Register

WADA Getting Ready to Reinstate Russia

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

22 Dec 2018 05:58

veganrob wrote:
yaco wrote:I wonder why people give some much creedence to the utterings of Travis Tygart,USADA and any American Sporting Organisation - They have a track record of hiding positive tests and giving soft penalties - And the athletes who cry crocodile tears is amazing - It's like they are purer than white snow.

Good point. Travis Tygart is a fraud. Look at the recent Jon Jones decision.

They're the kings of doping.
Craigee

25 Dec 2018 07:09

http://tass.com/sport/1037695
December 24. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has not yet received a notification from Russia about its readiness to grant access to international body’s experts to Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory with the use of equipment that needed certification, a spokesman for the WADA told TASS on Monday.

WADA’s technical experts, who arrived in Moscow for their second visit on December 17, did not finish the work at the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab as their equipment was reportedly not certified in line with the Russian laws. The WADA stated its readiness to resume the process in case the issue was promptly settled by the Russian authorities.

Russian Sports Minister Pavel Kolobkov stated earlier in the day that the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab was ready for another visit of experts from WADA, which should confirm the dates for the visit.

"To the best of my knowledge, we have not received any such correspondence," WADA’s spokesman stated in response to a question whether Russia had notified the WADA about the completion of the equipment’s certification process.

and if you shake it, it looks like it's snowing ...
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“steel slats” does not a wall make.
User avatar Robert5091

27 Dec 2018 22:52

Will Putin help?
http://tass.com/sport/1038191
December 27. /TASS/. Russian sports may be globally isolated in case the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is denied to access before December 31 the data of Russian athletes’ doping samples from the period of 2011-2015, stored at the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab, Yury Ganus, the president of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) stated in a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"The revocation of the compliance status of the RUSADA, which is the key element of the Russian anti-doping system and which within a short period of time not only restored in full its operability, but became one of the best in the world as it was confirmed by the WADA audit several weeks ago, would lead to the sports self-isolation of Russia," Ganus stated.

"We are on the brink of an abyss and I ask you to protect the present and the future of our clean sports, the present and next generations of our athletes," Ganus stated in his message.

User avatar Robert5091

Re: WADA Getting Ready to Reinstate Russia

30 Dec 2018 15:24

http://tass.com/sport/1038545
The Russian authorities and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) have agreed on the details of the transfer of data concerning test samples stored at the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory, Russian Sports Minister Pavel Kolobkov said.

WADA experts arrived in Moscow on December 17 to extract the lab data but failed to complete their mission as their equipment had not been certified under the Russian legislation. WADA said it was ready to resume the work once the Russian authorities resolved the issue.

"Following the second visit of WADA experts to Moscow, Russian Sports Ministry received a letter from WADA President Sir Craig Reedie," Kolobkov said, as cited by the Sports Ministry’s press service. "The Ministry is grateful to WADA for constructive cooperation. A thing to note is that we have the same view of ways to resolve the situation," he added.

"The letter specifies options to copy the data from the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory and include information about the equipment involved in the process. Technical details have been agreed on with the Russian Investigative Committee," Kolobkov noted.

He also pointed out that there was understanding between WADA experts and Russia’s representatives. "We support WADA’s position: it is in our common interest, as well as in the interests of Russian athletes and all clean athletes, to move forward and rapidly resolve all remaining issues. We are currently discussing the date of the next visit," the Russian sports minister said.

http://tass.com/sport/1038609
"As previously outlined, the Compliance Review Committee will consider the technical team’s report when it meets on 14-15 January and will issue a recommendation to the WADA Executive Committee," a statement from WADA’s press service reads.
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Olga Golodets stated earlier in the week that Russia’s work with the WADA regarding the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab was most likely to be completed by January 16.

So WADA are prepared to accept a copy of the data? How do they know they'll get everything and if it's correct?

User avatar Robert5091

30 Dec 2018 21:51

Isn't it a copy of the data anyway, they're just taking a copy of all the data rather than extracting each piece via their non-authorised equipment?
samhocking

Re: WADA Getting Ready to Reinstate Russia

30 Dec 2018 22:42

Firstly, all this news is coming from Moscow - there's nothing from WADA.

The actual samples have until June 2019 to be produced for WADA, this is the results of RUSDA's testing of the samples - or so I understand it.

User avatar Robert5091

01 Jan 2019 21:31

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ca/idUSKCN1OV1Q5
"I am bitterly disappointed that data extraction from the former Moscow Laboratory has not been completed by the date agreed by WADA's (executive committee) in September 2018," said WADA President Craig Reedie.

"Since then, WADA has been working diligently with the Russian authorities to meet the deadline, which was clearly in the best interest of clean sport. The process agreed by WADA's ExCo in September will now be initiated."

WADA's Compliance Review Committee (CRC) will meet Jan. 14-15 to review the situation and make a recommendation to WADA's executive committee on how to proceed.

If the CRC recommends declaring RUSADA non-compliant and the executive committee agrees, the Russian agency will have the right to challenge in the Court of Arbitration for Sport, who will hear the case and take the final decision.

Reedie said WADA had written to Pavel Kolobkov, Russia's minister of sport, and Yury Ganus, the director general of RUSADA, to notify them of the situation and to remind them of the next steps in the process.
"The situation is a total joke and an embarrassment for WADA and the global anti-doping system," Travis Tygart, the CEO of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, said on Tuesday.

"In September, WADA secretly moved the goal posts and reinstated Russia against the wishes of athletes, governments and the public," he said.

"In doing this, WADA guaranteed Russia would turn over the evidence of its state-supported doping scheme by today," he said.

"No-one is surprised this deadline was ignored, and it's time for WADA to stop being played by the Russians and immediately declare them non-compliant for failing yet again to meet the deadline."

WADA's news release at https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2019-01/wada-update-on-extraction-of-moscow-laboratory-data-and-rusada-compliance-status

Now what WADA? :sad:

The agreement again - https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2018-09/wada-executive-committee-decides-to-reinstate-rusada-subject-to-strict-conditions
1. RUSADA and the Russian Ministry of Sport must procure that the authentic Information Management System (LIMS) data and underlying analytical data of the former Moscow Laboratory set out in the WADA President's letter of 22 June 2018 are received by WADA (via access to the data by an independent expert agreeable to both WADA and the Russian authorities) by no later than 31 December 2018.
2. RUSADA and the Russian Ministry of Sport must procure that any re-analysis of samples required by WADA following review of such data is completed by no later than 30 June 2019.

User avatar Robert5091

01 Jan 2019 21:45

I think the IOC are the more concerning than WADA. They've said Russia have served their sanction. Now welcome at Tokyo 2020
samhocking

02 Jan 2019 08:13

We'll have to wait until WADA's Compliance Review Committee's (CRC) meeting Jan. 14-15 to see what WADA decide but the Ruskies can appeal to CAS, so ... this can drag on for a while yet.

User avatar Robert5091

02 Jan 2019 10:24

samhocking wrote:I think the IOC are the more concerning than WADA. They've said Russia have served their sanction. Now welcome at Tokyo 2020

here i agree.................................soprt is about inclusion not exclusion

russia quite rightly were banned............now it's time to move forward

however full compliance must be seen henceforth...................
User avatar ebandit

16 Jan 2019 10:57

7 January 2019
https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2019-01/wada-expert-team-to-return-to-moscow
A three-person World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) expert team is scheduled to arrive in Russia on 9 January to access and extract data from the Laboratory Information Management System and the underlying analytical data generated by the former Moscow Laboratory.

Access to, and subsequent authentication and analysis of, the data remains crucial in order to build strong cases against cheats and exonerate other athletes suspected of having participated in widespread doping on the basis of previous WADA-backed investigations led by Richard W. Pound and Professor Richard H. McLaren.
The independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) is scheduled to meet on 14-15 January to consider RUSADA’s compliance status. The CRC’s recommendation will then be considered by the ExCo, via an extraordinary meeting to be held by conference call in the following days.
WADA President Sir Craig Reedie said: “While WADA is obliged under the ISCCS to give every opportunity to RUSADA, we are continuing to act on the basis of the 31 December deadline having been missed, with all the consequences that failure could bring. This week’s mission to Moscow is not only about us following due process and precedent. If the mission is successful in acquiring the data, it will break a long impasse and will potentially lead to many cases being actioned. Regardless, in the short-term, the ExCo will be considering whether RUSADA should maintain Code-compliance status alongside anti-doping organizations of other major sporting nations that enjoy the same.”

User avatar Robert5091

16 Jan 2019 11:00

http://tass.com/sport/1040159
MOSCOW, January 16. /TASS/. Experts of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) experience no problems or difficulties during their work in the Moscow lab, which is still ongoing, a WADA spokesperson told TASS on Wednesday.

The WADA Compliance Review Committee met on January 14-15 to analyze information regarding Russia’s implementation of WADA’s requirements on the reinstatement. The results of those meetings remain unknown. A delegation of WADA experts remains in Moscow, where they work to retrieve data from the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory’s database of doping tests in 2011-2015. The effort was to be completed by the end of 2018.

"The work is still proceeding. When the three-person expert team traveled to Russia to retrieve the data from the Moscow Laboratory, no limit was put on to the duration of the mission," the spokesperson said. "It is taking longer than had been originally estimated but the team is facing no specific issues or difficulties in carrying out their task."

The WADA Executive Board reinstated the compliance status of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) on September 20 on condition that WADA experts would be granted access before December 31 to doping samples at the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab, which was sealed off in connection with a federal investigation.

Since the Russian side failed to provide access to the data from the Moscow Anti-Doping Lab before December 31, heads of 16 National Anti-Doping Agencies proposed stripping RUSADA again of its compliance status, which means that all Russian athletes would be barred from international sports competitions.

The WADA Executive Committee is to make a final decision in regard to the Russian Anti-Doping Agency on January 22.

Ruskies leaving it late, but they can still appeal to CAS any decision.

User avatar Robert5091

16 Jan 2019 15:45

what are you talking about, robert ? did you read your own article ?

the wada panel that traveled to moscow is saying they dont have any problems nor restrictions so far. under the 'news' you posted there is nothing to appeal yet.

to remind, in essence, the wada is interested in the moscow lab data base of the past years tests on russian athletes that might or might not shed light on the data base that rodchekov snicked out when he ran away. according to that rodchenkov's data many more were doping than the mc laren report covered.

there are only 2 simple scenarios here:
1. the russians managed to counterfeit the data while the delay was on.
2. there were real technical issues made public earlier (but of course never elucidated in western media) that made the delay an objective occurance. poor robert, was denied the opportunity to bot-link those reasons since the 'free and independent' media ignored them.

we just have to wait. if the russians faked and forged, i very much doubt it will go unnoticed and w/o the grave consequences for their sporting machine.

but presenting the story the way i just did just does not jive with the devils we all know they should be.

to balance out the transparent political bias and the irrelevance of the X number of adas demands, if reported as neutral news, it should have been mixing in that some high wada official already addressed the delay acceptability vs the results the wada is after that and the delay was in part wada's own fault being not fully prepared in december.

again, but such a reporting is making the predesignated villain less of a devil. unthinkable.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Re:

16 Jan 2019 16:51

python wrote:what are you talking about, robert ? did you read your own article ?

the wada panel that traveled to moscow is saying they dont have any problems nor restrictions so far. under the 'news' you posted there is nothing to appeal yet.

to remind, in essence, the wada is interested in the moscow lab data base of the past years tests on russian athletes that might or might not shed light on the data base that rodchekov snicked out when he ran away. according to that rodchenkov's data many more were doping than the mc laren report covered.

2. there were real technical issues made public earlier (but of course never elucidated in western media) that made the delay an objective occurance. poor robert, was denied the opportunity to bot-link those reasons since the 'free and independent' media ignored them.

we just have to wait. if the russians faked and forged, i very much doubt it will go unnoticed and w/o the grave consequences for their sporting machine.

but presenting the story the way i just did just does not jive with the devils we all know they should be.

to balance out the transparent political bias and the irrelevance of the X number of adas demands, if reported as neutral news, it should have been mixing in that some high wada official already addressed the delay acceptability vs the results the wada is after that and the delay was in part wada's own fault being not fully prepared in december.

again, but such a reporting is making the predesignated villain less of a devil. unthinkable.

Call me a cynic but TASS throwing some quote marks round some words doesn't mean they've actually been said.
wansteadimp

Re: Re:

16 Jan 2019 17:02

wansteadimp wrote:
python wrote:what are you talking about, robert ? did you read your own article ?

Call me a cynic but TASS throwing some quote marks round some words doesn't mean they've actually been said.
i will not call you a cynic but someone with your own biases to which you are perfectly entitled to.

the article, if it does not trust or has no ability to verify some alleged wada quote, could simply refer to so and so, according to such and such source said this and that. . done all the time, by the sources less interested in putting out their own versions or spinning.

it firmly throws both sides into a) confirming b) denying c) 'no comments'... none i am aware of. but i do not pretend to read everything except trying to think a tad beyond the box.

but again, if your brain is per-conditioned, you are not likely to be interested in the elementary and obvious or objective media steps. i dont trust everything sputnik or the bbc report. that's why i try to read the alternatives often in a language unavailable to an english speaker. sorry for multiple corrections of my typos. i am a poor english typist.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

16 Jan 2019 21:23

here is the reuters article in the 'original' english that speaks to the same issue the tass article posted by robert did.

not wishing to tire folks with long quotes, I'll leave it to the individuals to read.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sport-doping-wada-russia/wada-will-not-get-report-until-team-out-of-russia-idUSKCN1PA04I

a comment from me...
according to the words of the wada own director, 'everything seems to move in the right direction' in moscow. that's not just quoting the russkie tass but oliver niggli himself speaking in his native english. the article referred to the safety concerns, but failed to elaborate what that meant... the physical safety of the members or the data safety ???
the article, as is usual in the west, 1st made some murky insinuations at the very 1st sentence, than admitted that wada would not elaborate what the safety concern entailed (direct quote: 'WADA would not elaborate on what safety concerns they have but they were enough to trigger a change in plans). perhaps, that the 1st admission that the the delay with the arrival of the 3-man team in moscow before 31 december, was in part the wada's own doing ? the russian version of the delay is that the data base is currently under the local court supervision (due a criminal case) and that the proper legal provisions where needed to formally turn it over to wada. they also claimed the wada team not having the properly certified/approved equipment prior to 31 december. i am guessing it was about the wada computer gear (scanners, laptops etc) they brought along. i also suspect the wada had insisted on bringing a special equipment to help them uncover fakes and forgeries. perhaps THAT caused some delays too. the demands by the 'defenders of clean sports' to automatically punish the evil russians for the delays suddenly dont look all that well argumented.
User avatar python
Veteran

17 Jan 2019 08:02

The WADA press release from Jan 7 had this -
WADA President Sir Craig Reedie said: “While WADA is obliged under the ISCCS to give every opportunity to RUSADA, we are continuing to act on the basis of the 31 December deadline having been missed,

so my comment about RUSADA being punished and being able to appeal to CAS refered to whatever WADA does because of the missed deadline.

As WADA seems to want RUSADA back in the fold, I'm betting on no action.

User avatar Robert5091

17 Jan 2019 08:39

as pointed in my post above your quote is outdated and therefore worthless. why? b/c there was a later statement by the wada director Niggli about what would constitute wada action. also, apparently, since as we type there is a 3-man team working in moscow (hellow, it is 17 January, not 31 december), any references to 31 december are not just outdated, but worthless. use common sense - if the basis was fixed in the past, no one would spend money to still work in january.

you clinging to a worthless statement and flooding the forum with such indicates where you'd like the wada decision to go. current signals from wada indicated you may be disappointed.

the missed date, as explained above and indirectly confirmed by niggli, was in part the wada's own plan change. out of some wada concern for safety. again, a highly prejudiced, politicized view in stead of a nuanced one :rolleyes:
User avatar python
Veteran

17 Jan 2019 10:50

Don't jump all over me! Reedie went out and said, "we are continuing to act on the basis of the 31 December deadline having been missed,"

Maybe Niggli should talk to friggin' Reedie and ask about WADA's own plan change.

User avatar Robert5091

17 Jan 2019 11:01

i was only highlighting your stubborn clinging to a position that's obviously outdated and thus worthless. time and evidence was contributed to the explanation. but you prefer to cut and paste links all over that you seem neither read nor understand....

perhaps you are just an incurable russophobe who will read (and flood the forum) with whatever fits that fancy.

you need not worry about the 2 wada top dudes talking to each other. they certainly do. and when one said something that did not fit your prejudice, you just cling to the one who said what you WANT to happen. keep pasting...
User avatar python
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic