Register

Astana?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Astana?

23 Aug 2017 21:53

I've searched back, and I can't find an Astana thread for months.

So, chubby Lutsenko wins a tough Vuelta stage. There's hope for me, yet. Flight to Kasakhstan, anyone?

User avatar doolols

23 Aug 2017 21:56

According to Wikipedia, 1kg lighter than Froome :lol: :lol:
User avatar doolols

23 Aug 2017 22:08

You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.
User avatar markene2

Re:

23 Aug 2017 22:25

markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

That's not saying much :D . But yes, he's super talented.
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

23 Aug 2017 22:51

Doped to the gills. But aren't they all?

(Come on, have a sense of humor about this.)
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re:

24 Aug 2017 00:54

Tricycle Rider wrote:Doped to the gills. But aren't they all?

(Come on, have a sense of humor about this.)

They were doped with Landa but he went to Sky and realized he could climb faster clean with a deadpan look on his face. Astana saw the light and cleaned up.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

10 Sep 2017 16:38

Remember at the olympics, where the whole leading group almost were astana riders. Astana are one of the most sucpisous teams out there. Also remember 2014 were they had all those doping problems ( iglinsky)
Frankschleck

Re:

10 Sep 2017 20:19

markene2 wrote:You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages
noddy69

Re: Re:

10 Sep 2017 20:59

noddy69 wrote:

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

On UCI 'dark but not black' list :lol:

Kazakistan not going to generate much dollar for UCI either!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

10 Sep 2017 21:53

noddy69 wrote:

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

11 Sep 2017 14:59

Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.
DanielSong39

Re:

11 Sep 2017 15:23

DanielSong39 wrote:Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.

Or have UCI clipped their wings.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

11 Sep 2017 15:43

Lutsenko lost a stage to Sander Armee.
what
Breh

11 Sep 2017 16:05

Libertine Seguros wrote:
noddy69 wrote:

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.

You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

11 Sep 2017 17:12

I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?
proffate

11 Sep 2017 20:35

'Lutsenko has always been talented, even in the youth ranks. Alot of other riders more suscpious than him
Frankschleck

12 Sep 2017 00:34

roundabout wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:
noddy69 wrote:

You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.

No possibility he lost the time in order to go in the break?
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

Re:

12 Sep 2017 15:58

DanielSong39 wrote:Astana, like Movistar and BMC, appears to have been left behind by modern methods.

Cannot see how BMC is left behind. The best team in one week races this year and pissibly in classics.
MightyWheelSucker

Return to The Clinic