Register

Best/favorite TV series ever

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

17 Aug 2017 15:36

Mayomaniac wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Don't forget euron 'finger in de bum' greyjoy

TV Euron never happened, I dropped the whole show when I saw him and the lack of Victarion (probably my favourite POV character in the books) also sucks.

Yeah fair enough but he killed off the sand snakes which is always good
Brullnux

28 Aug 2017 21:49

movingtarget wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Thrones is back, but DandD have ruined most of the good characters as they can't write good dialogue for intriguing characters. Littlefinger went from being the most scheming man in Westeros who could manipulate even the most powerful houses to being a moustache-twiddling sex pest, who just repeats the same conversation over and over again. He's almost as annoying as Dany. And Varys and Tyrion have become infinitely less interesting since Season 4, and the mighty Olenna is (spoiler) dead.

Yeah, everything feels so incredibly rushed now. I think they've done quite a few things right this season, but they clearly have no idea what to do with a significant number of people who aren't really involved in the northern endgame.

And the travel bothers me. It's like they have teleporters now.

Littlefinger would have been written out of the show by now unless he was about to drop a bombshell of sorts which I think is going to happen. He's not the type of character to keep around just for cryptic conversations. He will either be killed off soon or do something that no one will expect.

Yep, they kept him around for seven episodes and then killed him off. It was a mercy killing by the end
Brullnux

29 Aug 2017 00:45

Brullnux wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Thrones is back, but DandD have ruined most of the good characters as they can't write good dialogue for intriguing characters. Littlefinger went from being the most scheming man in Westeros who could manipulate even the most powerful houses to being a moustache-twiddling sex pest, who just repeats the same conversation over and over again. He's almost as annoying as Dany. And Varys and Tyrion have become infinitely less interesting since Season 4, and the mighty Olenna is (spoiler) dead.

Yeah, everything feels so incredibly rushed now. I think they've done quite a few things right this season, but they clearly have no idea what to do with a significant number of people who aren't really involved in the northern endgame.

And the travel bothers me. It's like they have teleporters now.

Littlefinger would have been written out of the show by now unless he was about to drop a bombshell of sorts which I think is going to happen. He's not the type of character to keep around just for cryptic conversations. He will either be killed off soon or do something that no one will expect.

Yep, they kept him around for seven episodes and then killed him off. It was a mercy killing by the end

Yeah he was pretty good in his final scene. But he was one of the characters expected to go so no surprise. Nice scene between Cersei and Tyrion.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re: Best/favorite TV series ever

13 Sep 2017 06:59

I'm not a great fan of TV-series to tell the truth... I liked only "Charmed" a long time ago but only first three seasons :D
And now I adore only "Game Of Thrones", that's an amazing thing for me! :o
Ammonite
Newly Registered Member

Previous

Return to General