Register

I've a Powermeter...

Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

I've a Powermeter...

15 May 2017 09:23

I'm 45, been riding for years yet can't see the issue for them. It distracts me whilst training mostly through the figures I'm pushing. Though I do like it - to check stats at end - any thoughts...?
yenrod

15 May 2017 09:33

They can be an excellent training tool if you are willing to follow a plan and do what you are told. That's not why I ride a bike though, I pretty much ride a bike to do the opposite...

You don't have to display the data while riding, if it distracts you just switch it off, although if you're not going to use it to train with I'm not sure I see the point?
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

15 May 2017 20:44

Thanks mate ;)
yenrod

15 May 2017 21:02

Why do you have a power meter? What are you trying to achieve?

Looking at your data while riding, as a real time guide to intensity of effort, is one of the most basic/low level functions of such data. Basic enough that you don't really need to do it in order to train well.

But collect the data as it is a mine of useful information if you know how to intelligently assess and apply it.
User avatar Alex Simmons/RST

Return to General