Register

Inhaler use

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Inhaler use

07 Jul 2018 23:17

I check the forums everyday but rarely post and never (well, maybe once years ago?) in the clinic but....
While watching the TdF today on nbcsn it struck me that use of inhalers while racing is now overt and acceptable. Check the pictures at 53.8 k to go...there’s a Team Dimension Data rider sucking away.
Just seems that with all the current turmoil, the media would be more careful to omit scenes like this, but instead iht shows actual usage while racing. Look kids, the pros use it so you can too!
Anyway, I just thought it interesting to see it on tv.
Ruby60

08 Jul 2018 06:58

Here's an article on exercise-induced asthma. It says one third of the riders at Team Sky have it, compared to 8-10% of the general British population.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/29/elite-athletes-asthma-simon-yates-team-sky-swimmers

[Maybe this should be in the salbutamol thread?]
La fatica in montagna per me è poesia (Fatigue in the mountains is poetry to me) - Marco Pantani
Van een ezel kunt ge geen koerspaard maken (You can't turn a donkey into a race horse) - Patrick Lefevere
User avatar Pantani_lives

Return to The Clinic