Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

13 Sep 2017 17:53

Scott and I took issue with his post content and he called us big meanies.

I know from people around me that "it's all Trump's fault" fatigue sets in and you move on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/13/republicans-hillary-clinton-vanish
aphronesis
Veteran

Re: U.S. Politics

13 Sep 2017 18:23

....speaking of the disaster that, thankfully, never was, more whining....

We knew from an excerpt of her book leaked last week that Hillary Clinton wasn't particularly thrilled with the campaign Bernie Sanders ran against her. But in an interview released Tuesday, she really picked Sanders apart — at length.

Talking to the former Obama aides who now run the popular “Pod Save America” podcast, Clinton roundly denounced and dismissed not just Sanders's campaign but basically his entire political ethos, suggesting it's overly simplistic and awful for the Democratic Party. And at a time when Sanders's “Medicare for all” proposal just happens to be catching fire among top Democrats, it's difficult not to read this as Clinton's effort to arrest the party's tilting toward Sanders.

On the podcast, Clinton basically suggested that Sanders had no 2016 strategy except to promise impractical, more extreme things than she did:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/analysis-hillary-clinton%25e2%2580%2599s-clear-warning-to-democrats-don%25e2%2580%2599t-be-like-bernie/ar-AArSv1i?li=AAggv0m&OCID=

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 18:25

blutto wrote:....the mighty market speaks....

What Happened To "What Happened": Amazon Slashes Hillary's Book Price 40% Before It Hits Shelves

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-11/what-happened-what-happened-amazon-slashes-hillarys-book-price-40-it-hits-shelves

Cheers

Nah, it's up there #1 on Amazon non-fiction bestsellers. The book tour appears to be going well. She bugged out her eyes at Matt Lauer this morning when he asked her something about people not liking her personality. Gonna be on Anderson Cooper tonight. He won't ask her such offensive questions.

I cannot believe she actually writes in her book about being in junior high and having her cankles made fun of. That woman never lets anything go. At least she told us she's better than everybody else anyway.

She comes off as psychotic.
Beech Mtn

13 Sep 2017 18:47

Beech Mtn

13 Sep 2017 19:04

Beech Mtn wrote:
blutto wrote:....the mighty market speaks....

What Happened To "What Happened": Amazon Slashes Hillary's Book Price 40% Before It Hits Shelves

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-11/what-happened-what-happened-amazon-slashes-hillarys-book-price-40-it-hits-shelves

Cheers

Nah, it's up there #1 on Amazon non-fiction bestsellers. The book tour appears to be going well. She bugged out her eyes at Matt Lauer this morning when he asked her something about people not liking her personality. Gonna be on Anderson Cooper tonight. He won't ask her such offensive questions.

I cannot believe she actually writes in her book about being in junior high and having her cankles made fun of.
That woman never lets anything go.
At least she told us she's better than everybody else anyway.

She comes off as psychotic.

Tell me about it,,,,,,,she is still angry about me calling her quadfocals and poking fun at that multicolored quilt she wore back during the campaign!

Quadfocals and andersoncoopersss look very similar.
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 19:06

book is #1? probably because all of the buyers were doing what chewie suggested?

@beech I nearly fell out of the chair reading your signature!
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:07

aphronesis wrote:Scott and I took issue with his post content and he called us big meanies.

I know from people around me that "it's all Trump's fault" fatigue sets in and you move on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/13/republicans-hillary-clinton-vanish

The fatigue factor must have got him. Vuelta's over and he stopped posting.

Either that or he is reading quadfocals book and is so overcome with emotion that he spends most of the day crying.
Veteran

Re: Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:12

Semper Fidelis wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Scott and I took issue with his post content and he called us big meanies.

The fatigue factor must have got him. Vuelta's over and he stopped posting.

Either that or he is reading quadfocals book and is so overcome with emotion that he spends most of the day crying.

Probably the book got to him. "What if's" can be debilitating.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:19

Semper Fidelis wrote:book is #1? probably because all of the buyers were doing what chewie suggested?

thehog does good work.

PS: are you in Hillary's book, Semper?
Beech Mtn

13 Sep 2017 19:29

Beech Mtn wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:book is #1? probably because all of the buyers were doing what chewie suggested?

thehog does good work.

Sure... probably referred to as an 'aide.'

Velo too.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 19:37

Must suck to be an "aide" when Bill's not on bathroom detail.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 19:43

....thank you, that was such a sweet picture perfect portrait of the feckless one....the grift just never stops it seems....

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 13 Sep 2017 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 20:06

aphronesis wrote:Must suck to be an "aide" when Bill's not on bathroom detail.

It's a shitty job.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 21:43

This f'ing State is becoming more backwards by the second.

BERKELEY — In this cradle of the free speech movement, from the very campus where the First Amendment has been tested time and again, a new poll from UC Berkeley shows California voters are split over the delicate question of whether white nationalist groups should be allowed to demonstrate.

Forty-six percent of California voters say we’ve gone too far in allowing white nationalists to demonstrate while 43 percent say the rallies should not be restricted and 11 percent had no opinion.

And Democrats, especially, appear to be grappling with the complex issue in deep blue California.

In the wake of violent protests from Charlottesville to Berkeley, more than half, a full 53 percent of California’s Democratic voters, believe we have gone too far in allowing those demonstrations. Some 50 percent of California Republicans, meanwhile, believe the right to demonstrate should not be restricted, compared with 39 percent of Democrats.

I THOUGHT.... the right to protest and demonstrate was sacrosanct to lefties. Only when the rhetoric is agreed with apparently.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/12/poll-most-california-democrats-want-to-restrict-free-speech-from-white-nationalists/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1505272072
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 22:39

Beech Mtn wrote:

thehog does good work.

I was the lamp POST not the shade that got broke down along with the flat panel TV.

yall need to chill . my slump busting days are behind me now. Along to new pastures and real ale so to speak.
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 22:42

Beech Mtn wrote:

thehog does good work.

Im in there as a pen pall! the lamp post!

AnyWHO.... seems to me ...FUNNY how LANCE armstrong is not the real topic of TODAYS pro peloton,,,,,,,NO? hard to believe he was just a minion in the gear. But hey lets all go no disc brakes all the time! :D
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 22:51

just got out of the green room. She is hot not in the sexy way. Just pure angry. Going to be a election night meltdown with anderson and his narrow a@@ tonight.

lets enjoy the show. I wish I could fix this but her inability to navigate stairs has made me useless.

GO MEDICAID. F anyone who thinks this will not work.
Veteran

13 Sep 2017 23:34

Semper Fidelis wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:

thehog does good work.

I was the lamp POST not the shade that got broke down along with the flat panel TV.

yall need to chill . my slump busting days are behind me now. Along to new pastures and real ale so to speak.

I think we should erect a huge poll to ask the politik denizens their opinion as to the lamp post or shade question.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re:

13 Sep 2017 23:36

Semper Fidelis wrote:just got out of the green room. She is hot not in the sexy way. Just pure angry. Going to be a election night meltdown with anderson and his narrow a@@ tonight.

lets enjoy the show. I wish I could fix this but her inability to navigate stairs has made me useless.

GO MEDICAID. F anyone who thinks this will not work.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

:D
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General