ever been a conti or pro-conti rider - has been sidelined with a hole in his heart (ASD / PFO). (Polish article.)
Due to my lack of speaking/reading the Polish language - is the hole understood to be congenital? Or, is it believed to have been cause by PEDs? Please translate.

Btw., seeing as my dad is going through all these heart tests right now - they are all extremely expensive. (Especially the nuclear ones.) So this may be why no such tests are performed on athletes who are young and are deemed to be to healthy enough to perform.

Re: Re:

02 Feb 2018 16:36

Tricycle Rider wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:Not WT level, but CCC Sprandi-Polkowice's Paweł Cieślik (31) - he's only ever been a conti or pro-conti rider - has been sidelined with a hole in his heart (ASD / PFO). (Polish article.)
Due to my lack of speaking/reading the Polish language - is the hole understood to be congenital? Or, is it believed to have been cause by PEDs? Please translate.
1) It doesn't say - but there's probably a clue in it being a PFO

2) What doctor on earth would state that the cause was PEDs?

3) I have translated the key points of the article
User avatar fmk_RoI

04 Feb 2018 03:05

fmk_RoI wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:
1) It doesn't say - but there's probably a clue in it being a PFO

2) What doctor on earth would state that the cause was PEDs?

3) I have translated the key points of the article
You presumed too much and translated very little.

So, why bother posting this in your very own thread in the Clinic if it's got very little to do with PEDs? (Just pretend I'm slow, like most of the posters here judging by your replies.)

04 Feb 2018 10:30

Tricycle Rider wrote:So, why bother posting this in your very own thread in the Clinic if it's got very little to do with PEDs? (Just pretend I'm slow, like most of the posters here judging by your replies.)
If for just one minute you could stop trying to be rude AF and score petty points, you might have noticed that PEDs are not being presumed to cause any of the incidents listed. In point of fact, the whole purpose here is to ask if some aren't just too quick off the mark in blaming PEDs for everything, from crashes to heart conditions.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Previous

Return to The Clinic