Register

Majka

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

08 Aug 2014 16:42

He's not going to win the TT tomorrow right?
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

08 Aug 2014 16:54

SafeBet wrote:He's not going to win the TT tomorrow right?

Wearing the yellow jersey usually gives you additional power.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

08 Aug 2014 17:20

senatorrick wrote:Of he doesn't win the giro next year I'll be very surprised

He said that the TDF suits him better and it would obviously also depend on who else is in the race. Nibali has said he might ride the Giro (and vuelta) next year, maybe some dangerous Colombians too.
Futuroscope

08 Aug 2014 18:57

Rollthedice wrote:Wearing the yellow jersey usually gives you additional power.

especially when peaking all the year round, marginal SkyBorg style - now, in the Oleg's prepaid year (only to be ruined by marginal loss of one-handed Dirtie's descent)
doperhopper

08 Aug 2014 20:55

He has had extraordinary performances this year, most of them very close to one another and on very, very hard stages. This has been the most impressive breakout that I can remember in recent history...

But he has long been considered an extraordinary talent, so in a way it was not a surprise. But the magnitude of it all certainly struck me. In that sense I must admit his performances "raised an eyebrow" with me. But as with any rider, I hope he is riding clean.

Though I must say I did not like the way he rode in the Tour, maybe it was just a fluke, but he seemed very egotistical and with that style he will not make many friends in the peloton
piccoli equivoci senza importanza.

Visit my blog on spanish history: http://www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
User avatar Christian
Veteran

09 Aug 2014 16:31

Giro TdF TdP
and now a TTer
?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

09 Aug 2014 16:39

All that body movement in the TT. Awful.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

09 Aug 2014 16:54

tinkof-saxo team super juiced this entire season. the difference with last year is stupendous -- coinciding with tinkov taking over and no doubt adding that all important "motivation".

fact: tinkov encourages doping on his teams.
fact: tinkov goes to court to defend blood dopers.
fact: tinkov consistently hires unrepentant dopers.

fact: riis doped to get all the results that made him famous.
fact: riis is being investigated for systematic doping of his teams.
fact: many of the riders have tested positive or have been connected to doping, doping teams and doping doctors.

conclusion: the entire tinkov-saxo organization is terrible for cycling and should be thrown out of the sport.
Big Doopie

09 Aug 2014 17:00

TourOfSardinia wrote:Giro TdF TdP
and now a TTer
?

To be fair, it wasn't a very strong field TTer wise.
User avatar Afrank
Veteran

09 Aug 2014 17:04

Afrank wrote:To be fair, it wasn't a very strong field TTer wise.

And he wasn't even in the top-10...
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

09 Aug 2014 18:42

Big Doopie wrote:tinkof-saxo team super juiced this entire season. the difference with last year is stupendous -- coinciding with tinkov taking over and no doubt adding that all important "motivation".

fact: many of the riders have tested positive or have been connected to doping, doping teams and doping doctors.

conclusion: the entire tinkov-saxo organization is terrible for cycling and should be thrown out of the sport.

Spot on! I agree 100 percent.
User avatar Walkman

09 Aug 2014 18:51

He should do La Vuelta, he could win it.

And with his "natural progression" and "great recovery" next year the Giro-Tour, he will walk them.
User avatar Liquigas

Amazing recovery

09 Aug 2014 18:59

I am baffled that Majka won the Polish race after TDF? he wasn't sitting at the back at the TDF, he won a couple. And now this? I am a fan but when I see recovery like this I think, "something does not add up". I will not rule out the Vuelta except his ITT is bad. He will probably contend and win a couple which is also baffling.
jilbiker

09 Aug 2014 18:59

Big Doopie wrote:tinkof-saxo team super juiced this entire season. the difference with last year is stupendous -- coinciding with tinkov taking over and no doubt adding that all important "motivation".

Source for the first two?
Veni, Vidi, Ricky

I came, I saw, I complained about a route design.
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

09 Aug 2014 22:47

jilbiker wrote:I am baffled that Majka won the Polish race after TDF? he wasn't sitting at the back at the TDF, he won a couple. And now this? I am a fan but when I see recovery like this I think, "something does not add up". I will not rule out the Vuelta except his ITT is bad. He will probably contend and win a couple which is also baffling.

Not sure, strangely three of top four at Poland where also in top 4 last year, Riblon had a good back end of TDP last year and came close to winning
del1962
Veteran

10 Aug 2014 14:52

Well said, Absolutely agree. Some of the many Tinkoff/Saxo/CSC/Tiscali/Memory Card riders with relation to doping and doping investigations:

Ivan Basso, Jörg Jaksche, Tyler Hamilton, Fränk Schleck, Bobby Julich, Alberto Contador, Roman Kreuziger, Bo Hamburger, Jesper Skibby, Nicolai Bo Larsen, Marc Streel, Lars Michaelsen, Laurent Jalabert, Rolf Sørensen, Andrea Peron, Stuart O'Grady.
alcedo

10 Aug 2014 15:13

And all other teams have much less relations to doping in their history ... ?
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

10 Aug 2014 15:27

Gung Ho Gun wrote:And all other teams have much less relations to doping in their history ... ?

No, I guess not, but I would like to see Riis get kicked out of the sport.
alcedo

10 Aug 2014 15:37

Me too of course, along with Lefevre and many others
User avatar Gung Ho Gun

10 Aug 2014 15:51

fact: cycling is completely dirty and if you throw out Riis and Tinkoff, there are a whole lot of other names that should go.
Moser fanboy.

Libertine Seguros wrote:Colombia is a world of totally alien wonder, a bit like putting the Amish in the control room at NASA.
User avatar gustienordic

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic