Register

Modestly clothed women

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

29 May 2016 17:27

The last post on the thread laid it out. I never went on that thread but the name of the last person to post there piqued my interest as it had a female inference. Something about misogyny. Oh well, the internets are full.
Starstruck

Re: Re:

31 May 2016 06:50

Scott SoCal wrote:
Alpe d'Huez wrote:Just a note: I posted a note in the mod forum asking for an explanation why the BoB thread was removed. I only know so far that recently new ownership took over the site. I do not know their rationale, or thinking. I do know a few things though:

This was without question the most popular thread on the entire forum. That equals traffic, which equals advertising, which equals money.

There was nothing offensive in the thread. In the past photos were included of women from the backside with no under garments, we deleted and banned those.

Nearly every photo was professionally shot. Many of the photos were of women wearing regular cycling clothing, many of them professional cyclists or amateur racers. Some were nostalgic looking. Some were of famous people.

The vast majority of the photos were no more offensive, or of women no more or less scantily clad, than what you would see in any woman's magazine today, aimed at female readers (Cosmo, Allure, etc). I would even make the argument that nearly every one of those photos are photoshopped, and thus present a dangerous view of what a women should look like, while photos of healthy women on bicycles is a positive thing for women to aspire to.

I spend less time than I did in the past as a mod. If this thread is removed permanently, like many of you, I'll spend even less time here without question.

Post of the year.

Removing the thread is a solution to a non-existent problem. PC run amok. Again.

Scott, Alpe, thanks for the memories. I certainly will be spending a whole lot less time here. At times it's been a rocky road, but all in all, it was a bunch of fun. Ciao!
nowhereman

31 May 2016 12:28

nowhereman wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Alpe d'Huez wrote:Just a note: I posted a note in the mod forum asking for an explanation why the BoB thread was removed. I only know so far that recently new ownership took over the site. I do not know their rationale, or thinking. I do know a few things though:

This was without question the most popular thread on the entire forum. That equals traffic, which equals advertising, which equals money.

There was nothing offensive in the thread. In the past photos were included of women from the backside with no under garments, we deleted and banned those.

Nearly every photo was professionally shot. Many of the photos were of women wearing regular cycling clothing, many of them professional cyclists or amateur racers. Some were nostalgic looking. Some were of famous people.

The vast majority of the photos were no more offensive, or of women no more or less scantily clad, than what you would see in any woman's magazine today, aimed at female readers (Cosmo, Allure, etc). I would even make the argument that nearly every one of those photos are photoshopped, and thus present a dangerous view of what a women should look like, while photos of healthy women on bicycles is a positive thing for women to aspire to.

I spend less time than I did in the past as a mod. If this thread is removed permanently, like many of you, I'll spend even less time here without question.

Post of the year.

Removing the thread is a solution to a non-existent problem. PC run amok. Again.

Scott, Alpe, thanks for the memories. I certainly will be spending a whole lot less time here. At times it's been a rocky road, but all in all, it was a bunch of fun. Ciao!

everytime a new owner takes over the website suffers.
thanks scott and nowhereman for all the hours you have devoted finding quality content. I know the amount of dedication it takes
I hope that the site has great luck in promoting social justice.
It was all I could do to submit this comment I don’t know where the inspiration came from…
User avatar krebs303
Veteran

31 May 2016 13:01

everytime a new owner takes over the website suffers.
thanks scott and nowhereman for all the hours you have devoted finding quality content. I know the amount of dedication it takes
I hope that the site has great luck in promoting social justice.

Agree with you all. I think the forums will go on but it will not without notice that you all are not participating.

Political correctness and social justice gone wild here.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

31 May 2016 15:49

nowhereman wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

Post of the year.

Big thanks to you dude, for taking BoB under your wing once I dropped out (around the 3m mark, I think). Just so you know, there is life outside BoB, though you will always feel an attachment to something that was unique. You know that $hit must be farked up when Alpe, Scott, Krebby and I are all on the same page.
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer

31 May 2016 15:56

Amsterhammer wrote:
nowhereman wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

Post of the year.

Big thanks to you dude, for taking BoB under your wing once I dropped out (around the 3m mark, I think). Just so you know, there is life outside BoB, though you will always feel an attachment to something that was unique. You know that $hit must be farked up when Alpe, Scott, Krebby and I are all on the same page.

That is what is disturbing about it all.

I tell ya the next thing you know it will be the closing down of member accounts due to the name they use.
Veteran

31 May 2016 16:41

Glenn_Wilson wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
nowhereman wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

Post of the year.

That is what is disturbing about it all.

I tell ya the next thing you know it will be the closing down of member accounts due to the name they use.

The next step would be to close the religion thread.
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
Veteran

31 May 2016 16:56

The next step would be to close the religion thread.

Would not doubt it. In fact I expect it.

This is a UK based company CN correct? That's why people like Samuel Adams/ John Hancock / John Adams / Thomas Jefferson / George Washington were popular here in the USA. We did not need no stinking censorship. :D
Veteran

31 May 2016 21:04

This thread is offensive!
jmdirt

Previous

Return to General