Register

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

24 Mar 2017 04:51

Hotdamn, guess Xavier is this year's Cinderella team.

The Kansas game was a dud, but the other three games were all nail-biters. So all in all it was a thrilling day of March Madness today - more to come tomorrow!
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re:

24 Mar 2017 08:43

Tricycle Rider wrote:Hotdamn, guess Xavier is this year's Cinderella team.

The Kansas game was a dud, but the other three games were all nail-biters. So all in all it was a thrilling day of March Madness today - more to come tomorrow!

Lonzo ftw

BBB

triple b's baby
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

Re: Re:

24 Mar 2017 19:36

blackcat wrote:
Lonzo ftw

BBB

triple b's baby
I've got Kentucky winning this game on my bracket, but seeing as I feel pretty indifferent toward either team I won't mind if UCLA, and your boy Lonzo, wins.

Would very much like for the Badgers to win today - does anybody here actually like Florida? (Or any team from Florida, for that matter.)

24 Mar 2017 21:40

blackcat wrote:

Lonzo ftw

BBB

triple b's baby

I rarely go for Kentucky, but I hope they beat UCLA, only because of Lonzo's ol' man. The guy needs some smelling salt. I know he is lapping all of this up right now, kind of what Trump was doing during the election season, but he and the media are getting ridiculous about all of this. So yes, I hope that Kentucky peg them and especially Lavar Ball down a notch or two or three.
BullsFan22

25 Mar 2017 02:33

BullsFan22 wrote:
blackcat wrote:

Lonzo ftw

BBB

triple b's baby

I rarely go for Kentucky, but I hope they beat UCLA, only because of Lonzo's ol' man. The guy needs some smelling salt. I know he is lapping all of this up right now, kind of what Trump was doing during the election season, but he and the media are getting ridiculous about all of this. So yes, I hope that Kentucky peg them and especially Lavar Ball down a notch or two or three.

if u see LaVar as literal, no doubt/

But the spectacle, will have the four guys, LaVar, Lonzo, LiAngelo, LaMelo, as billionaires, each of them, in a decade. See: Under Armour, in under 2 decades, a 15billion dollar business. There was a, there was an, an advisory note from JP Morgan, that said Steph Curry, potentially worth 14.8 US$ billion. Sorry, I think I conflate the UA market cap, they say only 8 billion on google, someone get me the S&P500 on them....

point is, you are conflating Lavar's spectacle in the media, they are developing a brand. They will leverage this with an offer in the shoe and sportswear market. See: how valuable UA is. LaVar already has someone as a partner in the BBB brand.

So, all four Ball individuals, will be a billionaire in the next decade. Off them listing in the next decade, and selling a truckload of shwag. See: the Ball brothers hits on youtube. They are a social media phenomenon.

Yeah, a discreet Lavar ball, the spelling discreet, is not for me, he is not discrete, the spelling discrete.

however, there is method to his madness, like the JP Morgan advisory note attests

and see: the felicitous eponymous advisory note analyst.

Jay Sole. cant make this $hit up
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

25 Mar 2017 03:24

come on zo time to turn it on. down by 7
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

25 Mar 2017 04:57

As much as I don't like you Florida, well played in the OT. Well played.

26 Mar 2017 15:35

Okay, now I'm laughing... of all the teams to beat Kansas I would have never thought it would be Oregon. So yay for the Ducks, it's been a decade or seven since they've gotten into the Final Four. And seeing as I went double or nothing on my bet I now owe a whole 50 cents, courtesy of Kansas. (This is also my worst bracket ever, I'm currently ranked #4,105,392 at ESPN. :lol: )

Good to see Gonzaga is still in it, the Zags and Ducks will keep me interested in the tourney.

The top guys at the ESPN tournament challenge are predicting it'll be either Kentucky or Florida winning it all, hope both Carolinas win today. Especially UNC, I remember rooting for them back during the Michael Jordan days.

26 Mar 2017 20:50

Well done, S. Carolina, well done!

And don't worry about it, Florida, the NBA scouts are still watching you all as individual players. (I just hate it when these guys start crying into their towels... just because your team lost doesn't mean you're a loser as an individual player.)

26 Mar 2017 22:51

Think the refs at the UNC - Kentucky game are being a lot more lax, which I actually like.

Just let those players play it out betwixt each other, unless it's absolutely flagrant foul stuff.

26 Mar 2017 23:53

Well done, Tarheels, well done!

29 Mar 2017 03:22

I have been a UNC fan since I was 5. In North Carolina, you chose early and basketball is a religion. Last year was incredibly heartbreaking for me, and I've been a Carolina (there is only one, contrary to all of the d ! c k joke fans proclamations related to South Carolina) for 43 years now, and I am measuring my enthusiasm because, while this team is good, 3 pointers are kryptonite for them, and in Oregon is fast and good. But UNC versus South Carolina would be my choice for a final.

GO TAR HEELS!!!
ChewbaccaDefense

Re:

30 Mar 2017 17:21

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:I have been a UNC fan since I was 5. In North Carolina, you chose early and basketball is a religion. Last year was incredibly heartbreaking for me, and I've been a Carolina (there is only one, contrary to all of the d ! c k joke fans proclamations related to South Carolina) for 43 years now, and I am measuring my enthusiasm because, while this team is good, 3 pointers are kryptonite for them, and in Oregon is fast and good. But UNC versus South Carolina would be my choice for a final.

GO TAR HEELS!!!
No offense to you Carolina fans, but for me UNC going against USC in the final would be the dullest match-up . Ideally I'd like to see the Zags going against the Ducks, I know this would be very dull for the Carolina fans. But no worries, this is not likely to happen.

If we have at least one West Coast representative in the final I'll be happy. (And I will not bet any money this time, having already lost 50 cents I'm done for the year.)

02 Apr 2017 03:42

OMG, losing by only one point, Ducks, by only one measly point. THAT is when it hurts the most!

Ah well, there's always next year, one would hope.

Otherwise well done Zags, well done.

Re: NBA / NCAA Basketball

02 Apr 2017 04:17

2 words for Oregon to work on: BOX OUT.
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

03 Apr 2017 13:52

Last game of the season before I completely switch gears and follow the Masters later this week, I don't think the Zags can do it. It would be nice, but I foresee an anticlimactic final.

Tar Heels by, oh I don't know, let's say 20.

03 Apr 2017 15:59

GunZAGuh ftw
User avatar on3m@n@rmy

03 Apr 2017 21:59

Three hours till tip-off, any more predictions from ya'll?

Unless you bet money there is no wrong choice here in this thread. :cool:

04 Apr 2017 03:08

Don't even care who ends up winning this one - none of these players are ready for the NBA.

04 Apr 2017 03:49

NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!

GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ChewbaccaDefense

PreviousNext

Return to General