Log in:  

Register

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

12 Mar 2018 19:55

jmdirt wrote:
Koronin wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
Koronin wrote:Sorry, not an NBA fan. However the NCAA Tournament is starting this week. Hopefully I can find a way to get all my work done for the week before Thursday afternoon so I can sit down and watch first round Tournament games. Plus 1 set of brackets already filled out.

GU will be playing a five minute ride from my house! Not only do I enjoy the regional tournament contender, my sister is a GU alum.


Wow, that's cool. Are you going to the game? If you do, enjoy it. Living 5 minutes away I'd have a hard time not getting tickets and going.

Depends on work, but hopefully.


Totally understand that.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

13 Mar 2018 20:52

Seeing as no "true Pac-12 NW" team will be competing this year I'll just try to keep myself excited by cheering for Gonzaga.

Haven't filled out my bracket yet, but you know it'll be the usual suspects in the Final Four. (**** Kansas, possibly Duke... ugh, I don't even want to think about it!)
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

14 Mar 2018 02:07

Gonzaga has a shot in the West region of getting to the Final Four. I've done one set of brackets and have UVA vs 'Nova in the finals.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re:

14 Mar 2018 05:40

Koronin wrote:Gonzaga has a shot in the West region of getting to the Final Four. I've done one set of brackets and have UVA vs 'Nova in the finals.
That's actually what I have right now, but this is my only bracket.

EDIT: And Villanova will win it by about three points.
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2018 20:05

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Koronin wrote:Gonzaga has a shot in the West region of getting to the Final Four. I've done one set of brackets and have UVA vs 'Nova in the finals.
That's actually what I have right now, but this is my only bracket.

EDIT: And Villanova will win it by about three points.


I'm thinking this is going to be a popular Championship game pick. I've got UVA winning, but I can easily see Villanova winning instead.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Re:

15 Mar 2018 16:54

Koronin wrote:I'm thinking this is going to be a popular Championship game pick. I've got UVA winning, but I can easily see Villanova winning instead.
Let the dancing begin!

My dad's bracket is hilarious, every year it is. (He's got Kansas St. v Florida in the final, no more needs to be said.)

Ah well, at least no money is on the line, and it doesn't hurt to dream. :lol:
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: Re:

15 Mar 2018 20:45

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Koronin wrote:I'm thinking this is going to be a popular Championship game pick. I've got UVA winning, but I can easily see Villanova winning instead.
Let the dancing begin!

My dad's bracket is hilarious, every year it is. (He's got Kansas St. v Florida in the final, no more needs to be said.)

Ah well, at least no money is on the line, and it doesn't hurt to dream. :lol:


:lol: Well that's an interesting bracket. Yes as long as no money you can dream about whomever you want in the Final Four and championship game.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

17 Mar 2018 16:57

Wow, UVA broke the internet last night, my bracket is certainly busted.

Did you bet any money on the tournament, Koronin? (Read somewhere that March Madness is something like a $10bn industry, I'm sure some people are crying right about now.)
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: NBA / NCAA Basketball

17 Mar 2018 19:26

Didn't see the game, but a 20 point beating of the #1 seed??? Usually upsets are a one or two possession outcomes, but rarely double digits and even more scarce at 20 points. WOW. There were several other games that could have ended up as upsets, but didn't quite pan out.
BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,068
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

Re: NBA / NCAA Basketball

19 Mar 2018 12:51

BullsFan22 wrote:Didn't see the game, but a 20 point beating of the #1 seed??? Usually upsets are a one or two possession outcomes, but rarely double digits and even more scarce at 20 points. WOW. There were several other games that could have ended up as upsets, but didn't quite pan out.
This March Madness is really living up to its name - UNC also got blown out, and Xavier is out as well.

I still haven't figured out how some people manage to get a perfect bracket, suddenly dad's doesn't seem so silly anymore. (Although it's really quite busted also.)

At least Gonzaga is still in it, but with the way things have been going I can see how they could lose to Florida State.
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

19 Mar 2018 14:28

My bracket is shot to hell!

Only a basketball savant could have predicted how bad the top seeded teams would do this year and that surely wasn't me.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,540
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re:

20 Mar 2018 02:13

Tricycle Rider wrote:Wow, UVA broke the internet last night, my bracket is certainly busted.

Did you bet any money on the tournament, Koronin? (Read somewhere that March Madness is something like a $10bn industry, I'm sure some people are crying right about now.)



Nope. I've got 3 brackets, but all are free internet ones. One at ESPN (that is a small league with some friends), one at CBS, and one at one of the Raleigh TV/Radio stations.

Virginia broke most people's brackets as well, including mine. Although I do still have my other 3 Final 4 teams left. Otherwise I lost 1 other Elite 8 team and 2 more Sweet 16 teams. The nice part about the ones at the local TV station is after each weekend you can redo your brackets for the rest of the tournament.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

20 Mar 2018 02:15

I'll add to my above comment, I had Kansas out in round two along with Xavier and NC loosing in the Sweet 16, so those losses didn't kill my brackets. Virginia on the other hand I had beating 'Nova in the Championship game. My other 2 Final 4 teams are Duke and Gonzaga. And here I was more worried about 'Nova and Duke as both have had issues of loosing in round 2.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Re:

23 Mar 2018 13:22

Koronin wrote:

Nope. I've got 3 brackets, but all are free internet ones. One at ESPN (that is a small league with some friends), one at CBS, and one at one of the Raleigh TV/Radio stations.

Virginia broke most people's brackets as well, including mine. Although I do still have my other 3 Final 4 teams left. Otherwise I lost 1 other Elite 8 team and 2 more Sweet 16 teams. The nice part about the ones at the local TV station is after each weekend you can redo your brackets for the rest of the tournament.
Are ESPN's brackets more unreadable than usual? I'm at ESPN also, and maybe it's just age...

The madness continues, not really shocked Gonzaga lost, had them going no further than the Sweet Sixteen. But who are these Loyola Chicago people?

Guess I'll for them now, seeing as I like Chicago and don't really have anyone else left to root for. Well, maybe Villanova, seeing as I have them in the final on my bracket, but am not really emotionally invested either way.
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,061
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: Re:

23 Mar 2018 21:53

Tricycle Rider wrote:
Koronin wrote:

Nope. I've got 3 brackets, but all are free internet ones. One at ESPN (that is a small league with some friends), one at CBS, and one at one of the Raleigh TV/Radio stations.

Virginia broke most people's brackets as well, including mine. Although I do still have my other 3 Final 4 teams left. Otherwise I lost 1 other Elite 8 team and 2 more Sweet 16 teams. The nice part about the ones at the local TV station is after each weekend you can redo your brackets for the rest of the tournament.
Are ESPN's brackets more unreadable than usual? I'm at ESPN also, and maybe it's just age...

The madness continues, not really shocked Gonzaga lost, had them going no further than the Sweet Sixteen. But who are these Loyola Chicago people?

Guess I'll for them now, seeing as I like Chicago and don't really have anyone else left to root for. Well, maybe Villanova, seeing as I have them in the final on my bracket, but am not really emotionally invested either way.



Actually yes. It does seem theirs are not easy to read.

No idea who these Loyola Chicago people are, but they obviously know how to play.
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

24 Mar 2018 16:00

Could we see a Kansas vs. Kansas State Final? It happened before my time (that's a long time) but two teams from the same state in the championship doesn't happen too often.

EDIT: The answer is NO we won't see an all Kansas final. LOCHI is good!
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,200
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

25 Mar 2018 21:31

Injury concerns for Curry and Irving leading into the playoffs ? It's clear that Golden State are not the same team without Curry and the Celtics rely so much on Kyrie Irving. Does this bring the Cavs back into the equation ? Or even Houston ? Toronto still has many doubters for the playoffs. Be interesting to see if they can reverse their playoff woes. I think they are looking better this year.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,510
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

06 Apr 2018 02:22

Big blow to the Celtics playoff hopes with Kyrie Irving out for four or five months. Washington, Miami and the Bucks will now like their chances and will prefer to finish 7th and meet the Celtics instead of facing Toronto or the Cavs.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,510
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

15 Apr 2018 06:02

No surprises in the NBA playoffs so far except that Toronto won their first game in the series.....................
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,510
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

16 Apr 2018 00:31

Bucks go down to Celtics on OT. Entertaining game. Cavs lose their first game easily against the Pacers. They never looked like winning.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,510
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Back to top