Register

Boxing

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Alpe d'Huez, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Roberto Duran interview

09 May 2017 04:39

movingtarget
Veteran

09 May 2017 13:43

Really good article. Lots of quotes in there.

Regarding Joshua beating Klitschko, the one thing that came to my mind was how much heart Klitschko showed. I have argued for some time he's just used his size to stall tactics and defeat a weak crop of opponents, but when he got really pushed and hammered here, he did all he could to fight back, and continue on. It made me think if this was 5 years ago, even if Joshua would have floored him then, he would have been able to continue, and win in a way we never saw him have to fight.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Administrator

Re:

09 May 2017 15:38

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Really good article. Lots of quotes in there.

Regarding Joshua beating Klitschko, the one thing that came to my mind was how much heart Klitschko showed. I have argued for some time he's just used his size to stall tactics and defeat a weak crop of opponents, but when he got really pushed and hammered here, he did all he could to fight back, and continue on. It made me think if this was 5 years ago, even if Joshua would have floored him then, he would have been able to continue, and win in a way we never saw him have to fight.

Well I still think the horse story is an urban myth unless the horse had a glass jaw !
movingtarget
Veteran

Re: Roberto Duran interview

11 May 2017 01:04

Not one mention of Buchanan! To be fair to Ken, he has said he didn't think Duran meant it. Not sure myself but hey ho. Still one of my go to you tube fights tho, Duran v Leonard 1:)
User avatar ferryman

Re: Roberto Duran interview

11 May 2017 14:53

ferryman wrote:

Not one mention of Buchanan! To be fair to Ken, he has said he didn't think Duran meant it. Not sure myself but hey ho. Still one of my go to you tube fights tho, Duran v Leonard 1:)

I think Buchanan was just being diplomatic. No doubt Duran could fight dirty when he needed to.
movingtarget
Veteran

Previous

Return to General