Register

Linas Rumsas

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

03 Oct 2017 16:15

yaco wrote:GAA is one of the worst sporting organisations in the world who make obscene profits from making their players amateur
Oh come on, pease. At some stage this site has got to have some standards with regard to the provability of accusations. The GAA has revenue of about €100 million. How the flying **** is that considered obscene in this second decade of the twenty-first century? Seriously, how? That's just putting the bollix into hyperbolics.
User avatar fmk_RoI

03 Oct 2017 16:20

fmk_RoI wrote:
yaco wrote:GAA is one of the worst sporting organisations in the world who make obscene profits from making their players amateur
Oh come on, pease. At some stage this site has got to have some standards with regard to the provability of accusations. The GAA has revenue of about €100 million. How the flying **** is that considered obscene in this second decade of the twenty-first century? Seriously, how? That's just putting the bollix into hyperbolics.

The GAA for some unknown reason wants to stay an amateur sport that refuses to pay their athletes - It's no wonder that some gaelic players choose to move overseas to play other gaelic codes - By the way, Gaelic Football is a great sport !
yaco

03 Oct 2017 16:23

yaco wrote:By the way, Gaelic Football is a great sport !
Back the bus up. You have said that the GAA is "one of the worst sporting organisations in the world who make obscene profits from making their players amateur". You didn't just say the GAA was obscene for its shamateurism, you ranked it as "one of the worst". Come on, just once, back your words up...
User avatar fmk_RoI

03 Oct 2017 18:41

yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
hrotha wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Bye Bye Bicycle wrote:This is beyond incredible. What a **** family.

No different than lots of cycling families. The Merkcx's, Mosers', Wiggins, etc etc.....

When the same people keep tripping up the wire, they're either egregiously unlucky, or they're overdoing it. The latter sounds way more plausible.

Rumsas wife tripped the wire, becuase of border controls. Not UCI or an ADA. After Rumsas decided to play hardball he was always going to be a target by UCI and ADAs.

But again i dont see any difference between most cycling families that allow their children to compete knowing what they as parents know.

Kimmage would not let his children race on bikes. He encouraged them to join the GAA.

And you think the GAA is a paragon of virtue - Think there is no doping in the GAA ? - GAA is one of the worst sporting organisations in the world who make obscene profits from making their players amateur - And Kimmage sold his soul when he was interned within a cycling team in the 00's.

Where do i call the GAA a pargon of virtue?

Where do i claim the GAA is doping free?

What evidence have you that the GAA is worse than FIFA, IOC, UCI etc etc?

If Kimmage sold his soul then the others(Fotheringhams, Moores, Walsh etc) never had one to sell!

Stop trolling!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

03 Oct 2017 21:13

bigcog

04 Oct 2017 16:06

I dont rate Kimmage and in fact don't rate Walsh, while Moore is inoffensive and Fotheringham is best suited to writing books - Enjoy reading Barry Ryan while my favorite cycling journalist is Shane Stokes. Once you embed yourself in a pro team for a period of time, means you are no better than the others - It's a strange world when you accuse someone of trolling becauuse others have a different opinion of KImmage.

My reference to the GAA was one you used in your last post describing how Kimmage pushed his children towards Gaelic footy - I suggest if he was fair dinkum then he should have forbidden them from playing any sport.
yaco

Re:

24 Jan 2018 17:31

User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

26 Jan 2018 17:30

GAA is no NCAA i'll put it that way.

As for Rumsas a real strange case had be 4yrs
This weeks blog covers Israel Cycling, women's cycling welfare, and I try not get started on World Tour field size. http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/letstalkcycling-muses/ :D
User avatar manafana

28 Jan 2018 04:40

Stupidity is genetic it seems.
movingtarget
Veteran

08 Feb 2018 09:23

Follow up doping raid
reported in today's Gazzetta Doping among amateurs: arrested managers in Lucca
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/08-02-2018/uso-doping-dilettanti-arrestati-dirigenti-lucca-250133529031.shtml

08 February 2018 - Milan
A series of arrests for doping against the leaders of one of the biggest amateur teams of Italian cycling [Not yet named] have been carried out by the police. Among those arrested are the owner of the team, the former sports director and a pharmacist who supplied the cyclists with drugs prohibited by the doping legislation in the absence of a prescription.
The men of the Lucca flying-squad and those of the Central Operations Service conducted the investigation. The team president is suspected to have encouraged young athletes to use micro-doses of Epo, growth hormone and opiate-based painkillers.

The investigation was instigated by the death of Linas Rumsas - Further details on the operation will be provided during the press conference to be held at the police station in Lucca at 11 today.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

08 Feb 2018 23:10

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/six-charged-in-connection-with-linas-rumsas-death-investigation/
Linas Rumsas died of a heart attack on May 2, 2017.

"Since the young man, in the weeks leading up to his death, had obtained excellent placings in particularly tough races, far superior to those obtained in the past, the suspicion immediately arose that the sudden death was due to the use or abuse of unauthorized drugs," police said, according to AFP.

The family had a history of run-ins with authorities for doping. Raimondas Rumsas' wife Edita was detained in 2002 after police found her with a camper van carrying loads of banned drugs after he finished third in the Tour de France. In 2003, he tested positive for EPO at the Giro d'Italia and served a one-year ban. In 2006, they received a suspended four-month sentence for importing prohibited drugs.

After the death of Linas Rumsas, the authorities searched the family's home. In September 2017, Raimondas Rumsas' older son Raimondas Junior tested positive for GHRP-6 and was banned for four years.

The police said the investigation uncovered a "real partnership aimed at facilitating doping practices," and that the team owner Franceschi "recruited the most promising cyclists, motivated them to take drugs and procured doping substances for them, including EPO in microdoses."

After the death of Linas Rumsas, the doping allegedly continued but was moved to the home of Francheschi's parents, who allowed riders to store and use EPO, opioid painkillers and other drugs.

In addition to the six who remain under house arrest, 17 more people are being investigated in connection with the doping scheme.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Previous

Return to The Clinic