Register

Palmares authenticity of Lience Dopestrong

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Palmares authenticity of Lience Dopestrong

11 Jan 2018 09:25

"I was talking about doping in the mid 90's" ~ LA

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Pioneering pickups in the pre-sales period reflected Lience's professional biking skills and abilities.
virgilioroland
Newly Registered Member

Re: Palmares authenticity of Lience Dopestrong

11 Jan 2018 21:26

virgilioroland wrote:"I was talking about doping in the mid 90's" ~ LA

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Pioneering pickups in the pre-sales period reflected Lience's professional biking skills and abilities.

Yep."Pre" doping, Wonderboy didn't even finish in the top 20 in any Tour prior to his "sudden", 7 wins in a row, IIRC.

I *think* his best tour finish was 24th? Then "suddenly" he somehow rattles off 7 wins in a row, and his sheeple, and MANY cycling fans, conveniently set it all aside and believe every word out of his mouth.

The guy was/is a snake oil salesman, who was able to dupe folks into believing he was "cleans", and "all I did swas ride my bike for 6 hours a day, honest", and folks ate it up.
User avatar 86TDFWinner

11 Jan 2018 22:48

He was already on a full program pre-cancer. Told doctors about steroid and growth hormone use in the hospital. Anyway, after cancer he was just more reckless. Probably tought he is somehow immune and has nothing to lose, which led to an impressive comeback at 1998 Vuelta. After that the dynamic started. The US market is big, Lance was a marketable guy and the UCI needed a hero after Festina.
ppanther92

11 Jan 2018 23:30

86TDFWinner wrote:
virgilioroland wrote:"I was talking about doping in the mid 90's" ~ LA

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Yep."Pre" doping, Wonderboy didn't even finish in the top 20 in any Tour prior to his "sudden", 7 wins in a row, IIRC.

I *think* his best tour finish was 24th? Then "suddenly" he somehow rattles off 7 wins in a row, and his sheeple, and MANY cycling fans, conveniently set it all aside and believe every word out of his mouth.

The guy was/is a snake oil salesman, who was able to dupe folks into believing he was "cleans", and "all I did swas ride my bike for 6 hours a day, honest", and folks ate it up.

He just lost the weight (via cancer)
He has crazy adaptive physiology (which cancer used to transform him)
Most transparent team ever (comeback: hire/fire Don Catlin)
Marginal gains (too many...)
Super CLEAN (actual quote: "Hard work, sacrifice and focus will never show up in tests")
Salbutamol??? Nah... I'm cleared to take that (Cortisone? Here's my back-dated TUE)

This is too easy. It's the same damn script. Anyways, to be on topic, Armstrong deserves no benefit of the doubt and all his winnings aren't just suspect, but are moldering in the compost of cycling history.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

12 Jan 2018 04:36

Probably on the stuff since the teenage triathlete years when he was beating senior riders. He was also known for his aggressive behavior, probably roid rage. Add to that the ambition and away you go.
movingtarget
Veteran

12 Jan 2018 05:10

MODS: There is no way that this thread and its intended scope will provide meaningful discussion not already covered in the “Armstrong: Post Confession” thread. Please ... do the right thing.
Alpe73

12 Jan 2018 11:24

Rasmussen seems to think he would have won anyway:

http://www.offtheball.com/Other%20Sports/michael-rasmussen-interview

He's very pragmatic about it all.
bigcog

Re:

13 Jan 2018 17:49

bigcog wrote:Rasmussen seems to think he would have won anyway:

http://www.offtheball.com/Other%20Sports/michael-rasmussen-interview

He's very pragmatic about it all.

He's delusional to think that way, it's been said here numerous times that Wonderboy never finished higher than 24th in a tour race? pre-doping, so how could he 'win anyways" if he couldn't even finish in the top 20 pre doping? :lol:
User avatar 86TDFWinner

13 Jan 2018 18:39

MODS: There is no way that this thread and its intended scope will provide meaningful discussion not already covered in the “Armstrong: Post Confession” thread. Please ... do the right thing.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 Jan 2018 18:43

As previously mentioned. There's already to discuss this kind of matter.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19751&start=14460

Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Return to The Clinic