Register

Cardiac Anomalies - is something going on or is this normal?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

05 Dec 2018 17:55

Armchair cyclist wrote:Goolaerts rode World Tour races, he was a World Tour rider.
Oh. My. God.

Seriously?
User avatar fmk_RoI

05 Dec 2018 18:02

Yes. Seriously.

No-one is claiming he was a WorldTeam rider: you seem to be either unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge, the difference.

But unless you are willing to apologise for the arrogance with which you have pursued your error, there is no sense in deflecting the thread further, and we will learn something about you.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

Re:

05 Dec 2018 18:31

Armchair cyclist wrote:Yes. Seriously.

No-one is claiming he was a WorldTeam rider: you seem to be either unaware of, or unwilling to acknowledge, the difference.

But unless you are willing to apologise for the arrogance with which you have pursued your error, there is no sense in deflecting the thread further, and we will learn something about you.
If you have anything substantive to add to the topic, please do. Otherwise, troll someone else. I've already learned more than I need to know about you.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: Re:

06 Dec 2018 03:42

fmk_RoI wrote:
Armchair cyclist wrote:Yes. Seriously.

If you have anything substantive to add to the topic, please do. Otherwise, troll someone else. I've already learned more than I need to know about you.
Except that you haven't learned much of anything, it's that each individual heart patient is very different, and thusly, there is no formula.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

06 Dec 2018 09:54

Tricycle Rider wrote:Except that you haven't learned much of anything, it's that each individual heart patient is very different, and thusly, there is no formula.
I've really got no idea where you got the idea there's a formula involved. Maybe once more you're just piling in without reading?
User avatar fmk_RoI

06 Dec 2018 10:45

fmk_RoI wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:Except that you haven't learned much of anything, it's that each individual heart patient is very different, and thusly, there is no formula.
I've really got no idea where you got the idea there's a formula involved. Maybe once more you're just piling in without reading?
Is this some kind of a reddit sub poster that you're confusing me with?

I'm not looking for karma, are you?
User avatar Tricycle Rider

07 Dec 2018 19:48

Freeman on British Cycling's lack of support for cardiac screening beyond Podium and Academy athletes:
Personally, I wanted to extend the screening to any rider on a British Cycling programme aged fourteen and above, but despite proposing it in-house in early 2016 it was not picked up on as preparations for Rio 2016 were key at that time.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

07 Dec 2018 19:57

fmk_RoI wrote:Freeman on British Cycling's lack of support for cardiac screening beyond Podium and Academy athletes:
Personally, I wanted to extend the screening to any rider on a British Cycling programme aged fourteen and above, but despite proposing it in-house in early 2016 it was not picked up on as preparations for Rio 2016 were key at that time.
In 2017 he proposed it again, following Charlie Craig's death:
Immediately after his death I went to management, knowing that it was time to act. But I was told that the problems caused by Jiffygate meant that the funding of the WPP programme was under threat. I should get on and do my job with the podium riders.
User avatar fmk_RoI

07 Dec 2018 20:02

And February 2018, coroner Chris Moris on Craig's death:
It is of residual concern that British Cycling still does not routinely undertake medical evaluation or screening prior to accepting individuals on to their junior training programme. All sports have a role to play in reducing the number of young deaths.
User avatar fmk_RoI

10 Dec 2018 18:25

fmk_RoI wrote:
Norks74 wrote:There was one. Michael Goolerts at Paris Roubaix. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Goolaerts
Oh. My. God.

Seriously.

Vérandas Willems–Crelan is a pro-conti team. Which is not WT.

fmk_RoI. Easy now. I was merely trying to remind you that the incident occurred during 2018 at a World Tour race, which you evidently know as it's mentioned in your initial post. I took WT in the post I replied to to mean World Tour level racing rather than specifically, a World Tour team.

As with regards to the topic at large, it's my opinion that it is normal and to be expected. And that's before factoring in any doping whatsoever.
Norks74

Previous

Return to The Clinic