Register

Majka

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

25 Jul 2014 07:30

Benotti69 wrote:you are smarter than that hrotha.

Speeding is still breaking the law.

Where did i talk about the sanctions?

I did compare 2 guys cheating using vehicles. One wins the KOM the other has gone home and team has been relegated from 2nd position in team cars.

Give us some details on what Rojas did and then we can decide if he and Majka have been punished appropriately. Did he take a tow for two seconds, 10 seconds, 10 minutes? Was he warned to stop? Did he consistently re-offend for 10s of km?
simoni

25 Jul 2014 13:05

msjett wrote:I like Majka, but if he gets busted there will be no big surprise...Although to me he comes across as a little cheeky and bit cute (took me ages to work out he has one of those gems on his tooth), so the woman like me will probably be a bit more forgiving of his performances even if they seem a bit too good to be true.

some poster previously said majka was able to follow contador uphill before he signed a procontract with saxo, which means he was probably doping already when he got onto the passport, which in turn diminishes his chances of getting flagged by said passport (unless of course he'd decide to stop doping for whatever odd reason).
sniper
Veteran

25 Jul 2014 13:11

Mellow Velo wrote:Even so, there are some here claiming that the motorbike "got in the way".
Yet Majka can be seen changing direction, swinging in behind the bike, not the other way around.
Clearly, given the fact that he was fined and docked time, the race jury reached the same conclusion from the tv footage

On Avondetappe last night when asked directly, Majka tried to make the same claim about the motorbike getting in the way and said that he only touched it, but didn't take a pull.

So, having first cheated, he's now lied.

I honestly thought he was making fun of Froome hanging on to motorbikes ;)
User avatar thehog
Veteran

25 Jul 2014 14:27

Must confess the smile and cheeky wink did make Ricco cross my mind.......
Svetty

25 Jul 2014 15:15

Speaking of Ricco, they should give Ricco his tour stage wins back.
Almeisan

25 Jul 2014 15:19

Almeisan wrote:Speaking of Ricco, they should give Ricco his tour stage wins back.

Nah, catch Majka and take his away. Fairer. ;)
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78.

Jean Dubuffet: "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

25 Jul 2014 16:34

SafeBet wrote:It's not what he didn't do in the first week, it's what he did after that.
A rider having raced the Giro full gas comes to the Tour with no form whatsoever (too tired, by his own words) and top3s on 4 high mountain stages, often riding at comparable speed with the GC riders. When has that happened in the last 15 years?
As someone else noted, not even fully juiced Simoni could do it.
I'm not buying it.

He is 2 hours 14 minutes down on GC ! I think that puts things in perspective. Sure he did not want to ride the Tour but if he had been riding for Contador he would be even further down GC and without stage wins or the mountains jersey. So he is a showman no more or less than Sagan winking at the camera or what not. If he had ridden for GC instead, he could have been in the same situation as Porte. There was no pressure on him or Rogers after Contador crashed out. They targeted certain stages and took it easy on the others, that is a lot easier than trying not to drop time on GC every day. The guy is a top 5 GC rider not a domestique. I think if you doubt Majka you have to doubt many.
movingtarget
Veteran

25 Jul 2014 16:42

Almeisan wrote:Speaking of Ricco, they should give Ricco his tour stage wins back.

Ricco is attempting Ventoux this weekend.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

26 Jul 2014 00:55

sniper wrote:some poster previously said majka was able to follow contador uphill before he signed a procontract with saxo, which means he was probably doping already when he got onto the passport, which in turn diminishes his chances of getting flagged by said passport (unless of course he'd decide to stop doping for whatever odd reason).

mmm, you know if that is the case (which is likely) that is a pretty sad to think that outrageous performances of young cyclists won't set off the doping alarm because the passport won't throw up a red flag or that the only busts will come from testing for specifics.....and stupidity...
[font=Tahoma][/font]
msjett

Majka

26 Jul 2014 07:24

I thought his first stage win was rancid. He was in the early break, out all day, attacked for points on every Cat 1 finish, bridged from one group to another and still had the power to hold off a fast-approaching GC group on an HC climb. Not only that but he barely looked out of breath, and could even wink at the camera. He looked like a man to me who had absolutely no doubt at all that he was going to win the stage, even from the penultimate summit when he seemed to ease off and let Purito take the mountain points, like he knew he was getting the points at the end.

Then when he attacked the GC group and followed Nibali up the Hautacam I actually started laughing. I reckon Riis was in the ear-piece saying "Slow down Rafal, this is too obvious" or he would have caught Nibali.

I doubt he will get popped because these guys are too clever now, but his performances are blatantly not normal.

As an aside, I loved Rogers' face when Europcar tried to isolate him on Port de Bales. He just bridged over, twice, then led them all up the climb. Too funny...
marychain
Newly Registered Member

26 Jul 2014 07:31

marychain wrote:I thought his first stage win was rancid. He was in the early break, out all day, attacked for points on every Cat 1 finish, bridged from one group to another and still had the power to hold off a fast-approaching GC group on an HC climb. Not only that but he barely looked out of breath, and could even wink at the camera. He looked like a man to me who had absolutely no doubt at all that he was going to win the stage, even from the penultimate summit when he seemed to ease off and let Purito take the mountain points, like he knew he was getting the points at the end.

Then when he attacked the GC group and followed Nibali up the Hautacam I actually started laughing. I reckon Riis was in the ear-piece saying "Slow down Rafal, this is too obvious" or he would have caught Nibali.

I doubt he will get popped because these guys are too clever now, but his performances are blatantly not normal.

As an aside, I loved Rogers' face when Europcar tried to isolate him on Port de Bales. He just bridged over, twice, then led them all up the climb. Too funny...

He winked to the cameras during his 2nd stage win, and he looked like he was about to die when he crossed the line. His 2nd stage win was really funny though. :o
burning

02 Aug 2014 13:58

Haven't been able to post during the Tour since my computer battery died. But f*ck me. Majka is so obviously glowing. First a tough Giro and then comes back in even better form in the Tour! In Bjarne "fu*king disgrace" Riis team of all teams. Yeah, sure, he is an honest rider. :rolleyes:
User avatar Walkman

02 Aug 2014 19:18

Walkman wrote:Haven't been able to post during the Tour since my computer battery died. But f*ck me. Majka is so obviously glowing. First a tough Giro and then comes back in even better form in the Tour! In Bjarne "fu*king disgrace" Riis team of all teams. Yeah, sure, he is an honest rider.

Your comment is way off base and out of context with the facts. The Giro ended on June 1 and the TDF started on July 5 giving Majka at least 33 days of recovery and rest. Kreuziger is pulled on June 28 and Majka understandably is concerned about his form.

A smart DS like Riis is going to say to Majka that his role is to haul AC up mountains so take it easy for the first 12 days of the Tour and find your form. Here are Majka's finishes from Stage 1 - 12 with a rest day thrown in.

1 - 168
2 - 162
3 - 193
4 - 186
5 - 176
6 - 129
7 - 169
8 - 51
9 - 120
10 - 104
Rest Day
11 - 25
12 - 131

These are not the results of a guy who "...comes back in even better form in the Tour."

Stage 12 and 13 are tailor made for Majka because of his climbing skills and Contador is gone. Stage 12 - 2. Stage 13 - 1.

Absolutely normal. No drugs, no dope, no glow, an honest rider and Riis is a genius.
I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals
- Butch Cassidy
User avatar RobbieCanuck

02 Aug 2014 19:25

thehog wrote:Ricco is attempting Ventoux this weekend.

His legs said yes, his face siad ouch.
User avatar Fortyninefourteen

02 Aug 2014 20:48

User avatar roundabout
Veteran

03 Aug 2014 16:24

so what - peaking all year is normal for the teams with prepaid "freeride" license for a given year... Oleg unlucky, due to Dirtie's crash he'll have to pay for another year (2015 probably already booked)
doperhopper

07 Aug 2014 16:30

Now can sprint uphill
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

07 Aug 2014 17:02

And he beat Intxausti with a whole bike-length in the sprint! :eek:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

08 Aug 2014 02:23

Netserk wrote:And he beat Intxausti with a whole bike-length in the sprint! :eek:

So??? This guy isn't just your average doper, he is Tinkoff on a bike and has Huge money in his future.
senatorrick

08 Aug 2014 02:24

Of he doesn't win the giro next year I'll be very surprised
senatorrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic