Log in:  

Register

Doping in Soccer/Football

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Doping in Soccer/Football

23 Aug 2017 10:26

antonshipulin wrote:BBC summary titled 'Tevez, Kuyt & Heinze among footballers named in hackers' leak'
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41011854

Link to full release in the newsflash

The BBC's "analysis":

There is no suggestion that any of the World Cup TUEs involve wrongdoing - but it may reignite the debate about whether the system can be abused.


I think BBC sport may be more corrupt than Fifa
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,815
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

23 Aug 2017 13:51

It was quite a disappointing batch of leaks though. Especially considering what we know about Juventus and the possibilities around the Operacion Puerto concerning the two biggest clubs in Europe of recent years.
Brullnux
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,217
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

05 Oct 2017 00:31

Harry Kane is having a bit of a special time these days — 13 goals in September; England Captain; now linked with a £177m move to Madrid. The reason:

"Specifically, Kane has employed a personal chef, who is an expert in sports nutrition, who comes to his house six days a week to prepare healthy food. Kane says that is why he is quicker, stronger and leaner than ever now, better at holding off defenders, and even why he recovered quicker than expected from his ankle ligament injury sustained back in March."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/harry-kane-england-captain-spurs-tottenham-nutrition-chef-kitchen-2017-goals-a7983456.html
Yokohama
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Jul 2016 13:15

Re:

06 Oct 2017 15:12

Yokohama wrote:Harry Kane is having a bit of a special time these days — 13 goals in September; England Captain; now linked with a £177m move to Madrid. The reason:

"Specifically, Kane has employed a personal chef, who is an expert in sports nutrition, who comes to his house six days a week to prepare healthy food. Kane says that is why he is quicker, stronger and leaner than ever now, better at holding off defenders, and even why he recovered quicker than expected from his ankle ligament injury sustained back in March."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/harry-kane-england-captain-spurs-tottenham-nutrition-chef-kitchen-2017-goals-a7983456.html


Great find and observation
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,815
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re: Doping in Soccer/Football

02 May 2018 11:34

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garry-oconnor-branded-delusional-drug-12465880

This is Garry O'Connor, a former Scottish International footballer who made a money-spinning move to Lokomotiv Moscow in 2006. He has an impressive rap sheet, hence the accusation he's a 'delusional drug addict'. He's previously failed a dope test with cocaine, been caught in possession of cocaine, obstructed a police officer, and also been accused of insurance fraud when he crashed his Ferrari.

Of course, we know the club's ex-doctor is spouting nonsense when he says you can only do this in a hospital. Some people have managed to do it in team buses and hotel rooms!

Apparently it's caused a stir in Russia, but the Daily Record are fond of hyperbole. I doubt this will get much notice from the more respected press in the UK.

It's not remotely surprising in the least.
User avatar El Loto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 12:36

Re: Doping in Soccer/Football

02 May 2018 12:00

El Loto wrote:https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garry-oconnor-branded-delusional-drug-12465880

This is Garry O'Connor, a former Scottish International footballer who made a money-spinning move to Lokomotiv Moscow in 2006. He has an impressive rap sheet, hence the accusation he's a 'delusional drug addict'. He's previously failed a dope test with cocaine, been caught in possession of cocaine, obstructed a police officer, and also been accused of insurance fraud when he crashed his Ferrari.

Of course, we know the club's ex-doctor is spouting nonsense when he says you can only do this in a hospital. Some people have managed to do it in team buses and hotel rooms!

Apparently it's caused a stir in Russia, but the Daily Record are fond of hyperbole. I doubt this will get much notice from the more respected press in the UK.

It's not remotely surprising in the least.

The interesting thing about the original interview (which is online somewhere) is that he isn't saying this in the context of a doping confession or similar - it's said in the context of saying how advanced Moscow were and mentions it alongside lots of non-controversial things. While does check himself slightly when saying it, it does seem as though he genuinely doesn't know this is against the rules.
Parker
Member
 
Posts: 1,574
Joined: 04 Mar 2011 01:20

Re: Doping in Soccer/Football

02 May 2018 14:15

Parker wrote:
El Loto wrote:https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garry-oconnor-branded-delusional-drug-12465880

This is Garry O'Connor, a former Scottish International footballer who made a money-spinning move to Lokomotiv Moscow in 2006. He has an impressive rap sheet, hence the accusation he's a 'delusional drug addict'. He's previously failed a dope test with cocaine, been caught in possession of cocaine, obstructed a police officer, and also been accused of insurance fraud when he crashed his Ferrari.

Of course, we know the club's ex-doctor is spouting nonsense when he says you can only do this in a hospital. Some people have managed to do it in team buses and hotel rooms!

Apparently it's caused a stir in Russia, but the Daily Record are fond of hyperbole. I doubt this will get much notice from the more respected press in the UK.

It's not remotely surprising in the least.

The interesting thing about the original interview (which is online somewhere) is that he isn't saying this in the context of a doping confession or similar - it's said in the context of saying how advanced Moscow were and mentions it alongside lots of non-controversial things. While does check himself slightly when saying it, it does seem as though he genuinely doesn't know this is against the rules.


Knowing some of the things he's got up to during his career, I'm absolutely not surprised if he didn't bat an eyelid.
User avatar El Loto
Junior Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 12:36

02 May 2018 17:15

Gary O'Connor, no surprise he doesn't see anything unusual with injecting. It's a Leith thing. Trainspotting for anyone not getting my very cheap and childish dig at Hibs;)
User avatar ferryman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,129
Joined: 30 Dec 2009 23:43
Location: LostinFife

Re: Doping in Soccer/Football

02 May 2018 21:52

That is a very cheap and childish dig at our Leith cousins Ferryman, lol (Aberdeen here btw) ;-)

I think I remember reading that O'Connor actually had a private jet at his disposal whilst at Lokomotiv to take him back to the UK too whenever he required, whilst banking a nice £16k a week. My memory may be wrong however...and apologies for perhaps veering off the topic of doping in Soccerball.
Norks74
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 20 Aug 2016 18:18

Previous

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ap1, Benotti69, Google Adsense [Bot], Iguana, JosephK, Mayo from Mayo, Pantani Attacks, saganftw, sciguy, skippo12, terribleone and 72 guests

Back to top