Register

Lappartient is worse for cycling than Cookson?

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

14 Dec 2017 01:01

fmk_RoI wrote:
heart_attack_man wrote:Is there any degree of coincidence that Sky were informed on or around the day of the election of Lappartient of the AAF of Froome? Perhaps he was hard at work straight away... :-)
Yeah, calling up Dr Who to whisk him back him time to the Vuelta to carry out the test...

You clearly still don't get that there's a world of difference between a failed test, and the reporting of said failure. :rolleyes:
heart_attack_man

14 Dec 2017 01:03

fmk_RoI wrote:
AICA ribonucleotide wrote:
fmk_RoI wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:UCI didn't went easy on Contador, so I hope the same happens here.
Which is why it took a German TV station to reveal the fact that he'd popped a positive in the first place...

Why did this one only leak out to the Guardian and Le Monde?
Because of WADA rules...

When has this mattered to the UCI before? :rolleyes:
heart_attack_man

14 Dec 2017 04:21

TourOfSardinia wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:This man is quickly becoming the best UCI president ever. Now he just needs a conviction. UCI didn't went easy on Contador, so I hope the same happens here.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/13/chris-froome-team-sky-reputation-abnormal-drug-test
“There are rules of conduct,” Lappartient said. “I’m not here to break our rules. It’s not for me to interfere with this case. The procedure is secret, under discussion, and I don’t have any information on it. I do not even know in what stage [of the Vuelta] the sample was taken. I was just informed of an irregular test [result] but I don’t know whether [the taking of salbutamol] was justified or not.”

While I understand Lappartient's initial reaction, the fact is that he "inherited the Froome + and SKY coverup" done by Cookson, whose re-election was meant to secure the entire matter would never ever see the daylight, but since he lost, the whole of the dirty business of Froome & SKY got exposed & derailed.

I also tend to believe the so called "secret procedure" has to do entirely between ASO & SKY "partnership" trying very hard to dilute the scandal to the minimum, so when the time comes for CAS, WADA & UCI to set sanctions, it'd be blamed on some made up pseudo science meant to cause the minimum harm to their names altogether....

As some folk already mentioned - this is Lappartient's defining test to prove his stand on dopers/cheaters-specially the ones at the highest ranks
User avatar hfer07
Veteran

20 Dec 2017 14:42

User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Re:

20 Dec 2017 14:58

The investigation started when? Last summer. So...him?
User avatar fmk_RoI

20 Dec 2017 17:09

fmk_RoI wrote:
The investigation started when? Last summer. So...him?

It is the French
User avatar veganrob

Re:

20 Dec 2017 17:55

The source is the French equivalent of Private Eye i.e. Satirical magazine.
buckle

20 Dec 2017 18:00

This the police, nobody moves. Keep your motors where I can see them. Only way to catch them.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

20 Dec 2017 23:14

buckle wrote:

Not really, while le canard is indeed a satirical magazine, they are also doing investigative journalism quite well and have revealed a lot of dirty business over the year, the last in date was the Fillon scandal which all but ended the Fillon candidacy to the presidency this year, check their history and how they operate, they are far more than "just" a satirical magazine.
ColonelKidneyBeans

21 Dec 2017 08:22

ColonelKidneyBeans wrote:
buckle wrote:

Not really, while le canard is indeed a satirical magazine, they are also doing investigative journalism quite well and have revealed a lot of dirty business over the year, the last in date was the Fillon scandal which all but ended the Fillon candidacy to the presidency this year, check their history and how they operate, they are far more than "just" a satirical magazine.

OK but just making the point that Le CE ridicules the establishment.The absurdity which is the TdF is part of the establishment circus and the chance to use words like extra terrestrial when writing of it will not be missed ...
buckle

21 Dec 2017 08:29

A satirical magazine busts motor doping? Yeah, there's some sort of fitting outcome there.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

21 Dec 2017 09:13

Canard

Si ça ressemble à un canard,
si ça nage comme un canard et
si ça cancane comme un canard,
c'est qu'il s'agit sans doute d'un motor.

If it looks like a duck,
swims like a duck, and
quacks like a duck,
then it probably is a motor

gratuitous Disney reference
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

21 Dec 2017 09:39

buckle wrote:

Uh, Private Eye - and Le Canard enchaîné - it's also hard news. Private Eye was one of those reporting the Panama papers. Thinking it is 'just' satire is like the Facebook algorithm that decided it was fake news.
Last edited by fmk_RoI on 21 Dec 2017 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar fmk_RoI

21 Dec 2017 09:43

buckle wrote:
ColonelKidneyBeans wrote:OK but just making the point that Le CE ridicules the establishment.The absurdity which is the TdF is part of the establishment circus and the chance to use words like extra terrestrial when writing of it will not be missed ...
Wasn't it Le Monde that used extraterrestrial to describe Lance Armstrong? Can you get more 'establishment' than Le Monde?

Frankly, this sort is good news for the Tour, good news for ASO, because now fans and sponsors can thing something is being done, les flics are on the case and it was les flics that gave us Festina. Even if nothing comes of it - and judicial enquiries like this are launched like Chinese lanterns - it will still have served its purpose of renewing confidence.
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re: Lappartient is worse for cycling than Cookson?

22 Dec 2017 01:23

Now we'll see.

The UK may throw the Frog card. It will be interesting.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

22 Dec 2017 02:31

Tonton wrote:Now we'll see.

Must be coming soon..... the French are jealous. They are trying to make Bardet win the Tour by suspending the greatest GT rider of all time, in Froome.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

22 Dec 2017 03:31

thehog wrote:

Must be coming soon..... the French are jealous. They are trying to make Bardet win the Tour by suspending the greatest GT rider of all time, in Froome.

I knew it! Sam Hocking and The Hog are the same person.
Huapango

22 Dec 2017 07:56

thehog wrote:

No more Entente Cordiale, it'll be Henry V all over again. :D
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

22 Dec 2017 12:59

Posted this in Froome thread, but probably better here. Just my conspiracy after some xmas brandy :)

7th Sept - Froome provides A & B Urine sample after stage 18 Vuelta
21st Sept - A Sample AAF comes back and known by Froome & Cookson/UCI/Lappartient.
22nd Sept - Lappartient voted to replace Cookson.

Froome then asks for B sample to be analysed.

On some day between 21st Sept and 12th Dec Froome's B sample result is known by Lappartient/UCI, despite Lapartient claiming to the media that he doesn't receive any notifications of AAFs. McQuaid seems to think Cookson would have known about the A sample AAF of Froome though? Obviously Lappartient needs to separate himself from the leak maybe by saying he doesn't get WADA's AAF notifications?

Looking at dates, coincidence, i'd say Lappartient used knowledge of Froome's AAF under Cookson as a political tool to switch delegates vote therefore guaranteeing himself victory. It never made sense Cookson 24 hours before the election saying delegates were telling him they had his vote, yet the next day he had almost none? There could be other reasons, but an AAF falling into Lappartient's lap on the eve of his UCI election race, I simply can't believe he would have not used to his advantage to some extent with delegates of nations keen to topple British Cycling's success. I hope i'm wrong.
samhocking

Re:

22 Dec 2017 13:30

samhocking wrote:Posted this in Froome thread, but probably better here. Just my conspiracy after some xmas brandy :)

7th Sept - Froome provides A & B Urine sample after stage 18 Vuelta
21st Sept - A Sample AAF comes back and known by Froome & Cookson/UCI/Lappartient.
22nd Sept - Lappartient voted to replace Cookson.

Froome then asks for B sample to be analysed.

On some day between 21st Sept and 12th Dec Froome's B sample result is known by Lappartient/UCI, despite Lapartient claiming to the media that he doesn't receive any notifications of AAFs. McQuaid seems to think Cookson would have known about the A sample AAF of Froome though? Obviously Lappartient needs to separate himself from the leak maybe by saying he doesn't get WADA's AAF notifications?

Looking at dates, coincidence, i'd say Lappartient used knowledge of Froome's AAF under Cookson as a political tool to switch delegates vote therefore guaranteeing himself victory. It never made sense Cookson 24 hours before the election saying delegates were telling him they had his vote, yet the next day he had almost none? There could be other reasons, but an AAF falling into Lappartient's lap on the eve of his UCI election race, I simply can't believe he would have not used to his advantage to some extent with delegates of nations keen to topple British Cycling's success. I hope i'm wrong.

Would Lappartient have been informed of the initial AAF?
TheSpud

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic