Register

Cancellara

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

30 Jan 2018 11:33

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:
Merckx index wrote:Gaimon accepts Cancellara's challenge, says "I'll drop you at your own bike race."

It's funny, to the point that one wonders if it's an inside-joke between the two of them, at this point.
Is this match-up on Ladbroke's or PaddyPower yet?
The 'motor-doping' is a touchy subject for Cancellara, but it was more likely his manager that started the public sparring.

That's nice to see the two retirees settling the 'grudge' in a good-mannered way, for entertainment purposes.
These Cancellara mini-races are like 15-kilometer hill climbs, and if Gaimon gets to pick his preferred race venue, then you have to like Gaimon's chances. His power profile and recent training will make it tough on Cancellara.

So then, supposing Gaimon wins, what would be 'proved' by this ?

That Spartacus used a motor back in the day. Obviously ;)
Wiggo's Package

31 Jan 2018 03:22

This is the dumbest thing that has happened in pro cycling in a long while, and that says a lot.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

Re:

31 Jan 2018 11:59

hrotha wrote:This is the dumbest thing that has happened in pro cycling in a long while, and that says a lot.

Sagan's body tattoo was pretty bad.
But yeah, there is not much dignity remaining in this.
Gaimon's freak-show personality is insufferable, I don't think I could deal with having someone like that as a teammate
ClassicomanoLuigi

31 Jan 2018 12:48

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:
hrotha wrote:This is the dumbest thing that has happened in pro cycling in a long while, and that says a lot.

Gaimon's freak-show personality is insufferable, I don't think I could deal with having someone like that as a teammate

???

Another one than the one on his arm?
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

31 Jan 2018 13:51

Netserk wrote:
ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:

???

Another one than the one on his arm?

Oh yes. You need to go and have a look for it. I can't do its awfulness justice with words.
Parker

31 Jan 2018 14:09

Netserk wrote:Another one than the one on his arm?

Yes, photos of the new Sagan body-tattoo can be seen online already, on various websites
It's a self-portrait of Peter Sagan, as split-personality: "The Joker / Jesus Christ"
Since this thread was about Cancellara, I'll leave the description of Peter's artwork at that now
ClassicomanoLuigi

31 Jan 2018 14:57

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:

Sagan's tattoo? Huh.

ohhhhh - I shouldn't have Googled that...

Yeah, the Gaimon/Cancellara thing is really childish. As in playground level dumb. As far as cycling and dignity go, I still have flashbacks of Rock Racing rolling up to the start line. Nothing says class like paying women to dress in tight jeans, heels and dark shades to stand around a bunch of cyclists.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

Previous

Return to The Clinic