Register

Astana?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

16 Apr 2018 13:34

I don't care if they juice the **** up if we see a Astana-Froome showdown like in 2015 with Alberto. Preferably with Sky being as week as Tinkoff!
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 15:31

If the Astana guys are racing for their careers, it could be some crazy racing in the Giro.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

16 Apr 2018 21:30

Valv.Piti wrote:I don't care if they juice the **** up if we see a Astana-Froome showdown like in 2015 with Alberto. Preferably with Sky being as week as Tinkoff!

No money for juice. It's amazing what pan y agua plus the usual Vino motivation can do.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re: Re:

17 Apr 2018 08:22

Rollthedice wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:I don't care if they juice the **** up if we see a Astana-Froome showdown like in 2015 with Alberto. Preferably with Sky being as week as Tinkoff!

No money for juice. It's amazing what pan y agua plus the usual Vino motivation can do.

pan agua y vino - the holy trinity.
Brian Butterfield

Re: Astana?

17 Apr 2018 13:34

3 wins in a row. thank god Sky is not doing that. the servers wouldnt cope with that :D
pastronef

18 Apr 2018 05:27

pastronef wrote:3 wins in a row. thank god Sky is not doing that. the servers wouldnt cope with that :D

If Astana are going to go down in flames, then sit back and enjoy the show. :D

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

18 Apr 2018 07:59

Robert5091 wrote:
pastronef wrote:3 wins in a row. thank god Sky is not doing that. the servers wouldnt cope with that :D

I dont even want them to go down. I wouldnt enjoy. I am not wishing stuff like that to any team.
that´s why I am baffled when people wish teams to go down in flames.
pastronef

19 Apr 2018 17:19

pastronef wrote:
Robert5091 wrote:

I dont even want them to go down. I wouldnt enjoy. I am not wishing stuff like that to any team.
that´s why I am baffled when people wish teams to go down in flames.

I think Astana has serious money problems and it's most probable they will discontinue next year. There's a very high probability of them going down no matter what. I don't think anyone here is wishing any team to go down. It seems Vino still has some leftovers in his basement as Astana boys are giving QuickStep run for their money. Lulu Sanchez just snatched a nice win in Trentino/Tirol/Alps/whatever.
railxmig

28 Apr 2018 06:27

Nobody wishes teams to go down in flames (ok fanboys might do) but the thought of not having a contract probably is concentrating the mind more then usual at Astana.

User avatar Robert5091

04 May 2018 18:49

ToB today:

"The first uphill finish [1.8km at 8%] in the history of the race has been won by a sprinter"
Wiggo's Package

04 May 2018 19:23

Cort is undoubtedly climbing better at Astana but his sprinting is no better.
yaco

04 May 2018 23:02

railxmig wrote:
I think Astana has serious money problems and it's most probable they will discontinue next year. There's a very high probability of them going down no matter what. I don't think anyone here is wishing any team to go down. It seems Vino still has some leftovers in his basement as Astana boys are giving QuickStep run for their money. Lulu Sanchez just snatched a nice win in Trentino/Tirol/Alps/whatever.

Astana wont fold
User avatar markene2

Re:

06 May 2018 10:25

Wiggo's Package wrote:ToB today:

"The first uphill finish [1.8km at 8%] in the history of the race has been won by a sprinter"

First of all, calling Cort a sprinter shows a lack of insight, coupled with the fact that Cort's force has always been slightly uphill sprints in terrain where most pure sprinters have given up.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-of-denmark/2013/stage-4
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-of-denmark/2016/stage-2
"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same. They never got off my wheel." - Fabian Cancellara after Paris-Roubaix 2011.
User avatar Cance > TheRest

Re:

09 May 2018 18:28

proffate wrote:I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?

Whatever PEDs are in vogue right now includes something that causes weight loss and no decline in power. It's been this way for years.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

09 May 2018 18:41

DirtyWorks wrote:
proffate wrote:I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?

Whatever PEDs are in vogue right now includes something that causes weight loss and no decline in power. It's been this way for years.

Cadel Evans said exactly this I think in 2012 or 2013. What happened in 2012? It seems to me that other teams have caught up in the arms race.
Cookster15

09 May 2018 19:39

DirtyWorks wrote:

Compound 14

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/11/06/a-pill-to-make-exercise-obsolete
MikeS369

10 May 2018 13:37

So. Lopez. Come on guys, what's he on that's slowing him down so much?
User avatar fmk_RoI

10 May 2018 13:48

fmk_RoI wrote:So. Lopez. Come on guys, what's he on that's slowing him down so much?

The pavement, and grass. It's difficult to ride your fastest when you can barely stay on your bike.
ngent41

10 May 2018 14:37

Yeah, let's revisit this thread in ~45 minutes
burning

10 May 2018 23:25

DirtyWorks wrote:

Nutritional ketosis has a protein-sparing effect and burns fats. No need for PEDs.
orbifold
Newly Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic