Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

22 Apr 2018 18:05

aphronesis wrote:Patrick and Blutto managed to get banned from the music thread. Blutto had a cause and Patrick needed one to follow. Lupi didn’t get banned for his political side but because he couldn’t justify or clarify it and went low without knowing otherwis...

Really?! I imagine it takes serious chops to get banned from a music thread ....
Elagabalus

Re: Re:

22 Apr 2018 18:22

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

...maybe that's because there isn't a coherent one...just spitballing here...

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way you’ll never know.

Not broadcasting every thought isn’t the same as not having a strategy.

You're joking, right?...Uh, evidently, you're unfamiliar with Twitter. Look it up, it's all the rage.
ChewbaccaDefense

22 Apr 2018 18:29

Elagabalus wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Patrick and Blutto managed to get banned from the music thread. Blutto had a cause and Patrick needed one to follow. Lupi didn’t get banned for his political side but because he couldn’t justify or clarify it and went low without knowing otherwis...

Really?! I imagine it takes serious chops to get banned from a music thread ....

Well you know, all day for several days posting of unedited content that precludes any other dialogue, while elsewhere expressing contempt for the moderators as a whole might bring that on.

Part of the regressive infantilism of our increased quality of life. Marx would describe as the difference between alienated freedom and slavery. The Frankfurt School, adding Freud to the mix, called it repressive desublimation.
aphronesis
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 18:45

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

You're joking, right?...Uh, evidently, you're unfamiliar with Twitter. Look it up, it's all the rage.

Twitter is a cesspool. When he starts tweeting before he sends Pompeo to NK you be sure to let me know ‘cause I don’t hangout that much over there.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

22 Apr 2018 23:26

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

Twitter is a cesspool. When he starts tweeting before he sends Pompeo to NK you be sure to let me know ‘cause I don’t hangout that much over there.

Filled with feted monkey s**t like Trump and Dana Loesch...
ChewbaccaDefense

23 Apr 2018 03:21

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

Here's a strategy ... and just like protecting and healing the environment ... every US citizen can do his part.

1. Do a MF thorough "uninstall" of the Manifest Destiny browser ... and encourage all government, all parties, all groups to do so. Because of it ... your country has brought grief and death to a lot of people.
2. If you do # 1 ... there's decent chance you'll become a better team player in this world and the world will survive ... longer.
3. If you don't do # 1 ... you WILL blow up this **** world.
Alpe73

23 Apr 2018 03:32

Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

Here's a strategy ... and just like protecting and healing the environment ... every US citizen can do his part.

1. Do a MF thorough "uninstall" of the Manifest Destiny browser ... and encourage all government, all parties, all groups to do so. Because of it ... your country has brought grief and death to a lot of people.
2. If you do # 1 ... there's decent chance you'll become a better team player in this world and the world will survive ... longer.

I'm an excellent team player in this world. Have been for decades. Ask my European friends. How about you?

Manifest Destiny, like most D ideals, contemptible.

your country has brought grief and death to a lot of people

What are you, 9 years old? Study some 20th Century history FFS.

you WILL blow up this **** world

Well I won't. Maybe it needs to be blown up. America anyways. See how you guys get on after. Best of luck, eh?
Last edited by Scott SoCal on 23 Apr 2018 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 03:39

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

So anyways, I think strong women are really hot. To each their own.

User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 04:22

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

And I think women who wh0re out their "family values" for profit, are contemptible. To each their own.

Obama didn't ban any guns...btw...
ChewbaccaDefense

23 Apr 2018 04:41

Scott SoCal wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

I'm an excellent team player in this world. Have been for decades. Ask my European friends. How about you?

Manifest Destiny, like most D ideals, contemptible.

your country has brought grief and death to a lot of people

What are you, 9 years old? Study some 20th Century history FFS.

you WILL blow up this **** world

Well I won't. Maybe it needs to be blown up. America anyways. See how you guys get on after. Best of luck, eh?

Well ... yeah ... you're spot on for that recommendation.

From Cuba, PI, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East ( to name a few) where hasn't the US been scorching people during the twentieth century? Is history repeating itself in the 21st century?

And you, ScottSoCal ... can help stop this ****. Why is your country spending all its money on that ****?

Be a good example for your bruthahs and sistahs. :)
Alpe73

Re: U.S. Politics

23 Apr 2018 06:13

Ronan Farrow, son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen (or possibly Frank Sinatra?) just won a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting of Harvey Weinstein. I hadn’t realized he went to college at age 11, and Yale Law at age 16! He must be extremely bright, and though I don’t mean to diss journalists, lawyers or people who work in the government (as he has), I’m surprised someone with apparently a very high IQ wouldn’t end up as a scientist or academic.

Then again, having a high IQ is no guarantee of success. You can spend your whole life lost in your thoughts, without actually accomplishing something practical, as Farrow has done (he's also the author of a book, War on Peace). Case in point: Christopher Langan, who reportedly has the highest known IQ of around 200. Last I heard, he was trying to prove the existence of God, good luck with that.
Merckx index

23 Apr 2018 11:40

Merckx index wrote:Ronan Farrow, son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen (or possibly Frank Sinatra?) just won a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting of Harvey Weinstein. I hadn’t realized he went to college at age 11, and Yale Law at age 16! He must be extremely bright, and though I don’t mean to diss journalists, lawyers or people who work in the government (as he has), I’m surprised someone with apparently a very high IQ wouldn’t end up as a scientist or academic.

Then again, having a high IQ is no guarantee of success. You can spend your whole life lost in your thoughts, without actually accomplishing something practical, as Farrow has done (he's also the author of a book, War on Peace). Case in point: Christopher Langan, who reportedly has the highest known IQ of around 200. Last I heard, he was trying to prove the existence of God, good luck with that.

I suppose such a high IQ could invite, in some circumstances, a phenomenon akin to cultural lag.

Standard package emotions trying to steer a Formula 1 intellect.
Alpe73

23 Apr 2018 11:57

The President, ensconced at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, spent Saturday and Sunday on Twitter venting at the FBI director he fired, and torching both The New York Times and his own estranged attorney general. He poured praise on his lawyer Michael Cohen amid speculation he could flip on his top client after an FBI raid on his offices carried off some of the closest-held secrets of the Trump Organization and the President's own past.
The President also lashed out at an unidentified "drunk/drugged up loser" as he fulminated about his legal situation and, out of nowhere, when most Americans were enjoying their Sunday afternoon, tweeted, "A total witch hunt!"

Cementing that contrast, four of the five living ex-presidents, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, gathered in Texas at the funeral of former first lady Barbara Bush on Saturday.
The latest, and somber, meeting of the President's Club, the most exclusive political conclave in the world, seemed like a throwback to an earlier era of civility where former political foes buried differences in recognition of their common experience that seems out of step in the age of Trump.

What a class act, trump the dummy. He couldn't have waited until the funeral was over to twitter-rant, again, and again?
User avatar Bustedknuckle

23 Apr 2018 12:00

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

And I think women who wh0re out their "family values" for profit, are contemptible. To each their own.

A quiz for the two above, not you, between Dubya and President Obama, who signed the most anti-gun/Gun control measures into law?

Hint, it wasn't the Kenyan Muslim.
User avatar Bustedknuckle

23 Apr 2018 13:18

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

You’re right. Speaking in favor of protecting a constitutional guarantee = whoring out family values.

Conservative women are fair game I guess.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 13:30

Bustedknuckle wrote:
The President, ensconced at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, spent Saturday and Sunday on Twitter venting at the FBI director he fired, and torching both The New York Times and his own estranged attorney general. He poured praise on his lawyer Michael Cohen amid speculation he could flip on his top client after an FBI raid on his offices carried off some of the closest-held secrets of the Trump Organization and the President's own past.
The President also lashed out at an unidentified "drunk/drugged up loser" as he fulminated about his legal situation and, out of nowhere, when most Americans were enjoying their Sunday afternoon, tweeted, "A total witch hunt!"

Cementing that contrast, four of the five living ex-presidents, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, gathered in Texas at the funeral of former first lady Barbara Bush on Saturday.
The latest, and somber, meeting of the President's Club, the most exclusive political conclave in the world, seemed like a throwback to an earlier era of civility where former political foes buried differences in recognition of their common experience that seems out of step in the age of Trump.

What a class act, trump the dummy. He couldn't have waited until the funeral was over to twitter-rant, again, and again?

Huh. Seems like just yesterday W was being portrayed as essentially a war criminal and the guy who wrecked our economy. Obama never ever failed to let us all know. Now their friends.

Sounds legit.

Maybe they have always been friends. Part of the swamp I suppose.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 14:29

Alpe73 wrote:

Well ... yeah ... you're spot on for that recommendation.

From Cuba, PI, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East ( to name a few) where hasn't the US been scorching people during the twentieth century? Is history repeating itself in the 21st century?

And you, ScottSoCal ... can help stop this ****. Why is your country spending all its money on that ****?

Be a good example for your bruthahs and sistahs. :)

So is the US unique, when considering the Countries/regions above, in the scorching of people? Cuba, Japan... really?

I can help stop this? Something to ponder. I’m in Cali. Unless I vote for a Democrat my vote doesn’t count. So let’s say I voted for Hillary. You know she’s a war monger, right? You know the left has all but declared war on Russia at this stage (over the same electioneering we engage in). As far as scorching people go I think the world is far better off with Trump calling the shots.

I’m an already excellent example to my bruthas and sistahs.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 15:17

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

Huh. Seems like just yesterday W was being portrayed as essentially a war criminal and the guy who wrecked our economy. Obama never ever failed to let us all know. Now their friends.

Sounds legit.

Maybe they have always been friends. Part of the swamp I suppose.

Obama always wanted in on the elite action.

We do live in interesting times when Knuckle is honoring the woman who gave us W and Jeb and kept the home fires burning for Poppy, while liberal Lance haters are overlooking Betsy’s devout creationism as a sign of a logical mind.
aphronesis
Veteran

23 Apr 2018 15:51

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:

You’re right. Speaking in favor of protecting a constitutional guarantee = whoring out family values.

Conservative women are fair game I guess.

You need to read-up on Angry Barbie more...I wasn't talking about her gun stance with my quote. She's a disgusting human...
ChewbaccaDefense

23 Apr 2018 16:12

Mom blogger, pundit, tea partier, home-school'er, fire arms expert, opinionated...

Real scary stuff.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General