Register

Transcontinental Race No.5 #TCRN05 - 28th JULY 22:00 - ?

Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

02 Aug 2017 16:06

The gap between Bjorn and James is down to approximately an hour after checkpoint 3.

Further back in the pack, Andrew Waddington appears to be heading to Ovaro.
User avatar valentius borealis

06 Aug 2017 11:18

A road got banned mid-race, my mates scratched due to actually fearing for their lives because of some of the driving. If the TCR is to continue in this format I think they're going to have to address these kind of things as best they can.

Will do the other checkpoint write ups when I get chance, not had much free time on the computer recently!
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re:

07 Aug 2017 12:15

King Boonen wrote:A road got banned mid-race, my mates scratched due to actually fearing for their lives because of some of the driving. If the TCR is to continue in this format I think they're going to have to address these kind of things as best they can.

Will do the other checkpoint write ups when I get chance, not had much free time on the computer recently!

James Hayden's account of riding on the stretch of road which was banned sounded pretty frightening.

I saw a few riders post on Facebook about scratching due to fearing for their lives after nearly being hit (and you can't blame them either).
User avatar valentius borealis

15 Aug 2017 12:07

aphronesis
Veteran

Previous

Return to General