Log in:  

Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: U.S. Politics

13 Jun 2018 15:36

It's wednesday and more from the trump clown car.
trump said joint US/Soth Korea exercises wee 'provocative'..said it twice, plus really expensive.

Then he says..Bombers flying 6.5 hours from Guam to the Korean Peninsula..and then 'dropping bombs all over the place', 'I know airplanes and this was really expensive'.

This guy's ignorance, IGNORANCE of his military, what it is, what it does in terms of training and readiness is ASTONISHING!! Scott, is he really that clueless?
I guess he wants pretty planes, ships and tanks..good for the parade but gee, training to use them? That's so EXPENSIVE..

And now, trump and kim are best buddies..100,000 NK political prisoners, 'it's rough', says don the dope, 'but it's rough in a lot of places'..don snuggling up to putin, XI, Kim, Duerte, netanyahu, Salman of SA, other strong men and pissing on Macron, Trudeau, Merkel, Mays, Nieto..vlad gets his wish..

scott, WTF is going on FFS?
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

13 Jun 2018 16:39

According to a WSJ article, the seed of the idea for stopping the 'war-games' was planted by... duh-duh... Putin during a discussion in 2017.

Any guesses why Putin is so eager for a summit with Trump and whether he will suggest that NATO exercises are also 'provocative'?
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,157
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD


Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 00:17

Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:Outbreak of peace with NK? You can't seriously believe that happened last night.


Well, I haven't seen a mushroom cloud over LA just yet.

Maybe let this play out before all of the condemnation? Just a thought.


Your man got 'nada', Scott. I mean ... what did you expect? "PEACE" FFS??? Does your part of the world feel different this morning ... or maybe you're just a Romantic at heart?

Out of his league, Scott. Not just with Xi ... but with his own JCS. That's the scary bit. I'd fear them far more than NK or Iran. Any mushroom cloud is far more likely to come from your country's pop toys than others. You've got the numbers ... you've done it before ... you could do it again ... even by accident, FFS.

Should have listened to Mark Twain et al in 1896-98. Started with your little brown brothers ... now you're everywhere. North **** Korea ... long way from home, brutha.

Can't be trusted. Facts, history prove it.


what did you expect?


Just about exactly what happened. A decent if underwhelming first step. What did you expect?

Does your part of the world feel different this morning


Everyday I wake up is a good day. So when did Little Rocket Man last fire an ICBM? Everyday that goes by without is a step in the right direction.

Out of his league,


With whom, a man-child who hasn’t stepped foot out of his country more than a handful of times in his adult life? You probably need to wake the F up. Or not. World spins either way.

You've got the numbers ... you've done it before ... you could do it again ... even by accident, FFS.


1945 was a bit before my time. We could do it again. Kinda sounds like what you alarmists are pushing. Give peace a chance, eh? Or not. Just let me know when the end is near. I’m sitting on some exceptional libations And I would hate for it to go to waste.

Should have listened to Mark Twain


Everyone would be better off taking Twain to heart;

Civilization largely consists in hiding human nature. When the barbarian learns to hide it we account him enlightened.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 00:22

MarkvW wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
MarkvW wrote:Trump announces that the US is suspending joint military exercises with South Korea.

That is nuts.

THE SAME DAY Vice President Pence tells Senate GOP leaders that military exercises in South Korea will continue!

This is madness!

Can't wait to see how the Trump apologists will spin this one.


trump pulled the 'no more war games'(and amazingly poor choice of words when dealing with a potential enemy), right outta his fat **** w/o talking to or consulting anybody..kinda like 'we'll be leaving Syria soon', and 'I know more about isis than my generals, believe me'..ah, no thanks, I don't. He's an idiot..surprise. I'll bet china loves the removal of a bunch of US forces on their doorstep..once again, trump is too dumb to know he's doing Xi's(and putin's) bidding..all for the cameras, for his alt right wacko 'deplorables', for faux news..what a surprise.


And today, NK says denuclearization is dependent upon ceasing antagonism.

And today, Trump declares that there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.

Trump humiliates his own apologists on a daily basis.


Looking for a deal we should re-deploy our carriers there. Maybe fire a couple Tomahawks... blow some **** up. Make it clear we want a peace at all costs.

War isn’t the answer although it’s hard to tell with your nonsense.

Maybe wait and see, eh?
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 00:25

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:Outbreak of peace with NK? You can't seriously believe that happened last night.


Well, I haven't seen a mushroom cloud over LA just yet.

Maybe let this play out before all of the condemnation? Just a thought.


Has 'peace' broken out with Russia or China? None of their mushroom clouds either. There wouldn't be so much 'condemnation' if trump wasn't such a rude pri&k. Many, including me, are overwhelmed by his crude, boorish behavior. It is SO bad, it's easy to overlook anything 'good' that may be happening. He doesn't have to be that way. Why oh why not try to cultivate cohesiveness and not divisiveness? "Haters and losers"..has he ever considered WHY so many people think he's a dic&? Nope..he doesn't care.


Because there’s no negotiating with you and those that think like you. You’ll invent reasons to overthrow a freely elected president because.... he’s rude?

You aren’t reasonable and you aren’t alone.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jun 2018 00:30




There was much rejoicing this week over the photo of Trump being harangued by the other G7 leaders. But when I saw it, I thought: “The stitch-ups engineered by people like you produce people like him.” The machinations of remote elites in forums such as the G7, the IMF and the European Central Bank, and the opaque negotiation of unpopular treaties, destroy both trust and democratic agency, fuelling the frustration that demagogues exploit.

Trump was right to spike the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He is right to demand a sunset clause for Nafta. When this devious, hollow, self-interested man offers a better approximation of the people’s champion than any other leader, you know democracy is in trouble.


He was the best candidate in the race and won. Helluva system we got.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

14 Jun 2018 02:41

I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,157
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re:

14 Jun 2018 03:51

djpbaltimore wrote:I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.


How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

14 Jun 2018 04:39

Do you think Trump asked Kim what it was like to kill his brother? Does that make you a " tough guy" to murder your sibling?
Unchained
Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: 05 Sep 2016 00:24

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 06:07

Scott SoCal wrote:
Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:Outbreak of peace with NK? You can't seriously believe that happened last night.


Well, I haven't seen a mushroom cloud over LA just yet.

Maybe let this play out before all of the condemnation? Just a thought.


Your man got 'nada', Scott. I mean ... what did you expect? "PEACE" FFS??? Does your part of the world feel different this morning ... or maybe you're just a Romantic at heart?

Out of his league, Scott. Not just with Xi ... but with his own JCS. That's the scary bit. I'd fear them far more than NK or Iran. Any mushroom cloud is far more likely to come from your country's pop toys than others. You've got the numbers ... you've done it before ... you could do it again ... even by accident, FFS.

Should have listened to Mark Twain et al in 1896-98. Started with your little brown brothers ... now you're everywhere. North **** Korea ... long way from home, brutha.

Can't be trusted. Facts, history prove it.


what did you expect?


Just about exactly what happened. A decent if underwhelming first step. What did you expect?

Does your part of the world feel different this morning


Everyday I wake up is a good day. So when did Little Rocket Man last fire an ICBM? Everyday that goes by without is a step in the right direction.

Out of his league,


With whom, a man-child who hasn’t stepped foot out of his country more than a handful of times in his adult life? You probably need to wake the F up. Or not. World spins either way.

You've got the numbers ... you've done it before ... you could do it again ... even by accident, FFS.


1945 was a bit before my time. We could do it again. Kinda sounds like what you alarmists are pushing. Give peace a chance, eh? Or not. Just let me know when the end is near. I’m sitting on some exceptional libations And I would hate for it to go to waste.

Should have listened to Mark Twain


Everyone would be better off taking Twain to heart;

Civilization largely consists in hiding human nature. When the barbarian learns to hide it we account him enlightened.


Man ... you got so much 'outgoing' ... (you spend a lot of time at this cafe, nao eh?) ... you don't have time to read ... or read with understanding, at least ... the whole sentence. Didn't compare him to Kim at all. Those two were/are ... mano (child) a mano (child). Gotta read the whole sentence, Scott ... when you get time to slow down.

What did I expect? Holl -y- wood! It delivered.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 06:25

Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.


How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.


Doesn't exist, Scott. They're all 'game over' exchanges.

The monkey wrench is that the US thinks ... it can denuke the rest of the world ... after pioneering their birth, using them ... and multiplying them like baby rabbits ... while wanting to hold onto theirs.

WTF ... seriously?

Now ... if Trump did something really good ... ( eg. better than Clinton ... what was it, Scott?) . .. please let me know. I'm willing to be convinced. But if you can't ... fess up bro. You don't have to protect that guy ad nauseum if it doesn't feel right.
Alpe73
Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 01:23

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 11:59

Scott SoCal wrote:
1945 was a bit before my time. We could do it again. Kinda sounds like what you alarmists are pushing. Give peace a chance, eh? Or not. Just let me know when the end is near. I’m sitting on some exceptional libations And I would hate for it to go to waste.

Where were you when PRESIDENT Obama said that he would talk to anybody, even Kim, if it meant peace was a result. He was roundly hammered by the fools on trump TV(Faux news), most notably that fat moron hannity. Did you hammer him too? You like to do that but gee..this guy does the very same thing(altho with hugs and kisses) with kim and trump tv and the trumpistas are nothing but praise..my, my.
Don the dope quotes.
"North Korea has great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding cannons into the ocean... Wouldn't that make a great condo? ... You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea. You have China. And they own the land in the middle. How bad is that? Right? It's great."

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse."

On whether there was a recording of the meeting between Trump and Kim: “I don’t have to verify, I have one of the great memories of all time.”


Forehead slap....
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 12:12

Scott SoCal wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
MarkvW wrote:Trump announces that the US is suspending joint military exercises with South Korea.

That is nuts.

THE SAME DAY Vice President Pence tells Senate GOP leaders that military exercises in South Korea will continue!

This is madness!

Can't wait to see how the Trump apologists will spin this one.


trump pulled the 'no more war games'(and amazingly poor choice of words when dealing with a potential enemy), right outta his fat **** w/o talking to or consulting anybody..kinda like 'we'll be leaving Syria soon', and 'I know more about isis than my generals, believe me'..ah, no thanks, I don't. He's an idiot..surprise. I'll bet china loves the removal of a bunch of US forces on their doorstep..once again, trump is too dumb to know he's doing Xi's(and putin's) bidding..all for the cameras, for his alt right wacko 'deplorables', for faux news..what a surprise.


And today, NK says denuclearization is dependent upon ceasing antagonism.

And today, Trump declares that there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.

Trump humiliates his own apologists on a daily basis.


Looking for a deal we should re-deploy our carriers there. Maybe fire a couple Tomahawks... blow some **** up. Make it clear we want a peace at all costs.

War isn’t the answer although it’s hard to tell with your nonsense.

Maybe wait and see, eh?


I never thought I would see you write things that criticize our military and their readiness requirements. Do ya suppose NK has stopped NK-China military exercises? How about the NK military as they deploy, shoot stuff and 'blow shite up'? How has kim shown he wants 'peace' except by saying what he said at the photo-op with trump?
The US didn't invade South Korea in June of 1950...South Korea nor the US has 10,000 artillery pieces STILL aimed and ready at Seoul RIGHT NOW.
Conventional wisdom states that Seoul would be destroyed in minutes by at least 10,000 North Korean artillery and rocket batteries that are now aimed from right across the Demilitarized Zone. Such guns are said to be capable of firing 500,000 rounds within a few minutes.

First, it’s worth noting that Trump’s promise to suspend war games did not appear to come with a comparable concession from the North Korean side. Instead, North Korea simply reiterated an existing commitment to denuclearization without specifying what that means or when it could happen. That appears to be a win for Kim and his backers in Beijing.


You, like trump are willing to not 'trust but verify' and start slapping your boy on the back. 'NK is no longer a nuke threat', really, by what measure? Nukes still there, still prepped, still capable of hitting your home town but the US must makes the concessions..ridiculous but not unexpected from you.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 12:15

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:Outbreak of peace with NK? You can't seriously believe that happened last night.


Well, I haven't seen a mushroom cloud over LA just yet.

Maybe let this play out before all of the condemnation? Just a thought.


Has 'peace' broken out with Russia or China? None of their mushroom clouds either. There wouldn't be so much 'condemnation' if trump wasn't such a rude pri&k. Many, including me, are overwhelmed by his crude, boorish behavior. It is SO bad, it's easy to overlook anything 'good' that may be happening. He doesn't have to be that way. Why oh why not try to cultivate cohesiveness and not divisiveness? "Haters and losers"..has he ever considered WHY so many people think he's a dic&? Nope..he doesn't care.


Because there’s no negotiating with you and those that think like you. You’ll invent reasons to overthrow a freely elected president because.... he’s rude?

You aren’t reasonable and you aren’t alone.


Oh wait, the deep state, quiet coup, rears it's wee head again. Rude and dangerous and ignorant and has delusions that he's a king(I can absolutely pardon myself). Oh yes, a liar. Sexist, racist..and rude.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 12:24

Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.


How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.


Nukes are there for one reason...deterrent. Not surprising that you leap to the 'talk to the rocket man or nuke war will result'..typical GOP/trumpista scare tactics. Ya need to do some research..it wouldn't be a 'tactical' nuke exchange but a complete destruction of North Korea, Kim knows this but trump has conceded a bunch to kim so he can have a photo op.Sure negotiate in good faith with kim but give up our readiness in the area for what? What did kim 'promise' other than that statement? Trust but verify..remember that. Maybe stand down the 10,000 pieces of artillery pointed at Seoul for no more joint exercises? Just an idea.

What exactly did trump win? And where were you when PRESIDENT Obama said he would do the same thing, talk to Kim, but you guys slammed him for talking to a 'madman'...my how things change.

OBTW scott, was this deal with NK better or worse than the one with Iran, ya know, the one trump trashed? How about any talk of NK support of terrorism? Gee, guess we missed that one too.
President Donald Trump, in the latest demonstration of increased tensions on the Korean Peninsula, placed North Korea back on the list of state sponsors of terrorism.
Last edited by Bustedknuckle on 14 Jun 2018 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 12:29

Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.


How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.


Doesn't exist, Scott. They're all 'game over' exchanges.

The monkey wrench is that the US thinks ... it can denuke the rest of the world ... after pioneering their birth, using them ... and multiplying them like baby rabbits ... while wanting to hold onto theirs.

WTF ... seriously?

Now ... if Trump did something really good ... ( eg. better than Clinton ... what was it, Scott?) . .. please let me know. I'm willing to be convinced. But if you can't ... fess up bro. You don't have to protect that guy ad nauseum if it doesn't feel right.


Of course...few mention that the idea is to denuclearize the Korean PENINSULA..that means no more nukes in South Korea(they are there now), No more US ships visiting SK(all US combat ships have nukes), no more submarines(all US subs have nukes), no more nuke umbrella(?). trump will conceed this stuff cuz rocketman, murderer of his 1/2 brother and uncle, jail keeper for 100,000 political prisoners, said so and trump 'trusts him'..
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re:

14 Jun 2018 12:52

Unchained wrote:Do you think Trump asked Kim what it was like to kill his brother? Does that make you a " tough guy" to murder your sibling?


So it’s war with NK then? Or just regime change? For the sake of the 25 million North Koreans.

It’s almost like we have never had to deal with unsavory characters.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,985
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 13:00

Scott SoCal wrote:
Unchained wrote:Do you think Trump asked Kim what it was like to kill his brother? Does that make you a " tough guy" to murder your sibling?


So it’s war with NK then? Or just regime change? For the sake of the 25 million North Koreans.

It’s almost like we have never had to deal with unsavory characters.


But you said if no deal, the sanctions would result in a regime change quickly. And how about the sake of 10 million in Seoul?
You didn't answer scott, 10,000 pieces of artillery pointed at Seoul, manned and ready, RIGHT NOW..but August joint exercises are 'provocative'. We gave up the farm, kim gave up nothing(when was the last time the US test fired an ICBM?)..kim's nukes are ready....trust but verify? Negotiate in good faith? Will joint exercises with NATO be on the table when trump talks to his other best friend? Putin..

And you called us gullible or naive. yikes.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jun 2018 13:08

trump's twin brother..another strong guy/fascist ...
If the Israeli leader’s obsession with image, illiberal tendencies, and legal troubles have echoes with those of his American counterpart, they’ve also forced similar reckonings. Prominent Likud members and other would-be Netanyahu allies are asking such questions as: What moral flaws are acceptable in a prime minister whose agenda one otherwise supports? Which institutions must be shielded from partisan attack? When does political combat start to damage the fabric of the democracy?


https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-14/israel-s-netanyahu-could-be-heading-for-a-fifth-term-or-to-court
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,685
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Back to top