Register

Samuel Sanchez positive for growth hormone

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

20 Aug 2017 10:44

Benotti69 wrote:
Frankschleck wrote:If you would have asked me before this positive test, which of the big riders, might not be doping, I would have said sanchez, as he seemed to decline with age, and was very likeable. This shows that the top guys are loaded, and things are not getting better in cycling. Very sad for the sport, that a top rider tests positive.

Likable dopes as much as unlikable.

Everyone is loaded.

Indurain Principle in action. People don't want to believe the nice guys dope too.
User avatar Saint Unix

Re: Samuel Sanchez positive for growth hormone

20 Aug 2017 12:20

UKPostal wrote:
noddy69 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/nicholas-roche-i-was-disgusted-to-hear-my-teammate-sanchez-failed-a-drugs-test-36047698.html

Is it possible that after all these years Nico doesn't actually know what's going on . Is he really that slow.
He actually has the balls to finish with a line which would lead you to believe pro cyclists in general are the victims :lol:

It's a sad day for the team and it's sad for the sport. Once again, we're the ones left answering the questions to the media.

Roche must have been pissing himself writing that tripe.

The team bus pep talk would've been make sure you don't get caught as well.... rather than shock.

The guy is a serious moron. His own father was doped to the eyebrows, and he has the balls to come out with this ****! He rode with Contador, Wiggins, Froome, and somehow he's disgusted with what Samu did!!!
User avatar Blanco

20 Aug 2017 12:36

Don't forget Kreuziger, Nicki Sørensen, Bertagnolli, Cristian Moreni, O'Grady, Caucchioli, Fofonov, Valjavec, Mondory, Sylvain Georges, Ventoso, Houanard and Mick freaking Rogers.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

20 Aug 2017 13:13

How many of the riders mentioned tested positive in the buildup to a race that Roche was also riding on the same team?
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

20 Aug 2017 14:00

Just read Marc Madiot's book, riders were all p*ssed after the Mondory case and none of them supported him, probably neither did Roche jr.

By the way,
The introduction of EPO - it shouldn't be forgotten - is the appearance of the wonder substance that had radically turned the genuine hierarchy of our sport upside down. The perverse use of that substance made a sh*t out of it that no longer gave any meaning to the race

Marc Madiot in "Parlons vélo", Talent sport, 2017 (increased edition)

Like so many before him, Madiot saw the introduction of EPO as a turning point and previous era could not be compared with post era. Therefore, Sanchez should never be remembered in the future. His performance are meaningless (Growth hormone makes the race as meaningless as EPO does). Not myself speaking but Marc Madiot, dual Paris-Roubaix winner.
Echoes

Re:

20 Aug 2017 16:28

roundabout wrote:How many of the riders mentioned tested positive in the buildup to a race that Roche was also riding on the same team?

Kreuziger couldn't race the 2014 TDF due to bio passport irregularities.
So pretty similar with this situation I think.
Forever The Best

Re:

20 Aug 2017 17:19

roundabout wrote:How many of the riders mentioned tested positive in the buildup to a race that Roche was also riding on the same team?

Fofonov tested positive in the 2008 Tour, that Roche was riding with him.
Kreuziger was yanked from the 2014 Tour.

And he didn't say anything about riding alongside Mick Rogers. That's Mick Rogers. MICK. ROGERS.

Mick Rogers.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

20 Aug 2017 17:22

Don't forget Mick Rogers!
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

20 Aug 2017 17:49

I think Mick Rogers deserves a mention.
kingjr

20 Aug 2017 18:08

Rogers doesn't fit the criteria roundabout suggested, hence why I didn't mention him. I didn't know about Fofonow though!
Forever The Best

20 Aug 2017 18:21

It's a pity the Icarus documentary didn't actually show how doping with EPO, HGH, testosterone and beating the tests is actually done which appeared to be the original intention of the film, rather than changing tack and going with the Russian olympics scandal or should have included both.
bigcog

20 Aug 2017 18:36

thehog wrote:@verdafjord

Per a) they didn't help develop a test but put a marker in the medicine that the tests looked for to confirm CERA use. The company informed AFLD of the maker not WADA. When the UCI took back testing no one tested postive for CERA for a long time afterwards. The AFLD caught Kohl by retroactively going back on his tests post Tour. There was a video of when the AFLD summoned Beltran for his test, the look on his face was sheer amazement that he asked to be tested. Goes to the UCI don't take testing hat seriously.

There was also a rumour circulating which Ricco confirmed that up to 60 riders tested positive for CERA but the UCI buried the results.

Monday July 27th 2009
'NEW DOPING PRODUCTS USED IN TOUR':
French Anti-Doping Agency President Pierre Bordry, revealed news this morning on the continued fight against doping in the recent Tour de France. Bordry said "We suspect certain riders had blood transfusions," The president of the AFLD has also "convinced that two new EPO products have been used during the Tour, two drugs that are not yet on the market."

The first drug HEMATIDE, another third generation of EPO to maintain hemoglobin levels, yet without CERA’s ID marker which the manafactures install to make it identifiable in testing. Still in clinical phase, the drug, whose introduction is scheduled for 2011, is already on the list of substances banned from World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

The second drug AICAR, a product that acts on muscle tissue and helps burn fat. "I was amazed at the leanness of certain riders," says Pierre Bordry. Testing for these two products could be ready by September-October. Needless to say, like CERA EPO last year, positive cases could be reported..
How many times is the marker thing going to be claimed and then disputed before people get the message - there was no marker. Repeating the same lie over and over and over again does not make it true.
User avatar fmk_RoI

21 Aug 2017 00:01

Libertine Seguros wrote:

And he didn't say anything about riding alongside Mick Rogers. That's Mick Rogers. MICK. ROGERS.

Mick Rogers.

Maybe it's a Spanish thing? Although he did ride for Contador :confused: :confused:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

21 Aug 2017 09:15

Interesting enough those peptides are available openly for purchase in my country in EU from the doctor allegedly for labs purposes but content of the web page says it all ... . I have to say that I was not aware of the fact, that such substance is illegal. Other interesting point is that they probably had to come for testing just very short period of time after the application. If I remember correctly and there was no further development it was possible to test positive for GH only if tested within few hours after application.

Regarding Samu - great rider of ending Spanish generation. I liked him, remember several great moments from his career and to be honest never doubt that he is doping as well as majority of the peloton. I pretty do not understand why someone decided to catch him just before his (probably) last race in his career where he would be just fodder nothing more.

And Nicolas Roche is hypocrite of the century :).
lartiste

Re:

21 Aug 2017 12:13

Libertine Seguros wrote:Don't forget Kreuziger, Nicki Sørensen, Bertagnolli, Cristian Moreni, O'Grady, Caucchioli, Fofonov, Valjavec, Mondory, Sylvain Georges, Ventoso, Houanard and Mick freaking Rogers.

What about Kreuziger? I've never heard of him being banned.
Kokoso

21 Aug 2017 13:06

Kokoso wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:Don't forget Kreuziger, Nicki Sørensen, Bertagnolli, Cristian Moreni, O'Grady, Caucchioli, Fofonov, Valjavec, Mondory, Sylvain Georges, Ventoso, Houanard and Mick freaking Rogers.

What about Kreuziger? I've never heard of him being banned.

Roman KREUZIGER tested positive through his biological passport in 2011-2012. He was provisionally suspended by the UCI in August 2014 but subsequently cleared by the Czech Olympic Committee in September 2014. UCI and AMA filed an appeal against this decision with the TAS, but dropped the case in June 2015.

Banner for 1 month if you want so.
ppanther92

21 Aug 2017 15:23

So the winner of the 2008 Olympics was doping. Wasn't that one of the years where jv declared there was no more doping in cycling
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

Re:

21 Aug 2017 16:35

The Hitch wrote:So the winner of the 2008 Olympics was doping. Wasn't that one of the years where jv declared there was no more doping in cycling

Lot of snakeoil sold that year.

Remember his famous line, that the new generation were too cool to dope!

:lol:
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

21 Aug 2017 21:33

Libertine Seguros wrote:

Mick Rogers.

Would just like to point out that Roche did not ride the 2008 Tour as suggested. He made his Tour debut with AG2R the following year. Bad enough that the usual idiots post non facts as facts, without one of the best posters doing the same.

When did Roche start writing his column in the Irish Independent and how many peope here actually read it on a regular basis? I know I dont and I highly doubt many others on here do so either, yet everyone seems to know every single word Roche has ever put to paper. I know Kimmage had a massive dig at Roche a few years back for not calling out people so I guess he must be happy with Roche now.
pmcg76

Re:

21 Aug 2017 21:43

The Hitch wrote:So the winner of the 2008 Olympics was doping. Wasn't that one of the years where jv declared there was no more doping in cycling

This comment was already redundant due to Davide Rebellin or did you forget.

I think its fair to say that anyone who takes throwaway comments from JV as fact are certifiable idiots, the way that line keeps getting repeated here just goes to show just how many idiots are actually here.
pmcg76

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic