Log in:  

Register

Astana?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Astana?

23 Aug 2017 21:53

I've searched back, and I can't find an Astana thread for months.

So, chubby Lutsenko wins a tough Vuelta stage. There's hope for me, yet. Flight to Kasakhstan, anyone?

Image
User avatar doolols
Member
 
Posts: 525
Joined: 23 Dec 2011 14:34

23 Aug 2017 21:56

According to Wikipedia, 1kg lighter than Froome :lol: :lol:
User avatar doolols
Member
 
Posts: 525
Joined: 23 Dec 2011 14:34

23 Aug 2017 22:08

You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.
User avatar markene2
Member
 
Posts: 1,597
Joined: 07 Jan 2010 20:34

Re:

23 Aug 2017 22:25

markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

That's not saying much :D . But yes, he's super talented.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,982
Joined: 17 May 2013 18:59

23 Aug 2017 22:51

Doped to the gills. But aren't they all?

(Come on, have a sense of humor about this.)
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,024
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re:

24 Aug 2017 00:54

Tricycle Rider wrote:Doped to the gills. But aren't they all?

(Come on, have a sense of humor about this.)



They were doped with Landa but he went to Sky and realized he could climb faster clean with a deadpan look on his face. Astana saw the light and cleaned up.
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 21,466
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

10 Sep 2017 16:38

Remember at the olympics, where the whole leading group almost were astana riders. Astana are one of the most sucpisous teams out there. Also remember 2014 were they had all those doping problems ( iglinsky)
Frankschleck
Member
 
Posts: 568
Joined: 17 Jul 2016 20:10

Re:

10 Sep 2017 20:19

markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages
noddy69
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: 04 Oct 2011 07:37

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 20:59

noddy69 wrote:
markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages



On UCI 'dark but not black' list :lol:


Kazakistan not going to generate much dollar for UCI either!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,456
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 21:53

noddy69 wrote:
markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,523
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

11 Sep 2017 14:59

Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.
DanielSong39
Member
 
Posts: 1,007
Joined: 15 Jul 2016 13:03

Re:

11 Sep 2017 15:23

DanielSong39 wrote:Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.


Or have UCI clipped their wings.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,456
Joined: 26 May 2010 09:09

11 Sep 2017 15:43

Lutsenko lost a stage to Sander Armee.
what
Breh
Member
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Jun 2015 14:57

Re: Re:

11 Sep 2017 16:05

Libertine Seguros wrote:
noddy69 wrote:
markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.


You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,096
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

11 Sep 2017 17:12

I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?
proffate
Member
 
Posts: 418
Joined: 10 Jul 2012 01:35

11 Sep 2017 20:35

'Lutsenko has always been talented, even in the youth ranks. Alot of other riders more suscpious than him
Frankschleck
Member
 
Posts: 568
Joined: 17 Jul 2016 20:10

Re: Re:

12 Sep 2017 00:34

roundabout wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:
noddy69 wrote:
markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.


You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.


No possibility he lost the time in order to go in the break?
User avatar TMP402
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,368
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 12:36

Re:

12 Sep 2017 15:58

DanielSong39 wrote:Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.

Cannot see how BMC is left behind. The best team in one week races this year and pissibly in classics.
MightyWheelSucker
New Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:57

Re: Astana?

16 Apr 2018 13:13

Astana with 5 men on the 1st group. goes 1-2 in the stage. yesterday winning with VAlgren too. Vino has sent a few letters this early season it seems. ;)
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,300
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

16 Apr 2018 13:24

Man, Finestre will be so awesome this year; '15 was nothing, I tell y'a.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Next

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Boonen and 18 guests

Back to top