Log in:  

Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: U.S. Politics

12 Mar 2018 13:42

Once again, donnie shoots his mouth off before talking to any in his hood..and then they scramle to figure out what he meant.

'master' economist? Nope-dope.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/12/trumps-metal-tariffs-are-like-an-atomic-bomb-for-european-firms-lobbyist-says.html
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,065
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

12 Mar 2018 16:19

What a banner day for the Trump children. Ivanka (she of the 14 month 'interim' security clearance) is still pulling in millions from the Trump organization while working in the White House. Donny Jr. is allegedly selling access to the administration to his friends and business partners. So hard to believe that his criticisms of the Clinton foundation were not in good faith. And, last but not least, the Qataris think that Trump backed the blockade of their country in retaliation for not helping bankroll Kushner's failed skyscraper.

At this rate, by the end of the administration, drug dealers will be shipped to Jr's private game reserves in Mexico where they will be hunted for sport by donors to KeepAmericaGreat 2020.
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,280
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

13 Mar 2018 01:02

The "fake media" thing has gone so far beyond tiresome and lame. Sensationalized news has been around for as long as news has been around, but it can't be the crutch for lies and stupidity.
media: "hey jm, what color is that car?"
jm: "red" (obviously blue car)
media: "jm says blue car is red"
jm next day: "the fake media is putting words in my mouth"
---No, they are quoting me!
Media: "hey jm what color is that car?"
jm: "I don't know"
jm next day: "the fake news failed to tell you what color the car is".
--No jm failed to answer the question!

DeVos was terrible on 60 Minutes. Even many in DC (from all camps) are wondering WTH. But her Twitting today is putting the blame on 60 Minutes for not telling the story. She couldn't answer even basic questions, and she lied about others, that became the story. She had the opportunity to tell the story, but was unable to because she didn't know what to tell. Twitting false facts the day after and blaming the media just makes her look worse.

Its not fake media, its fake politicians, millionaires, creating fake government.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,100
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

13 Mar 2018 03:19

Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,632
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re:

13 Mar 2018 12:36

aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?

Maybe/probably, its just become more blatant. IMO, so few are upset because so few are really paying attention.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,100
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

13 Mar 2018 12:56

aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?


Idiots everywhere..some morons like this read and believe outlandish 'news stories'..They really believe it.

Of course, having a butt-nugget in the WH retweeting stuff like this doesn't help. I just wish he would STFU..get off twitter, not insulting people, try to be statesmanlike or a gentleman..but that's foreign to him..

He just isn't very smart.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,065
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

13 Mar 2018 13:15

Tillerson out.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,100
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

13 Mar 2018 13:25

jmdirt wrote:Tillerson out.


Has any other administration had a staff turnover comparable to this one? I can't think of one at least not in my lifetime.
User avatar Angliru
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,272
Joined: 10 Mar 2009 13:30

Re: Re:

13 Mar 2018 13:35

Angliru wrote:
jmdirt wrote:Tillerson out.


Has any other administration had a staff turnover comparable to this one? I can't think of one at least not in my lifetime.


No, unprecedented, like so much of the adolf clown car. Tillerson is smart to get away from this idiot.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-officials-left-trump-administration/story?id=49334453

McMaster probably next..maybe more as the smart guys in the room decide to get away..
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,065
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: Re:

13 Mar 2018 16:18

jmdirt wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?

Maybe/probably, its just become more blatant. IMO, so few are upset because so few are really paying attention.


https://www.truthdig.com/articles/empty-piety-american-press/
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,632
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

13 Mar 2018 16:35

wow, just read that tillerson is fired via a thump twitter :rolleyes:

if true, i said it here more than once the 2 are going to part ways before the term as wildly incompatible personalities.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,833
Joined: 25 Sep 2009 01:01

13 Mar 2018 17:57

TIllerson was not the only one to get the boot today.

In addition to Tillerson, Trump's personal assistant John McEntee, also was axed and removed from the White House for unspecified security reasons, according to the Wall Street Journal, which cited sources.

McEntee immediately joined Trump's re-election campaign for 2020 as a senior adviser.

A CNN reporter tweeted Tuesday that McEntee was terminated because he is under investigation for "serious financial crimes" by the Department of Homeland Security.
Sounds like he will fit right in.
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,280
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Re:

13 Mar 2018 18:59

aphronesis wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?

Maybe/probably, its just become more blatant. IMO, so few are upset because so few are really paying attention.


https://www.truthdig.com/articles/empty-piety-american-press/

While there is no doubt that the media has a full court press on dt and his crew, that's beside my point. Its not fake news if it true.

EDIT: Its kind of 'interesting' the you/we counter the media with media.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,100
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

13 Mar 2018 19:05

Sure, but there’s a difference betw. for profit, conglomerate, talking head media and publicly sponsored. Yes, there’s a slant to lots of it, but still advocating public reform. The boutique left going after Trump are just going to work and often I think their motives and outcomes are no more pure.
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,632
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re:

13 Mar 2018 19:57

aphronesis wrote:Sure, but there’s a difference betw. for profit, conglomerate, talking head media and publicly sponsored. Yes, there’s a slant to lots of it, but still advocating public reform. The boutique left going after Trump are just going to work and often I think their motives and outcomes are no more pure.


The worst thing one can do with that argument is put trump in a purity contest.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 756
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

13 Mar 2018 21:25

It’s not a purity contest, but one of impurity. It’s boredom with the beautiful soul argument that says x is evil thereforeI am good. But not doing much else other than pop over to say “Trump bad”.

My point to jm was that we all and everything is mediated. You pick how you use your weapons.
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,632
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re:

13 Mar 2018 23:10

aphronesis wrote:It’s not a purity contest, but one of impurity. It’s boredom with the beautiful soul argument that says x is evil thereforeI am good. But not doing much else other than pop over to say “Trump bad”.

My point to jm was that we all and everything is mediated. You pick how you use your weapons.


I'll admit it. I'm dumb. This sounds really interesting, but I'd like the expanded version because I don't understand what you're trying to say.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool
Member
 
Posts: 1,733
Joined: 05 Jul 2009 15:34

14 Mar 2018 01:50

Both paragraphs?
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,632
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2018 02:56

Bustedknuckle wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?


Idiots everywhere..some morons like this read and believe outlandish 'news stories'..They really believe it.

Of course, having a butt-nugget in the WH retweeting stuff like this doesn't help. I just wish he would STFU..get off twitter, not insulting people, try to be statesmanlike or a gentleman..but that's foreign to him..

He just isn't very smart.

'fake news' has been around for ages - used to be called propaganda...

as for the supreme carpeted scalp not being smart, I highly doubt he's actually controlling the tweets in his name/account. It's all aimed at his crew - preaching to the choir so-to-speak - calculated for maximum effect to keep the division alive and kicking... divide n conquer, no?

hey Cleetus, look at them silly Dems getting all worked up.. yuk, yuk... our man shure put a pickle in der pants again...
Image
User avatar Archibald
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,766
Joined: 15 Jun 2009 17:03

Re: Re:

14 Mar 2018 03:06

Archibald wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Well, you don't think all the fake has been in place for awhile now and that this is just how it's playing out? The fact that so few people are genuinely upset by the ridiculousness should indicate that.

In other news, Johnny Science gets over being obtuse and informs us all that Turkey is a bridge between Europe and Asia. Who knew?


Idiots everywhere..some morons like this read and believe outlandish 'news stories'..They really believe it.

Of course, having a butt-nugget in the WH retweeting stuff like this doesn't help. I just wish he would STFU..get off twitter, not insulting people, try to be statesmanlike or a gentleman..but that's foreign to him..

He just isn't very smart.

'fake news' has been around for ages - used to be called propaganda...

as for the supreme carpeted scalp not being smart, I highly doubt he's actually controlling the tweets in his name/account. It's all aimed at his crew - preaching to the choir so-to-speak - calculated for maximum effect to keep the division alive and kicking... divide n conquer, no?

hey Cleetus, look at them silly Dems getting all worked up.. yuk, yuk... our man shure put a pickle in der pants again...
Image

Yep, I already pointed that out, but that's not my point.

EDIT: Some of my original post on this: The "fake media" thing has gone so far beyond tiresome and lame. Sensationalized news has been around for as long as news has been around, but it can't be the crutch for lies and stupidity.
media: "hey jm, what color is that car?"
jm: "red" (obviously blue car)
media: "jm says blue car is red"
jm next day: "the fake media is putting words in my mouth"
---No, they are quoting me!
Media: "hey jm what color is that car?"
jm: "I don't know"
jm next day: "the fake news failed to tell you what color the car is".
--No jm failed to answer the question!
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,100
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Back to top