Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

21 May 2017 11:22

blutto wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:Yes indeed, lots overlapage me thinks. The Principle of Symbolic Violence Truthiness Structuralz-Agency Dialectic Overlapage Qua Doxa Consciousness Thingies. Or PSVTSADOQDCT for short...

....that should be Thingees with two e's eh....

Cheers

domination is the shorthand actually.
aphronesis
Veteran

21 May 2017 11:43

aphronesis wrote:
blutto wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:Yes indeed, lots overlapage me thinks. The Principle of Symbolic Violence Truthiness Structuralz-Agency Dialectic Overlapage Qua Doxa Consciousness Thingies. Or PSVTSADOQDCT for short...

....that should be Thingees with two e's eh....

Cheers

domination is the shorthand actually.

....of course...everybody knows that....goes without saying....and so on and so forth eh....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 May 2017 11:54

not sure. velo, merx and others in the fact crowd will say it doesn't happen w/o someone's diary attestations.
aphronesis
Veteran

21 May 2017 18:50

But Trump is boorish, classless... lacks eloquence...

The (Kalifornia Democratic) convention comes less than a week after the U.S. Justice Department appointed a special prosecutor to investigate whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia during last year’s election — a charge Trump has vehemently denied and called a witch hunt.

In a sign of the vigor of the party’s distaste for the president, outgoing party Chair John Burton, a longtime Democratic lawmaker and powerbroker known for his blunt and profane manner, extended two middle fingers in the air as the crowd cheered and joined him.

“F--- Donald Trump,” he said.

https://apnews.com/78bb5d00a8e54f1daa14ff50d5f9f174

The State party that advocates regressive taxation just can't steer clear of Trump Election Result Denial-ism.

Stay classy Kalifornia.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

21 May 2017 19:17

Obama's class and eloquence always set off a visceral reaction. For me.

But some people like to be lied to.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

21 May 2017 19:38

Scott SoCal wrote:But Trump is boorish, classless... lacks eloquence...

The (Kalifornia Democratic) convention comes less than a week after the U.S. Justice Department appointed a special prosecutor to investigate whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia during last year’s election — a charge Trump has vehemently denied and called a witch hunt.

In a sign of the vigor of the party’s distaste for the president, outgoing party Chair John Burton, a longtime Democratic lawmaker and powerbroker known for his blunt and profane manner, extended two middle fingers in the air as the crowd cheered and joined him.

“F--- Donald Trump,” he said.

https://apnews.com/78bb5d00a8e54f1daa14ff50d5f9f174

The State party that advocates regressive taxation just can't steer clear of Trump Election Result Denial-ism.

Stay classy Kalifornia.

Ain't y'all seceeded yet?

----

Trump's speech today to the 55 Muslim countries. Guess we're going to arm a whole bunch of them to go fight their own war(s) with Iran. But yay, Merikan jobs!

Actually liked some of Trump's speech, and would like to see them have regional stability and promote some amount of religious tolerance and arrange their own fate without us interfering. But this does look like buildup to more future wars. Can't imagine the women's rights thing is going to be a sea change. Or that the CIA will stop making trouble in/for other countries.
“She lost the old-fashioned way, by being a terrible candidate. Case closed.”
Beech Mtn

Re: U.S. Politics

21 May 2017 19:41

blutto wrote:....this could be nothing or it could be huge or it could be Putinesque subterfuge ....

As explained by iBankCoin, the discovery of Seth Rich’s main account led to the discovery of his secondary account u/pandas4bernie, the existence of which confirms what we’ve all suspected for a long time: that Rich was a closet Bernie supporter. Rich really, really, really, REALLY loved pandas, his known Instagram handle was panda4progress, and both u/pandas4bernie and Rich’s main account u/MeGrimlock4 stopped posting right after his murder. They’re both him. This adds a great deal of weight to the argument that Rich was upset about the way Sanders was being cheated by the DNC and used his access as DNC Voter Expansion Director to pass Committee emails to late WikiLeaks director Gavin MacFadyen as an anonymous federal investigator is reported to have informed Fox News.

....and...

FlickMontana ‎@flickmontana

@caitoz Seth Rich's email was in a comment on his Reddit account, but it was edited out an hour ago.

2:22 AM - 20 May 2017

All of this could have been completely dismissed and denied in the public debate by proponents of the establishment narrative, if someone hadn’t had the sense to archive Seth Rich’s account before whoever edited it deleted the email address with Rich’s full name in it, linking him conclusively to the account u/MeGrimlock4

My theory, while I have your attention, is that Seth Rich was not just assassinated because he was the DNC leaker, but also because he knew he was the DNC leaker. America’s unelected power establishment wants to depose Assad to secure its crucial position in the fossil fuel battles and squeeze the Kremlin hard so it stops taking bold actions like allying with the Syrian government, annexing the strategically important Crimean peninsula, and collaborating with China to undermine the hegemony of the US dollar in that region. If Rich had been able to step forward and let everyone know that he was WikiLeaks’ source and not Russia, the American people would never consent to these potentially world-ending escalations with a nuclear superpower, and America’s deep state would lose geopolitical power and influence. Can’t have that. Dead men tell no tales

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/someone-just-edited-seth-richs-reddit-posts-b5f185b0aab

Cheers

Caitlyn was very pro-Bernie herself, and, IIRC, was one of the ones who tried to keep track of the primary shenanigans and stuff with electors and state conventions, etc.
Beech Mtn

21 May 2017 19:47

So Trump makes multi-billion deals with a country waging a dirty war against Yemen and treating women like inferior humanoids, but chastises Iran, a country that just re-elected a reformist. The future is looking bright.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/21/trumps-tough-talk-on-extremism-weakened-by-backing-for-autocracies
User avatar Jagartrott

21 May 2017 19:57

This news and a surprise? That Iranian revolution was a btsch.
aphronesis
Veteran

21 May 2017 21:25

Kim Dotcom‏Verified account @KimDotcom May 20

I'm meeting my legal team on Monday. I will issue a statement about #SethRich on Tuesday. Please be patient. This needs to be done properly.

I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the @Wikileaks source. I was involved.
Beech Mtn

Re:

21 May 2017 21:42

Beech Mtn wrote:

I'm meeting my legal team on Monday. I will issue a statement about #SethRich on Tuesday. Please be patient. This needs to be done properly.

I feel like I should get the popcorn ready.
BullsFan22

Re:

21 May 2017 21:44

Beech Mtn wrote:

....ooooo.....nice score....

....oh my, there seems to be some momentum building behind this story....if this plays out to prove a leak and not a hack, oooo-weee-baby this next week is gonna be interesting cause there is an awful lot of "capital"/money on the table backing hack...oh to be a fly on the wall in the head offices at the Trash and the Pest....

....wondering now if the Wheeler story/non-story was a pre-emptive gambit, you know, to "Dan Rather" the story ( which someone saw as potentially breaking )...

....would be a great time for Assange to break protocol and come to the table and throw down the trump card ( assuming of course he has the information to conclusively corroborate the leak story )....

Cheers

....and yes yes and yes on the popcorn...
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 May 2017 21:51

aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

21 May 2017 21:52

Jagartrott wrote:So Trump makes multi-billion deals with a country waging a dirty war against Yemen and treating women like inferior humanoids, but chastises Iran, a country that just re-elected a reformist. The future is looking bright.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/21/trumps-tough-talk-on-extremism-weakened-by-backing-for-autocracies

....don't think you've really been paying attention because if had your eyes open you'd notice the future hasn't been looking bright since like forever, well, to put a number on it, 1980 ( or if you really wanna go wild you could point to the end of WW2 )....

...given that, what is your point..?..exactly...?....that Trump is evil ?....dude, Merika has been running down that 4 lane highway a long time....

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 21 May 2017 22:12, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re:

21 May 2017 22:01

...yeah great article.....this is more or less how the Christian Right started, like in places like school boards, and small city councils....and this not unlike what was said by Ralph Nader in a CBC Radio interview I posted during the rise of Bernie ( where he said a strong and dedicated group of a 1000 people could make a substantive difference....you have to remember a 5% swing in either turnout or vote shift can cause an election landslide...)

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 May 2017 22:06

blutto wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:

....oh my, there seems to be some momentum building behind this story....if this plays out to prove a leak and not a hack, oooo-weee-baby this next week is gonna be interesting cause there is an awful lot of "capital"/money on the table backing hack...oh to be a fly on the wall in the head offices at the Trash and the Pest....

....wondering now if the Wheeler story/non-story was a pre-emptive gambit, you know, to "Dan Rather" the story ( which someone saw as potentially breaking )...

....would be a great time for Assange to break protocol and come to the table and throw down the trump card ( assuming of course he has the information to conclusively corroborate the leak story )....

Cheers

BullsFan22

21 May 2017 22:14

BullsFan22 wrote:
blutto wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:

Cheers

....what can I say, the piece wrote itself....I was just a humble cipher eh....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 May 2017 22:42

blutto wrote:
BullsFan22 wrote:
blutto wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:

Cheers

....what can I say, the piece wrote itself....I was just a humble cipher eh....

Cheers

Well, vicarious thrills aside, I'm sure you have something new to offer.

Trump's Saudi flight not a breakthrough.
aphronesis
Veteran

21 May 2017 22:48

User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran

21 May 2017 22:55

So what? They can't climb your mountain. You're a stand up guy everywher else; why not say something useful here?
aphronesis
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General