Register

New year, new season

Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

New year, new season

14 Jan 2018 10:18

How much are you guys training and what are your goals for 2018? I have been mostly running for the past 2 months, but I want to go back on the bike now to be ready for the first real rides in late February on the racer. Just going to use the MTB until then - while I have a good time on that, I just don't think anything can compare to the open road. Its just so much more relaxing, so really looking forward to that. Spring can't come soon enough... I hope to go to a few races this year, I only went to 1 last year after a pretty brutal crash I had at a time when I wanted to race more seriously.

Good new year and lets see how many kilometres we can log!
"This is the Tour that will determine If I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti

14 Jan 2018 12:30

ATM I'm still in winter training mode, that means XC skiing, ski mountaineering and a bit of alpine skiing as winter training.
I'm not someone who usually races, I just want to get better and stronger.
User avatar Mayomaniac

14 Jan 2018 21:32

Here on the east coast of Australia it’s been horrifically hot, so it’s been 2-3 hour bade rides for now. After around 8am it’s ridiculous here in Brisbane, so I’ve kept it to about 70-80kms max for now.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Today 03:35

I won't be doing any races. I'll do several organized rides. A 100 K ride in May. A 100 mile ride in October (organized event.) I'll do a century or two (miles) on my own as well. I don't have time to do more century rides then that. I have to take off work for those...I'm thinking about doing a 200 mile ride this year...maybe. :) Besides that just my regular rides as often as I can. 3 times a week roughly.

It's been a good ways beyond freezing for a while now...still plugging away.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Return to General