Register

Lappartient is worse for cycling than Cookson?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

14 Nov 2017 22:48

pastronef wrote:
I dont know if you read what he said.

he said "former dopers have no place in sport"

that means Vino, Lulu, Basso and Contador with their new team, Zakarin, Madiot, and so on have no place in the sport.

strange for you to like what he says

Don't forget Roger Legeay, head of the MPCC

Remember, this is a man who put Laurent Jalebert in charge of the French team
Parker

15 Nov 2017 02:46

pastronef wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I'm starting to really like him - his plans sound promising. He has the right ideas.
Rasmussen and Vaughters opposing him only makes him more likeable!

that means Vino, Lulu, Basso and Contador with their new team, Zakarin, Madiot, and so on have no place in the sport.

Oh man!
He has a tough task ahead of him!
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

15 Nov 2017 04:39

Craigee wrote:
yaco wrote:Lappartient seems to be 'all over the place' with his public comments - Let's hope he focuses on one or two core issues, as opposed to any scattergun approach.

Or he might fix many things rather than one or two?

Or possibly he should focus on issues of most importance - Cookson was criticised for not opening his mouth, while Lappartient seems to be the opposite.
yaco

15 Nov 2017 08:14

didn't he install Jalabert as French national couch when he was the president of FRA cycling (or whatever it's called)? :rolleyes:
Last edited by glassmoon on 15 Nov 2017 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
glassmoon

15 Nov 2017 09:21

Very stupid comment by Lappartient.
User avatar Alexandre B.

15 Nov 2017 11:08

Parker wrote:Don't forget Roger Legeay, head of the MPCC

Remember, this is a man who put Laurent Jalebert in charge of the French team

In 2009.

2013 Retroactive test busted Jalabert

What's the problem with Legeay?
Echoes

15 Nov 2017 11:12

Echoes wrote:What's the problem with Legeay?
Busted in 74 or so. Paris-Nice, IIRC. Bennies.
User avatar fmk_RoI

15 Nov 2017 14:40

As none of us have seen the Luxemburger Wort interview, just that tiny portion of it reported by Ekstra Bladet and repeated by others, a degree of caution could be advised here. We have, for instance, seen how a question about the possibility of six man teams one day in the future has been reported as Lappartient calling for six man teams.

However, I do wonder what he means by a former doper. I mean, clearly, judging him by his actions, some former dopers are still welcome in the sport. There's a former doper like Cyrille Guimard, who is clearly welcome in cycling:Image
And there's a former doper like Laurent Jalabert who is clearly welcome in cycling:Image
And there's a former doper like Alexander Vinokourov who is clearly welcome in cycling:Image

But what have we got for guidance on who is not welcome? Well, obviously, we have the rule Pat McQuaid introduced in 2011 or so, banning anyone busted after that date and handed a two year ban. The rules say they're not welcome in the sport. But what of people who doped before 2011? He says Bjarne Riis would not be welcomed back. But who else?

His puppet masters in ASO have, it should be noted, a similarly confused notion as to who rates as a former doper. Eddy Merckx (busted multiple times), Bernard Thévenet (busted and confessed), Joop Zoetemelk (busted too many times to count) have all been welcomed and celebrated by ASO at recent Tours. Bjarne Riis we know ASO have a thing against, giving him an asterisk in their guide historique but not giving the same accolade to Thévenet. And Jan Ullrich fell foul of someone this year, either in ASO or the Tour in Germany local organising committee. And Lance Armstrong ... well, what's there to say about LA?

What we seem to have is a generational thing. Gen EPO are the fall guys for everything. Maybe the others kept a lid on it enough but Gen EPO gave us the Festina affaire and subsequent controversies.

What would be nice would be someone somehow getting the UCI to clarify just who is and who is not a former doper. Maybe they could produce a list. These people, no selfies with Lappartient, these people selfies.
User avatar fmk_RoI

15 Nov 2017 15:57

pastronef wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I'm starting to really like him - his plans sound promising. He has the right ideas.

Yes and for cycling that may be what's necessary
Mind you that statement is the one I like least.
Besides the obvious also because a caught doper is not worse than one that has not been caught in my view.
He is miles better than that fraud Crookson anyway.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

15 Nov 2017 16:01

LaFlorecita wrote:
pastronef wrote:

Yes and for cycling that may be what's necessary
Mind you that statement is the one I like least.
Besides the obvious also because a caught doper is not worse than one that has not been caught in my view.
He is miles better than that fraud Crookson anyway.

I knew. I understand. and wtf, I´d ask myself who will be left racing ;)

if he wants to be better thank Cookson he should begin stopping getting photos with Vino and co.
one has to begin somewhere.
arrete les photos David!
Last edited by pastronef on 15 Nov 2017 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
pastronef

15 Nov 2017 16:04

pastronef wrote:I dont know if you read what he said.

that means [...] Madiot, and so on have no place in the sport.

When did Madiot dope on official races? Do you have evidence for that?
Echoes

Yesterday 12:50

Echoes wrote:

What an odd sound of silence in response...

AFAIK Madiot only ever fessed up to shooting up for the odd critérium, specifically said he never doped in real races.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Yesterday 20:09

fmk_RoI wrote:
Echoes wrote:

What an odd sound of silence in response...

AFAIK Madiot only ever fessed up to shooting up for the odd critérium, specifically said he never doped in real races.

And we of course all believe him :lol: Just like Zabel doped only once in his career, or Froome is a champion of clean cycling :rolleyes: He probably just wanted to see what it's like to be doped, at that criteriums :D
User avatar Blanco

Previous

Return to The Clinic