Log in:  

Register

Andre Cardoso positive for EPO

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

07 Jul 2018 07:17

This case is the failure of the rider's professional association - Surely a well run, well organised and well funded association would have the resources to support Cardoso's legal fees - Riders should do better to support other riders.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,496
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

15 Nov 2018 12:30

Well, Four-year ban.

As with similar cases in the past, the period of ineligibility already served is likely to be taken into account, meaning his four-year ban would be backdated to start from that date and thus run to July 2021.


See, this is one of the cases where a backdated ban actually makes sense, since he actually was sidelined (essentially banned, though the word was different).
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,804
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

15 Nov 2018 12:36

RedheadDane wrote:Well, Four-year ban.

As with similar cases in the past, the period of ineligibility already served is likely to be taken into account, meaning his four-year ban would be backdated to start from that date and thus run to July 2021.


See, this is one of the cases where a backdated ban actually makes sense, since he actually was sidelined (essentially banned, though the word was different).
The words are "provisionally suspended."
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,849
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

16 Nov 2018 22:32

I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,804
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

17 Nov 2018 12:17

RedheadDane wrote:I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Given this is what the rules clearly state, you are merely stating the bleeding obvious.
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,849
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

17 Nov 2018 16:19

This is a complete joke..cycling unions,federations..association..riders just now are being punished for offenses committed in 2017?..joke..teams folding so paying riders..pro bike racers from all over the world needing to travel to a specific country to vote in an election?
No wonder the sport can't get any traction a TV coverage or sponsors..everyone has to spend equal time and money saying sorry for praising and supporting doped riders..Cycling News w what I expect is not an unlimited budget spent it's time and money interviewing Floyd Landis..and what did they interview him about? Yep..selling dope in remote Colorado..and could there be more? Sure Landis plans to use dope sales proceeds to sponsor a cycling team..
If the Armstrong era didn't get proficient procedures in place to catch and punish drug users the sport is doomed..from Froome to Cardoza..Wiggins and Gianni Bugno this is a complete cluster phuck..for cycling management and infrastructure.
Just now maybe resolving Operation Puerta...a rainbow colors on one of the suspects?
Come on cycling fans demand better
Unchained
Member
 
Posts: 865
Joined: 05 Sep 2016 00:24

Re: Re:

17 Nov 2018 20:39

fmk_RoI wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:I know what the word(s) is. My point was that he was unable to ride during the 16-month period, therefore his ban should obviously be backdated, otherwise he wouldn't have been given a four-year ban, he'd have been given a five-year-and-four-months ban.
Given this is what the rules clearly state, you are merely stating the bleeding obvious.

In that case, you're doing even less than that.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran
 
Posts: 15,744
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

Previous

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Back to top