Register

The Dog Thread

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

22 Nov 2018 12:57

thanks! jmdirt....buddy looks to be a great 'lil fella'..........full of character...hope he settles in and makes ya happy..

thanks! tricycle rider...tobes looks as cute as ever...........hope it's nothing serious

thanks! on3m@n@rmy............great to see your gif...........that wee dog would have been great
company
User avatar ebandit

Re:

22 Nov 2018 14:44

jmdirt wrote:So my criteria was young (1ish), female, lab/lab mutt. We brought Buddy home with us today and he is none of the three criteria! :) He is a four year old, male, Yorkie/Yorkie mutt. My wife made the decision, but I didn't resist.

https://idahohumanesociety.org/adopt/view-pet/buddy-2/
Awwwwww, look at that cute little fella...

Buddy might be small, but from what I know of Yorkies they are just bundles of energy! And as small as dogs their size are they produce a lot of heat, so he should keep both you and your wife warm in bed at night. Because your bed is where he'll be sleeping, right? :razz:

PS - Hi ya from another Yorkie... I took care of this one earlier this summer for three weeks while her parents were traveling overseas, even at 10 years old she kept me busy!

User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re: Re:

22 Nov 2018 16:01

Tricycle Rider wrote:
jmdirt wrote:So my criteria was young (1ish), female, lab/lab mutt. We brought Buddy home with us today and he is none of the three criteria! :) He is a four year old, male, Yorkie/Yorkie mutt. My wife made the decision, but I didn't resist.

https://idahohumanesociety.org/adopt/view-pet/buddy-2/
Awwwwww, look at that cute little fella...

Buddy might be small, but from what I know of Yorkies they are just bundles of energy! And as small as dogs their size are they produce a lot of heat, so he should keep both you and your wife warm in bed at night. Because your bed is where he'll be sleeping, right? :razz:

PS - Hi ya from another Yorkie... I took care of this one earlier this summer for three weeks while her parents were traveling overseas, even at 10 years old she kept me busy!

Smart man to not resist wifey. I never had a Yorkie but friends or other family who had them were nice pooches.

@tricrider: now that is a nice looking little girl. She looks like made that post.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran

Re:

22 Nov 2018 16:24

ebandit wrote:thanks! jmdirt....buddy looks to be a great 'lil fella'..........full of character...hope he settles in and makes ya happy..

thanks! tricycle rider...tobes looks as cute as ever...........hope it's nothing serious

thanks! on3m@n@rmy............great to see your gif...........that wee dog would have been great
company

He was, and still is every weekend (and then some), great company. I am smitten. He is the first doggo that I have ever allowed to lick me all over. Except lips. Lips are forboden. Otherwise wifey has problem with that. So I just roll my lips under and he covers everywhere around that. You know, to help the dog's psyche. I hear licking creates good endorphins. It must be true cuz he can lick me not just for mere seconds, but for a couple minutes without stopping. We have fun toy play times too, like clockwork, always after meals.

Happy thanksgiving all. Pets included!
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran

22 Nov 2018 19:30

Dirt..awesome pup..did you fit him w snow shoes! !!
Looks like a keeper..plus his birthday to you will be thanksgiving so you can him a tiny Turkey suit! !!
Congrats
Unchained

Re:

23 Nov 2018 04:57

Unchained wrote:Dirt..awesome pup..did you fit him w snow shoes! !!
Looks like a keeper..plus his birthday to you will be thanksgiving so you can him a tiny Turkey suit! !!
Congrats

He'll need snowshoes because he doesn't have much ground clearance! NO dressing dogs up! :lol:
jmdirt

Re: Re:

24 Nov 2018 16:16

on3m@n@rmy wrote:He was, and still is every weekend (and then some), great company. I am smitten. He is the first doggo that I have ever allowed to lick me all over. Except lips. Lips are forboden. Otherwise wifey has problem with that. So I just roll my lips under and he covers everywhere around that. You know, to help the dog's psyche. I hear licking creates good endorphins. It must be true cuz he can lick me not just for mere seconds, but for a couple minutes without stopping. We have fun toy play times too, like clockwork, always after meals.

Happy thanksgiving all. Pets included!
Great to hear your and jmd's dogs are working out and you're enjoying them!

Speaking of pocket-sized pooches...

I've been babysitting a chihuahua for the last couple of nights because her owner went out of town for Thanksgiving, naturally I let the pooch sleep on my bed under the covers. Not only did it take her forever to burrow and get comfortable, she also snored!

I didn't get a wink of sleep, but that's a'ight, I love her anyway. :)

Re: The Dog Thread

06 Feb 2019 17:25

This pocket pooch (aka Tumbleweed, Mr. Grinchfooty) typical with disheveled look from getting wet (mostly by drinking) before grooming:

Or sometimes he gets wet this way (cold on the rudder):

After pet grooming (no more Mr. Grinchfooty, for now):
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran

07 Feb 2019 02:46

on3m@n@rmy wrote:This pocket pooch (aka Tumbleweed, Mr. Grinchfooty) typical with disheveled look from getting wet (mostly by drinking) before grooming:

Or sometimes he gets wet this way (cold on the rudder):

After pet grooming (no more Mr. Grinchfooty, for now):

YEEEHAA! :lol:
jmdirt

07 Feb 2019 16:40

You'd think YEEEHAA as in 'get me outta here' or 'which way to the door inside'. He actually seems to enjoy the snow as long as it's not too deep for him. But this picture seems to say otherwise:

User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran

08 Feb 2019 00:14

on3m@n@rmy wrote:You'd think YEEEHAA as in 'get me outta here' or 'which way to the door inside'. He actually seems to enjoy the snow as long as it's not too deep for him. But this picture seems to say otherwise:

Yo, Mr. Tumbleweed - as long as you're not overcooking those turns please do enjoy the snow for as long as you can!

(Pssst - it's a huge secret between those long-haired dogs that are actually supposed to be pillow dogs, sometimes they do actually enjoy rolling in the snow.)

Anyhoo, all facetiousness aside - that doggie looks great, welcome to the CN kennel!

Paw-five from the Tobster.

08 Feb 2019 01:08

Taxman - The Beatles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-RPGhpBSI

Am in the middle of doing my taxes right now, and the doggie is just about the only thing that is keeping me calm right about now.

In other words - don't ever underestimate the calmness that therapy dogs/animals will bring to you during times of extreme stress.

09 Feb 2019 10:04

i've said before but again....how pretty is that 'lil fella running around in the snow

my dog is more akin to my self image................rough 'n tough.........

User avatar ebandit

Re:

09 Feb 2019 17:53

ebandit wrote:i've said before but again....how pretty is that 'lil fella running around in the snow

my dog is more akin to my self image................rough 'n tough.........

or lean & mean Terrier... Mr. T
User avatar on3m@n@rmy
Veteran

Previous

Return to General