Register

Andre Cardoso positive for EPO

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

07 Jul 2018 07:17

This case is the failure of the rider's professional association - Surely a well run, well organised and well funded association would have the resources to support Cardoso's legal fees - Riders should do better to support other riders.
yaco

15 Nov 2018 12:30

Well, Four-year ban.

As with similar cases in the past, the period of ineligibility already served is likely to be taken into account, meaning his four-year ban would be backdated to start from that date and thus run to July 2021.

See, this is one of the cases where a backdated ban actually makes sense, since he actually was sidelined (essentially banned, though the word was different).
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

15 Nov 2018 12:36

RedheadDane wrote:Well, Four-year ban.

As with similar cases in the past, the period of ineligibility already served is likely to be taken into account, meaning his four-year ban would be backdated to start from that date and thus run to July 2021.

See, this is one of the cases where a backdated ban actually makes sense, since he actually was sidelined (essentially banned, though the word was different).
The words are "provisionally suspended."
User avatar fmk_RoI

Yesterday 22:32

I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

Today 12:17

RedheadDane wrote:I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Given this is what the rules clearly state, you are merely stating the bleeding obvious.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Previous

Return to The Clinic