Register

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

11 Aug 2017 04:19

Ya not the best move by Kyrie.

Now LaBron (master of how to leave a city) has a better way to get attention from the team he wants to go to. Yesterday or today he tweeted going "home" to LA (lakers). :D After all, he's got no help from a helicopter pop.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

15 Aug 2017 14:26

The NBA is certainly rigged and players don't care until deep into the playoffs. I'm honestly not sure who watches that garbage. I'd rather ride my bike.

College B-Ball. What a farce. It isn't amateur sports and has no business being on a college campus. Look at graduation rates, in the teens! I played DI sports on a scholarship and we had a 98% graduation rate. Make the NBA fund a true developmental league and get college b-ball off campuses. It's so hopelessly corrupt it makes me sick.

Just look at all the scandals! UNC, fake courses. Petino banging women on restaurant tables, despite having a wife and like 55 kids. AND has the nerve to have a priest in his locker room! Won't even go into the corruption and strangeness at Kentucky. Most revered coach was a rabid racist. Now their entire team is black. Make sense? Baylor...players killed and buried a teammate and they still have a program? Huggins found passed out at the wheel and covered in vomit?

I have absolutely NO IDEA why seemingly sane Americans can put their sense of decency on hold and cheer for a bunch of pituitary cases who don't go to class, play 40 games a year, and mostly fail to graduate, while committing fraud and crimes. It really makes no sense. You don't know those dudes. They don't know you. They don't care about you. Oh, you went to school there or grew up nearby? So what?
nayr497

17 Aug 2017 03:19

Last year's season was fun season by any player. I sometimes wish Durant had never gone to GSW just so I could see more of his wizardry.
sisabeshy
Newly Registered Member

23 Aug 2017 06:38

Kyrie Irving traded to Celtics and Isaiah Thomas moves to the Cavs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07znGYa6Y-o
movingtarget
Veteran

Re:

23 Aug 2017 11:21

nayr497 wrote:The NBA is certainly rigged and players don't care until deep into the playoffs. I'm honestly not sure who watches that garbage. I'd rather ride my bike.

College B-Ball. What a farce. It isn't amateur sports and has no business being on a college campus. Look at graduation rates, in the teens! I played DI sports on a scholarship and we had a 98% graduation rate. Make the NBA fund a true developmental league and get college b-ball off campuses. It's so hopelessly corrupt it makes me sick.

Just look at all the scandals! UNC, fake courses. Petino banging women on restaurant tables, despite having a wife and like 55 kids. AND has the nerve to have a priest in his locker room! Won't even go into the corruption and strangeness at Kentucky. Most revered coach was a rabid racist. Now their entire team is black. Make sense? Baylor...players killed and buried a teammate and they still have a program? Huggins found passed out at the wheel and covered in vomit?

I have absolutely NO IDEA why seemingly sane Americans can put their sense of decency on hold and cheer for a bunch of pituitary cases who don't go to class, play 40 games a year, and mostly fail to graduate, while committing fraud and crimes. It really makes no sense. You don't know those dudes. They don't know you. They don't care about you. Oh, you went to school there or grew up nearby? So what?

....shush now, will you....you'll wake people up and spoil the dream.....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re: NBA / NCAA Basketball

23 Aug 2017 11:43

:D :D :D
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

Previous

Return to General