Register

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

27 Aug 2017 18:21

@Sestriere: Sounds like you had a great time, props to you!
Today I did a 121km ride, first to Cortina, then further down the Valley and then Forcella Chiandolada/Rifugio Talamini from Vodo di Cadore and back home.
The climb to Rifugio Talamini is nasty, 5.6km at 13% with the first 3.6km at 15%, but the first part of the climb is irregular with a few 30% steep ramps, at times it feels like riding up a wall, really hard.
User avatar Mayomaniac

27 Aug 2017 18:35

Had to pick the car up from the other side of town this morning. Span out on the new fixed build, no helmet, pulling skids, brilliant fun :)
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re: The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

28 Aug 2017 01:42

I'm still mot going for the big rides. Bad year between work and real life. Not in shape. Betancur :o . 64 km today, a back and forth ride, 1h19 on the way out, easy, 57 minutes on the 32 km back. Flat, little wind, I felt strong on the way back but slower than expected. I'm fat... :o
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

05 Sep 2017 08:01

Did a great ride in the backyard of Philippe Gilbert last saturday. 210 km's through the Belgian Ardennes with three mates, one of them eventually returning after 80k, 4300 metres of elevation, think a (serious) climb or 25. Eleven and a half hours underway in total, of which a serious amount of time waiting for our third mate. Also the last couple of steep climbs and downhills were in the absolute dark (and us without any lights or something) which made it even more heroic.

Too bad I had pretty ****** legs and was suffering a bit of a cold. But it was great fun.
Pennino

05 Sep 2017 20:46

Did the same 110km 2,200m out-and-back I did last year around the same time. Again in preparation for some proper hills in the next few weeks, hoping I can sort out the logisitics better this time around. Fitness-wise I took ten minutes off my time on the 11km@6.1% kicker a the farthest end of the route, so my form seems to be rounding off as my shape is (perhaps optimistically) getting a little less round.
"Christmas is tomorrow... Let's get in the break." - Matt Hayman, 4/9/16
"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness." - Tolstoy
User avatar carton

Re:

06 Sep 2017 20:06

Pennino wrote:Did a great ride in the backyard of Philippe Gilbert last saturday. 210 km's through the Belgian Ardennes with three mates, one of them eventually returning after 80k, 4300 metres of elevation, think a (serious) climb or 25. Eleven and a half hours underway in total, of which a serious amount of time waiting for our third mate. Also the last couple of steep climbs and downhills were in the absolute dark (and us without any lights or something) which made it even more heroic.

Too bad I had pretty ****** legs and was suffering a bit of a cold. But it was great fun.

Gilbert has a pretty huge backyard...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re: Re:

07 Sep 2017 07:07

RedheadDane wrote:
Pennino wrote:Did a great ride in the backyard of Philippe Gilbert last saturday. 210 km's through the Belgian Ardennes with three mates, one of them eventually returning after 80k, 4300 metres of elevation, think a (serious) climb or 25. Eleven and a half hours underway in total, of which a serious amount of time waiting for our third mate. Also the last couple of steep climbs and downhills were in the absolute dark (and us without any lights or something) which made it even more heroic.

Gilbert has a pretty huge backyard...

Pretty steep above all...
Pennino

10 Sep 2017 18:11

This morning a rainy and very windy 80 km ride on my usual roads along the coast in the Zandvoort area. Sentimental songs from Enrique Iglesias in my ears, obviously sporting my Tinkoff-Saxo 2015 kit. Thoughts exclusively with Alberto. Unlike for him, my legs didn't respond very well to my emotions.
Pennino

30 Sep 2017 14:11

Cimabanche, Falzarego from Cortina and Pordoi, 79.5km and over 2,100m of altitude gain.
It was clouded, foggy and rather cool, 7°C down in Arabba, but i like climbing with that kind of weather, it's better than climbing in the heat.
Pordoi is a great climb, 33 hairpins in 9.4km is awesome at it's a stunning climb.
My dad picked me up on the Pordoi, he was on a, excursion with my grandmother, so I got back home just in time to watch Emilia. :D
User avatar Mayomaniac

Re:

30 Sep 2017 14:14

Pennino wrote:This morning a rainy and very windy 80 km ride on my usual roads along the coast in the Zandvoort area. Sentimental songs from Enrique Iglesias in my ears, obviously sporting my Tinkoff-Saxo 2015 kit. Thoughts exclusively with Alberto. Unlike for him, my legs didn't respond very well to my emotions.

Sorry to hear that. I guess it’s real hard to copy AC!
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

Previous

Return to General