Register

Best/favorite TV series ever

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

17 Aug 2017 15:36

Mayomaniac wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Don't forget euron 'finger in de bum' greyjoy

TV Euron never happened, I dropped the whole show when I saw him and the lack of Victarion (probably my favourite POV character in the books) also sucks.

Yeah fair enough but he killed off the sand snakes which is always good
Brullnux
Veteran

28 Aug 2017 21:49

movingtarget wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Thrones is back, but DandD have ruined most of the good characters as they can't write good dialogue for intriguing characters. Littlefinger went from being the most scheming man in Westeros who could manipulate even the most powerful houses to being a moustache-twiddling sex pest, who just repeats the same conversation over and over again. He's almost as annoying as Dany. And Varys and Tyrion have become infinitely less interesting since Season 4, and the mighty Olenna is (spoiler) dead.

Yeah, everything feels so incredibly rushed now. I think they've done quite a few things right this season, but they clearly have no idea what to do with a significant number of people who aren't really involved in the northern endgame.

And the travel bothers me. It's like they have teleporters now.

Littlefinger would have been written out of the show by now unless he was about to drop a bombshell of sorts which I think is going to happen. He's not the type of character to keep around just for cryptic conversations. He will either be killed off soon or do something that no one will expect.

Yep, they kept him around for seven episodes and then killed him off. It was a mercy killing by the end
Brullnux
Veteran

29 Aug 2017 00:45

Brullnux wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Brullnux wrote:Thrones is back, but DandD have ruined most of the good characters as they can't write good dialogue for intriguing characters. Littlefinger went from being the most scheming man in Westeros who could manipulate even the most powerful houses to being a moustache-twiddling sex pest, who just repeats the same conversation over and over again. He's almost as annoying as Dany. And Varys and Tyrion have become infinitely less interesting since Season 4, and the mighty Olenna is (spoiler) dead.

Yeah, everything feels so incredibly rushed now. I think they've done quite a few things right this season, but they clearly have no idea what to do with a significant number of people who aren't really involved in the northern endgame.

And the travel bothers me. It's like they have teleporters now.

Littlefinger would have been written out of the show by now unless he was about to drop a bombshell of sorts which I think is going to happen. He's not the type of character to keep around just for cryptic conversations. He will either be killed off soon or do something that no one will expect.

Yep, they kept him around for seven episodes and then killed him off. It was a mercy killing by the end

Yeah he was pretty good in his final scene. But he was one of the characters expected to go so no surprise. Nice scene between Cersei and Tyrion.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re: Best/favorite TV series ever

13 Sep 2017 06:59

I'm not a great fan of TV-series to tell the truth... I liked only "Charmed" a long time ago but only first three seasons :D
And now I adore only "Game Of Thrones", that's an amazing thing for me! :o
Ammonite
Newly Registered Member

16 Feb 2018 13:57

Roger Ramjet and Top Cat.
sienna

Re:

19 Feb 2018 01:17

sienna wrote:Roger Ramjet and Top Cat.

I'll raise you Secret Squirrel and Danger Mouse
User avatar Archibald

21 Feb 2018 14:01

Archibald wrote:
sienna wrote:Roger Ramjet and Top Cat.

I'll raise you Secret Squirrel and Danger Mouse

Krazy Kat and Ren and Stimpy !
movingtarget
Veteran

04 Mar 2018 08:42

I’ve finally taken the time to get into Stranger Things. Just binge watched season one this weekend - wow! Best thing I’ve seen in a long while, hopefully season two is as strong.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

04 Mar 2018 14:55

I've been watching Endeavour, which for the most part is quite good. Morse is my all-time favourite detective. There's also a fair few references to the books (the originals), which are always fun to pick up.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

11 Mar 2018 04:26

The British series Save Me is good so far..
Flint Town on Netflix is an eye-opener.. for sure..
I gotta say as far as quality.. wait for..or binge watch TV..the Fargo TV series is a great place to put your mind for a short time..
Unchained

Re:

11 Mar 2018 04:56

Unchained wrote:The British series Save Me is good so far..
Flint Town on Netflix is an eye-opener.. for sure..
I gotta say as far as quality.. wait for..or binge watch TV..the Fargo TV series is a great place to put your mind for a short time..

Yeah have to say that Fargo has been good for the duration.
movingtarget
Veteran

12 Mar 2018 00:27

Ok sure why not. Favorite TV series/shows:
Classic Star Trek (grew up on the reruns), classic Doctor Who (Peter Davison is my Doctor)
for more recent/current TV shows: The Gifted and Marvel's Agent's of SHIELD. A couple others I'm enjoying are Stone House Revival and Restored (DIY station shows where they are restoring old homes).
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 11:52

Just got into American Gods. It is really trippy
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

Re: Best/favorite TV series ever

16 Apr 2018 12:45

Only Fools and Horses, a classic British comedy series. Highly recommended!
BullsFan22

Re:

16 Apr 2018 19:36

Red Rick wrote:Just got into American Gods. It is really trippy

Quite. I was deep into the first season. Have they started the 2nd season?
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

18 Apr 2018 10:50

Angliru wrote:
Red Rick wrote:Just got into American Gods. It is really trippy

Quite. I was deep into the first season. Have they started the 2nd season?

No. Not sure when it'll come out.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

26 Apr 2018 10:22

All time favourite series are probably House of Cards, Narcos, Elementary... and Friends.

Any suggestions? Im horrible at starting to watch series.
User avatar Valv.Piti

26 Apr 2018 11:01

The Wire, Breaking Bad (although I prefer Better Call Saul), Twin Peaks (my personal number 1, but it's not everyone's taste. It's great to see together with someone else).

Other than the Big Three^^, I liked Justified very much for what it is. I think you'd like it as well. I prefer Elementary over Sherlock, even if the former has lessened in the last few seasons. The first season of True Detective was excellent, I stopped watching the second after a few episodes as it wasn't all that good.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

26 Apr 2018 13:09

Been running through Rick & Morty, lately. I love the humor in it, everything from the small subtle hints to previous episodic characters and the (more than) occasional references to/bashings of popular culture.

Also, Flight of The Conchords is high on my list at the moment
"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same. They never got off my wheel." - Fabian Cancellara after Paris-Roubaix 2011.
User avatar Cance > TheRest

Re:

27 Apr 2018 02:14

Valv.Piti wrote:All time favourite series are probably House of Cards, Narcos, Elementary... and Friends.

Any suggestions? Im horrible at starting to watch series.

Don't know if you like Superhero shows/movies or not. If you do I'd definitely say Daredevil is worth watching. Both seasons 1 and 2.
You might enjoy the British series Sherlock. It's a modern take and Sherlock Holmes.

Since both you and Netserk have mentioned Elementary and I've thought about watching it. Sounds like I actually should. (Or we. We would include my husband.)
User avatar Koronin

PreviousNext

Return to General