Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Alpe d'Huez, Red Rick, Tonton, Pricey_sky, King Boonen

Re: U.S. Politics

19 Apr 2017 19:43

Semper Fidelis wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:Syria is bombed, Yemen keeps getting hammered by the Saudis, Israel keeps hammering the Palestinians with new settlements, Trump is about to invade Somalia, and some are protesting his freaking tax returns?!? This is beyond laughable now.

You know that the secret to this russian thing is in the tax returns. Everyone knows that.

I don't blame copperhead :redface: if he invades something cause he just wants to measure his against putin who invaded korea. :surprised:

Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 19:47

Scott SoCal wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:Syria is bombed, Yemen keeps getting hammered by the Saudis, Israel keeps hammering the Palestinians with new settlements, Trump is about to invade Somalia, and some are protesting his freaking tax returns?!? This is beyond laughable now.

You know that the secret to this russian thing is in the tax returns. Everyone knows that.

I don't blame copperhead :redface: if he invades something cause he just wants to measure his against putin who invaded korea. :surprised:

HOLLLLLLLLY cow MAN!
while the bodies floated by.,,,,, we continued to roll film.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 20:13

Semper Fidelis wrote:
HOLLLLLLLLY cow MAN!
while the bodies floated by.,,,,, we continued to roll film.

User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re: Re:

19 Apr 2017 20:14

Scott SoCal wrote:
Unchained wrote:What's to release for Trump. He has plainly stated that people who are not " smart" like!e he is pay his share. If that's the middle class or the working poor..get smarter or he will have you pay his share..he loves veterans so much but not willing to chip in for their housing,uniforms, food or medical care.. what a guy.

And yet he employs tens of thousands who pay taxes by <gasp> risking his (and borrowed) capital and building shit.

The tax year we know of he paid $38 million in taxes. How much did you pay?

But hey, punish the risk takers and punish success. Bring them down to our level. It's only fair.

You have absolutely bottled it..boiled and brewed the Trump blend..no taking risks with other people's @600,000,000 dollars was never acceptable..many people lost everything..it can't be balanced by how many people he employs it just doesn't wash..
Just as there is no acceptable level of fracking. There is no balance..the end product can never justify the process...no matter, no matter,no matter how many people generate a family sustaining income from the industry.
All things will never be economically equal between Trump and myself.. I say on video that I want to jam my fingers in a woman and pick her up like a bowling ball..I can't go home, coach baseball, call or talk to many of my current or past friends.. probably impact my employment,ect,on and on..
Billy Bush just smiled and he lost millions and his livelihood..
Trump walked away scratch less and was elected.. again might is right..
You have the guy labeled as a risk taker, some kind of admirable captain of industry.. I think he is reckless and Uber.. inconsiderate and inconsistent..as even his Twitter feed proves out..
Glad to see not everyone is following your version of moral math and Bill O'Reilly's grabbing hands and foul mouth have made whatever TV economical division not pan out..
Shirts available on T-shirt hell dot com..." What about all the good things Hitler did?"
Remember reading about Rush Limbaugh nibbling prescription ludes. lying to staff, family and friends but it balances with some..
It's always OK if you are rich..
Can't help but wonder how many other Aaron Hernandez' there are in our lives that we make excuses for because...
Unchained

19 Apr 2017 20:14

Scott SoCal wrote:
jmdirt wrote:Again, I apologize if I missed the discussion about this, but not being a regular anymore makes it impossible to keep up.

RE: Trump's tax info. He is wrong that no one wants to see his tax info. Millions would like to see him release it (both people who voted for others and people who voted for him). He is clearly hiding something. Here is the big BUT though: at this point its doesn't matter. Even if his tax info is as bad as many think, he's still the king. IMO, the usefulness of making tax info public is to give voters another piece of info to help then decide who to vote for (at least for those who actually make informed decisions).

How about this:

Trump's tax returns are none of your business. (Not you specifically, but whomever is asking).

He's audited enough that if there was an issue then there would be an issue.

The average voter along with 99.9% of the media would not have any idea what they are looking at wrt Trump's taxes. Yes, it's that complicated.

So what we would have is a bunch of ignorant mouthpieces spouting crap all day long for months on end. If I were Trump I would continue to tell those asking - not just NO, but F NO.

No apologies.

We'll have to disagree on that. Like I said though, I don't think it matters any more because it won't change anything.
jmdirt

19 Apr 2017 20:37

Scott SoCal wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:

Brooks and Red and Elvis and Hoffa were there too!
BullsFan22

19 Apr 2017 20:42

Scott SoCal wrote:
jmdirt wrote:Again, I apologize if I missed the discussion about this, but not being a regular anymore makes it impossible to keep up.

RE: Trump's tax info. He is wrong that no one wants to see his tax info. Millions would like to see him release it (both people who voted for others and people who voted for him). He is clearly hiding something. Here is the big BUT though: at this point its doesn't matter. Even if his tax info is as bad as many think, he's still the king. IMO, the usefulness of making tax info public is to give voters another piece of info to help then decide who to vote for (at least for those who actually make informed decisions).

How about this:

Trump's tax returns are none of your business. (Not you specifically, but whomever is asking).

The average voter along with 99.9% of the media would not have any idea what they are looking at wrt Trump's taxes. Yes, it's that complicated.

So what we would have is a bunch of ignorant mouthpieces spouting crap all day long for months on end. If I were Trump I would continue to tell those asking - not just NO, but F NO.

No apologies.

How about this. He works for us. Is he too stupid to realize that all of this would cease if he just released them? Why yes he is. Unless there's something there, right along with the collusion with Russia by his crew.
He's a clown, an ignorant clown.

No apologies...doh!
User avatar Bustedknuckle

19 Apr 2017 20:53

Unchained wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Unchained wrote:What's to release for Trump. He has plainly stated that people who are not " smart" like!e he is pay his share. If that's the middle class or the working poor..get smarter or he will have you pay his share..he loves veterans so much but not willing to chip in for their housing,uniforms, food or medical care.. what a guy.

And yet he employs tens of thousands who pay taxes by <gasp> risking his (and borrowed) capital and building shit.

The tax year we know of he paid $38 million in taxes. How much did you pay?

But hey, punish the risk takers and punish success. Bring them down to our level. It's only fair.

You have absolutely bottled it..boiled and brewed the Trump blend..no taking risks with other people's @600,000,000 dollars was never acceptable..many people lost everything..it can't be balanced by how many people he employs it just doesn't wash..
Just as there is no acceptable level of fracking. There is no balance..the end product can never justify the process...no matter, no matter,no matter how many people generate a family sustaining income from the industry.
All things will never be economically equal between Trump and myself.. I say on video that I want to jam my fingers in a woman and pick her up like a bowling ball..I can't go home, coach baseball, call or talk to many of my current or past friends.. probably impact my employment,ect,on and on..
Billy Bush just smiled and he lost millions and his livelihood..
You have the guy labeled as a risk taker, some kind of admirable captain of industry.. I think he is reckless and Uber.. inconsiderate and inconsistent..as even his Twitter feed proves out..
Glad to see not everyone is following your version of moral math and Bill O'Reilly's grabbing hands and foul mouth have made whatever TV economical division not pan out..
Shirts available on T-shirt hell dot com..." What about all the good things Hitler did?"
Remember reading about Rush Limbaugh nibbling prescription ludes. lying to staff, family and friends but it balances with some..
Can't help but wonder how many other Aaron Hernandez' there are in our lives that we make excuses for because...

no taking risks with other people's @600,000,000 dollars was never acceptable

Say goodbye to lending then. PAYGO is nice it just doesn't lead to much economically. Banks take risks lending every day. More often time than not, they are good risks. They actually do turn a profit and <wait for it> pay taxes on the net profit. Ya know, by lending money to developers like Trump. Of course many other business and private concerns as well.

it can't be balanced by how many people he employs it just doesn't wash..

Right. In a civilized society nobody should have to work.

Utter nonsense. But if you weep when trees die then I can't help you.

I say on video that I want to jam my fingers in a woman and pick her up like a bowling ball..I can't go home, coach baseball, call or talk to many of my current or past friends.. probably impact my employment,ect,on and on..

I'm happy there is perfection among us. If you are looking for it in Trump then you will be disappointed and unable to coach baseball or sustain friendships. Here's something to consider; my bet is Trump never believed that tape would become public. I'm also guessing that many of us have said many, many things in private that would be abhorrent to the perfect if ever made public.

Bathe in hypocrisy if you must but understand that most will just keep trying to do a little better than we did yesterday (which doesn't always happen).

Trump didn't elect himself and didn't bow to the pressure and that's part of what irritates you about him.

The two situations have nothing to do with each other. But it's good to know we still ascribe to the notion of innocent until proven guilty.

" What about all the good things Hitler did?"

One of us doesn't know their history.

It was opioids and it's a huge problem in the US at the moment. Even the rich struggle with addiction. Making light of them probably won't help the situation much.

Your envy/resentment is palpable.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 21:12

Roger Ailes out, now Bill O'Reilly out. Both defended by and showermates of Adolf. Deny, deny, deny, ooops, those pesky tapes. The third member of this sexual predator trifecta, Donnie, has a tape too. Just a matter of time.

Hey Scott, this is when you bring up Bill Clinton, predictable, sad.

We have a racist, sexist, arrogant, ignorant slimeball as president. Way to go trumpistas, particularly Scott, the number 1 Adolf fan and defender on this little bike forum.

Go look up 'public servant'..Kim is gonna remark about his small hands and Adolf will nuke the place. Clown.
Last edited by Bustedknuckle on 19 Apr 2017 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

19 Apr 2017 21:20

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

How about this:

No apologies.

How about this. He works for us. Is he too stupid to realize that all of this would cease if he just released them? Why yes he is. Unless there's something there, right along with the collusion with Russia by his crew.

No apologies...doh!

How about this. He works for us.

I have people who work for me. Does your employer have a right to demand you show your tax filings? Didn't think so.

Is he too stupid to realize that all of this would cease if he just released them?

He's smart enough to know it would be a complete shitshow with incompetent ding-dongs commenting on tax filings they don't know how to interpret.

Unless there's something there

There's something there. Depreciation schedules, Loss Carry-Forwards, Form 1120's, Form 940's, 941's, M3 parts 1 & 2, Schedule O, Form 982 and many others. Just reporting income from a foreign country is dizzying.

right along with the collusion with Russia by his crew.

Any day now.

I seriously doubt the smart people on your side believe this.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 21:26

Bustedknuckle wrote:Roger Ailes out, now Bill O'Reilly out. Both defended by and showermates of Adolf. Deny, deny, deny, ooops, those pesky tapes. The third member of this sexual predator trifecta, Donnie, has a tape too. Just a matter of time.

It's been a long 3 months for you.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 21:30

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:Roger Ailes out, now Bill O'Reilly out. Both defended by and showermates of Adolf. Deny, deny, deny, ooops, those pesky tapes. The third member of this sexual predator trifecta, Donnie, has a tape too. Just a matter of time.

Absolutely not. It's great fun to google 'latest trump news' each morning and see the 8-10 articles written about what a dunce this guy is. Easy and very entertaining. Wouldn't you have rather criticized Clinton than defend this moron?

19 Apr 2017 23:16

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

Absolutely not. It's great fun to google 'latest trump news' each morning and see the 8-10 articles written about what a dunce this guy is. Easy and very entertaining. Wouldn't you have rather criticized Clinton than defend this moron?

Fake news peddlers are depending on you.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

19 Apr 2017 23:52

S.Cal I agree with lots of things you write...
Trump saying Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly are friends and good guys is accurate in his framework.
Trump has treated women similarly so birds of a feather flocking together is no surprise.
Bill Cosby has two completely separate histories depending on your point of when his admissions counted.
Trump is no Hitler..dumb comparison as a whole.
Being secure and wealthy is a prime component of the American dream achievement is not negative.. there are plenty of world wide examples of truly nice people who are wealthy.. Trump is not one of them while in the public eye.
Trump's treatment of those who disagree with him may work in a private business, it does not when you are a public servant, which he is, but is in a state of denial.
You can't run the country like a business when you can't hire and fire people, in our government that hire\ fire role is done by the people..
All of us have met someone who should not seek employment. In daycare, primary education, post office,social worker,. hospice nurse.. you need skills to deal with people on their terms at your place of business..
Trump is not cut out to even take @5 minutes talking about the concerns of single moms in the inner city..he is in denial of there inclusion in his - run like a business- plan.
His people skills work when he is the only one that needs to be listened to or your fired..he is surrounded by supporting cast both inside and outside the White House that the only answer is Yes! Mr Trump..
Even my previous dig at his China-N.Korea policy..he is surrounded by educated experts, huge volumes of regional history and all that is out the window because of a 10 min chocolate cake conversation? He needs help!!
What if cake was enjoyed w Syrian somebody's? Was he prepared to say what he did the week before was not up to date? Drop a bomb before being briefed?
Reinventing the wheel maybe possible..do we have time? Money? Political will..and from Trump's view..nuke weapons and military options so he is not perceived as a whimp
Unchained

20 Apr 2017 00:27

....a little background on that Korean thingee...just so youse knows whose youse fighting 'bout....

Who Really Started the Korean War?

Forget the Trumanite mythology

The sixtieth anniversary of the "end" of the Korean war saw President Obama attempt to rescue that classic example of interventionist failure from history’s dustbin. Addressing veterans of that conflict, he declared:

“That war was no tie. Korea was a victory. When 50 million South Koreans live in freedom, a vibrant democracy…a stark contrast to the repression and poverty of the North, that is a victory and that is your legacy.”

This is a fairytale: it wasn’t a victory, or even a tie: the US public was disenchanted with the war long before the armistice, and Truman was under considerable pressure at home to conclude an increasingly unpopular conflict. As for this guff about "democracy": whatever the US was fighting for, from 1950, when the war broke out, to 1953, when it ground to a halt, democracy hardly described the American cause.

We were fighting on behalf of Syngman Rhee, the US-educated-and-sponsored dictator of South Korea, whose vibrancy was demonstrated by the large-scale slaughter of his leftist political opponents. For 22 years, Rhee’s word was law, and many thousands of his political opponents were murdered: tens of thousands were jailed or driven into exile. Whatever measure of liberality has reigned on the Korean peninsula was in spite of Washington’s efforts and ongoing military presence. When the country finally rebelled against Rhee, and threw him out in the so-called April Revolution of 1960, he was ferried to safety in a CIA helicopter as crowds converged on the presidential palace.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/04/18/who-really-started-the-korean-war-2/

....yup just another spooks inspired total cockup....following hot on the heels of the total fcuk-up in China....and a template for many total fcuk-ups to come....cripes one would figure with the losing record Merikah has had over the last 70 years or so they might want to try something else other trying yet another war...ok they won the battle for Grenada which is the equivalent of kicking over a fruit stand....other than that bupkes...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

20 Apr 2017 01:03

Singling out Trump and his "peers" as intrepid leaders of "risk" taking seems a little unrealistic if disingenuous and blinkered, but we knew that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/economicsociology.org/2015/01/04/ulrich-beck-has-died-his-powerful-concept-of-risk-society-is-relevant-as-never-was-before/amp/

Might be another way of fleshing the texture in Unchained's details.
aphronesis

20 Apr 2017 01:26

aphronesis

20 Apr 2017 04:26

User avatar Giuseppe Magnetico

20 Apr 2017 04:43

The cold war fused witth identity issues as a political formation to distract from actual life concerns? Wicked.
aphronesis

Re:

20 Apr 2017 05:11

aphronesis wrote:The cold war fused witth identity issues as a political formation to distract from actual life concerns? Wicked.

"Cold War".... Uh, WTF are you talking about? Apparently the 'fake' facts say that ended in 1991?
User avatar Giuseppe Magnetico

PreviousNext

Return to General