Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 13:14

Alpe73 wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
djpbaltimore wrote:I find it humorous that the party that was so smugly dragging the dems for "siding" with MS13 are now watching in horror as their dear leader gives tongue baths to KJU. His comments on fox are particularly egregious.

How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.

Doesn't exist, Scott. They're all 'game over' exchanges.

The monkey wrench is that the US thinks ... it can denuke the rest of the world ... after pioneering their birth, using them ... and multiplying them like baby rabbits ... while wanting to hold onto theirs.

WTF ... seriously?

Now ... if Trump did something really good ... ( eg. better than Clinton ... what was it, Scott?) . .. please let me know. I'm willing to be convinced. But if you can't ... fess up bro. You don't have to protect that guy ad nauseum if it doesn't feel right.

They're all 'game over' exchanges.

Really? No sh*t?

The monkey wrench is that the US thinks ... it can denuke the rest of the world ..

This passes for analysis? Think Libya. Not Russia.

I'm willing to be convinced.

I sincerely doubt it.

You don't have to protect that guy ad nauseum if it doesn't feel right.

Just as you don’t have to attack. It’s quite juxtaposition you find yourself in. You’ve brought up twice the US having used nukes. You seem to believe it’s likely to happen again maybe with the help of some inside baseball stuff. And here we have *alledgedly* some de-escalation and you are actively rooting for failure..... because the guy calling the shots on the side of the US is...., uh, out of his league or some such idiocy.

Xi is playing chess on the 48th level? Really? Or is it Putin? Merkel?

You keep telling yourself this. Of course your shrillness will increase but, ya know, rooting for failure tends to lead to theses things.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:16

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
1945 was a bit before my time. We could do it again. Kinda sounds like what you alarmists are pushing. Give peace a chance, eh? Or not. Just let me know when the end is near. I’m sitting on some exceptional libations And I would hate for it to go to waste.

Where were you when PRESIDENT Obama said that he would talk to anybody, even Kim, if it meant peace was a result. He was roundly hammered by the fools on trump TV(Faux news), most notably that fat moron hannity. Did you hammer him too? You like to do that but gee..this guy does the very same thing(altho with hugs and kisses) with kim and trump tv and the trumpistas are nothing but praise..my, my.
Don the dope quotes.
"North Korea has great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding cannons into the ocean... Wouldn't that make a great condo? ... You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea. You have China. And they own the land in the middle. How bad is that? Right? It's great."

"I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse."

On whether there was a recording of the meeting between Trump and Kim: “I don’t have to verify, I have one of the great memories of all time.”

Forehead slap....

The last guy said he’d do many things. Said he wouldn’t do many things. He tended not to keep his word.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:23

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Oh wait, the deep state, quiet coup, rears it's wee head again. Rude and dangerous and ignorant and has delusions that he's a king(I can absolutely pardon myself). Oh yes, a liar. Sexist, racist..and rude.

Dude, Hillary wasn’t elected.

If Hillary Is Indicted, President Clinton Could Pardon Herself and Congress Might be Helpless

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-hillary-is-indicted-president-clinton-could-pardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:30

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
MarkvW wrote:Trump announces that the US is suspending joint military exercises with South Korea.

That is nuts.

THE SAME DAY Vice President Pence tells Senate GOP leaders that military exercises in South Korea will continue!

This is madness!

Can't wait to see how the Trump apologists will spin this one.

trump pulled the 'no more war games'(and amazingly poor choice of words when dealing with a potential enemy), right outta his fat **** w/o talking to or consulting anybody..kinda like 'we'll be leaving Syria soon', and 'I know more about isis than my generals, believe me'..ah, no thanks, I don't. He's an idiot..surprise. I'll bet china loves the removal of a bunch of US forces on their doorstep..once again, trump is too dumb to know he's doing Xi's(and putin's) bidding..all for the cameras, for his alt right wacko 'deplorables', for faux news..what a surprise.

And today, NK says denuclearization is dependent upon ceasing antagonism.

And today, Trump declares that there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea.

Trump humiliates his own apologists on a daily basis.

Looking for a deal we should re-deploy our carriers there. Maybe fire a couple Tomahawks... blow some **** up. Make it clear we want a peace at all costs.

War isn’t the answer although it’s hard to tell with your nonsense.

Maybe wait and see, eh?

I never thought I would see you write things that criticize our military and their readiness requirements. Do ya suppose NK has stopped NK-China military exercises? How about the NK military as they deploy, shoot stuff and 'blow shite up'? How has kim shown he wants 'peace' except by saying what he said at the photo-op with trump?
The US didn't invade South Korea in June of 1950...South Korea nor the US has 10,000 artillery pieces STILL aimed and ready at Seoul RIGHT NOW.
Conventional wisdom states that Seoul would be destroyed in minutes by at least 10,000 North Korean artillery and rocket batteries that are now aimed from right across the Demilitarized Zone. Such guns are said to be capable of firing 500,000 rounds within a few minutes.

First, it’s worth noting that Trump’s promise to suspend war games did not appear to come with a comparable concession from the North Korean side. Instead, North Korea simply reiterated an existing commitment to denuclearization without specifying what that means or when it could happen. That appears to be a win for Kim and his backers in Beijing.

You, like trump are willing to not 'trust but verify' and start slapping your boy on the back. 'NK is no longer a nuke threat', really, by what measure? Nukes still there, still prepped, still capable of hitting your home town but the US must makes the concessions..ridiculous but not unexpected from you.

I’m not criticizing the military or their readiness. You have missed the point (again).

Your only problem isn’t with the de-escalating tensions. Your problem is who is getting it done. Again, war is better because it’s Trump who might be winning peace.

I’d say it pure hatred. Am I wrong?
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:30

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
Oh wait, the deep state, quiet coup, rears it's wee head again. Rude and dangerous and ignorant and has delusions that he's a king(I can absolutely pardon myself). Oh yes, a liar. Sexist, racist..and rude.

If Hillary Is Indicted, President Clinton Could Pardon Herself and Congress Might be Helpless

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-hillary-is-indicted-president-clinton-could-pardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/

Hillary who? OK, Ignore the kim/trump photofest/bromance/threesome(with putin)..Ignore the clear and present danger of NK TODAY, after don sacrifices US training and readiness(so expensive!!) so he can have pix taken of him. Fine, ignorance seems to be a recurring theme with trumpistas. Compare and contrast this fook-fest with Reagan and the USSR..please?
User avatar Bustedknuckle

14 Jun 2018 13:39

Scott SoCal wrote:
I’m not criticizing the military or their readiness. You have missed the point (again).

Your only problem isn’t with the de-escalating tensions. Your problem is who is getting it done. Again, war is better because it’s Trump who might be winning peace.

I’d say it pure hatred. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong, not 'pure' hatred. My problem was how it was 'done'(and nothing was really done). We gave away a needed, essential to readiness, exercise for what? What did kim give up? And why do you think, after 3 generations of NK leaders, this one is suddenly telling the truth? kim's military readiness is unchanged. His nuke forces are unchanged. All this cuz trump liked the hermit king..so he could have a photo op. Compare with Reagan and the USSR..trust but verify..maybe give up joint exercises when kim allows inspectors into his country, maybe when he stands down the 10,000 pieces of artillery armed, manned and on alert RIGHT NOW.

BTW sport..nobody dislikes 'war' more than those who must fight it..it isn't civilians who fight and die.

You never answered..did you whine when the muslim from Kenya say he would talk to anybody(including kim) if it meant peace? Didja?

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Unchained wrote:Do you think Trump asked Kim what it was like to kill his brother? Does that make you a " tough guy" to murder your sibling?

So it’s war with NK then? Or just regime change? For the sake of the 25 million North Koreans.

It’s almost like we have never had to deal with unsavory characters.

But you said if no deal, the sanctions would result in a regime change quickly. And how about the sake of 10 million in Seoul?
You didn't answer scott, 10,000 pieces of artillery pointed at Seoul, manned and ready, RIGHT NOW..but August joint exercises are 'provocative'. We gave up the farm, kim gave up nothing(when was the last time the US test fired an ICBM?)..kim's nukes are ready....trust but verify? Negotiate in good faith? Will joint exercises with NATO be on the table when trump talks to his other best friend? Putin..

And you called us gullible or naive. yikes.

Um, the sanctions are still in place. The peace process may have actually started. A good faith gesture was made.

Here’s a glimpse of how dumb your hair on fire analysis has become;

10,000 pieces of artillery pointed at Seoul, manned and ready, RIGHT NOW.

Ya, might be a good reason to ratchet down tensions.

but August joint exercises are 'provocative'

It’s now June. Cancelling a future excercise makes us less ready now. Got it. As a reminder, the economic squeeze is still a full-court press.

We gave up the farm,

Laughable. You let us know when pallets of currency show up to Pyongyang in the dead of night.

Code: Select all
Negotiate in good faith?

We’ll see.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Scott SoCal wrote:How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

I’m curious, since you don’t want diplomacy and you’ll do anything to keep a notch out of Trump’s win column, how do you, how do we benefit from a tactical nuclear exchange with NK and then probably China?

Please share.
I'm just getting warmed up. I haven't even touched on Trump saluting a foreign military officer or giving a full throated endorsement to the neo-confederate in VA or his claims that he met parents of Korean war vets during the campaign.

FWIW, his initial agreement with NK was a 'win' on its own merits. What he has said afterwards has been a defeat. You can't drag Trudeau for having a press conference and then whitewash the atrocities of a brutal regime like NK and expect to be above criticism.

Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
The President of the United States just gave an attaboy to Kim Jong Un for having the balls to take over his family’s management of a Stalinist dynasty running a starving prison camp.
Trump supporters will now tie themselves in knots explaining why it’s awesome that he did that.

Scott SoCal wrote:Dude, Hillary wasn’t elected.

A big difference is that she was not dumb enough to actually go around and talk about pardoning herself like Trump.
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore

14 Jun 2018 13:42

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

Hillary who? OK, Ignore the kim/trump photofest/bromance/threesome(with putin)..Ignore the clear and present danger of NK TODAY, after don sacrifices US training and readiness(so expensive!!) so he can have pix taken of him. Fine, ignorance seems to be a recurring theme with trumpistas. Compare and contrast this fook-fest with Reagan and the USSR..please?

The Trump pardoning himself was floated by the Hillary to keep people like you in her camp. It was never Don’s brain-child.

I’m sorry. I’m not a military guy. Can you tell me how cancelling an excercise a couple of months from now hurts our readiness today?
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:44

djpbaltimore wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:How fun. Is that the best you’ve got?

Please share.
I'm just getting warmed up. I haven't even touched on Trump saluting a foreign military officer or giving a full throated endorsement to the neo-confederate in VA or his claims that he met parents of Korean war vets during the campaign.

FWIW, his initial agreement with NK was a 'win' on its own merits. What he has said afterwards has been a defeat. You can't drag Trudeau for having a press conference and then whitewash the atrocities of a brutal regime like NK and expect to be above criticism.

Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
The President of the United States just gave an attaboy to Kim Jong Un for having the balls to take over his family’s management of a Stalinist dynasty running a starving prison camp.
Trump supporters will now tie themselves in knots explaining why it’s awesome that he did that.

Scott SoCal wrote:Dude, Hillary wasn’t elected.

A big difference is that she was not dumb enough to actually go around and talk about pardoning herself like Trump.

Oh good. I’ve missed Velocity.

she was not dumb enough to actually go around and talk about pardoning herself

Nope, she just had her lackeys do it for her. Aren’t you glad she didn’t actually win?
Last edited by Scott SoCal on 14 Jun 2018 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:45

Scott SoCal wrote:[quote="
Um, the sanctions are still in place. The peace process may have actually started. A good faith gesture was made.
Here’s a glimpse of how dumb your hair on fire analysis has become;

What good faith gesture has kim made? over to you...and please, not 'i promise'...the NK leaders have been lying for 3 generations.

14 Jun 2018 13:48

Bustedknuckle wrote:

What good faith gesture has kim made? over to you...and please, not 'i promise'...the NK leaders have been lying for 3 generations.

And there’s a great chance they will lie this time as well.

So you are for a war with NK then? Just say it.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:52

Huh.

Source: Associated Press

COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Two Norwegian lawmakers have nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after the Singapore summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen, lawmakers with the populist Progress Party, told Norwegian news agency NTB on Wednesday that Trump “had taken a huge and important step in the direction of the disarmament, peace and reconciliation between North and South Korea.”

Maybe the Nobel committee should just take back the one they gave to the last guy and give it to DJT.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 13:54

Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:

The Trump pardoning himself was floated by the Hillary to keep people like you in her camp. It was never Don’s brain-child.

I’m sorry. I’m not a military guy. Can you tell me how cancelling an excercise a couple of months from now hurts our readiness today?

Oh, I see and the birther nonsense was Clinton's idea too..got it.

I have been on 3 Korean/US joint exercises..Working with our OWN military(I was USN) is the epitome of difficult. Even different segments(like a USN fighter aircraft talking to a small combatant). USN/USArmy/USMC/USAF VERY difficult..US military/Foreign forces more so. Throw is HIGH personnel turnover, these joint exercises are essential if we really want to 'train like you fight, fight like you train'. Cancel one and many who need this training won't get it..because their tour is over. I know, pretty expensive and provocative. The BUT what did kim conceed in this negotiation? What, still waiting for any reasonable answer from you.
North Korean military
The KPA consists of five branches: Ground Force, the Navy, the Air Force, the Strategic Rocket Forces, and the Special Operation Force. The Worker-Peasant Red Guards also come under the control of the KPA.

The KPA faces its primary adversaries, the Republic of Korea Armed Forces and United States Forces Korea, across the Korean Demilitarized Zone, as it has since the Armistice Agreement of July 1953. As of 2016, with 5,889,000 paramilitary personnel, it is the largest paramilitary organization on Earth. This number serves as 25% of the North Korean population.

14 Jun 2018 13:57

Which is worse: The specter of nuclear war, or giving US president Donald Trump credit for a significant diplomatic accomplishment?

In her official statement on Trump’s Singapore summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, US House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi makes it clear that a few million incinerated human beings are a small price to pay to keep the 68-year-old Korean War going. Maybe not forever, but at least until there’s a Democrat in the White House.

“[T]he President handed Kim Jong-un concessions in exchange for vague promises that do not approach a clear and comprehensive pathway to denuclearization and non-proliferation,” Pelosi complains.

What were these dangerous “concessions?”

First, the US armed forces will, conditional upon progress toward North Korean denuclearization, stop conducting the threatening military exercises that they’ve conducted on North Korea’s border and off its coast since the 1953 ceasefire. Some “concession.” If US and South Korean forces aren’t prepared for a new outbreak of hostilities after 65 years of training, they never will be.

Secondly, again conditional upon North Korea holding up its end of the developing bargain, the US will provide “security guarantees.” Which means, the US and South Korea won’t invade North Korea, just like they haven’t invaded North Korea since 1953. Again, some “concession.”

Giving up the farm. I guess.

Would a Democratic president, at the kind of summit with North Korea’s ruler that Trump managed to swing — unlike any past president, Democrat or Republican — have refused those two obvious first-step “concessions?” Not a chance. They were the bare minimum, and if a Democrat had offered them, Pelosi would have publicly celebrated them as like unto the Second Coming.

“President Trump elevated North Korea to the level of the United States while preserving the regime’s status quo,” Pelosi continues, ignoring the fact that every president since Eisenhower has “preserved the regime’s status quo” — until Trump, who recognized, diplomatically speaking and in relation to the issue at hand, that North Korea is already at “the level of the United States.”

If the Korean War is going to be sorted out, it will be the belligerents — North Korea, South Korea, China and the United States, likely with significant input from Russia — doing the sorting.

But Pelosi, the Democratic Party, and the party’s allies in the media, would rather it NOT get sorted out.

That’s disgusting.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/14/north-korea-pelosi-versus-peace/

Last edited by Scott SoCal on 14 Jun 2018 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re:

14 Jun 2018 13:57

Scott SoCal wrote:Huh.

COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Two Norwegian lawmakers have nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize after the Singapore summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen, lawmakers with the populist Progress Party, told Norwegian news agency NTB on Wednesday that Trump “had taken a huge and important step in the direction of the disarmament, peace and reconciliation between North and South Korea.”

Maybe the Nobel committee should just take back the one they gave to the last guy and give it to DJT.

Old news, we know your opinion of PRESIDENT Obama is fueled by pure hatred.
djt-Helping a guy who has 100,000 of his own people in gulags, murders his 1/2 brother and uncle...yup, absolutely Nobel prize material. Lets not forget djt's human rights abuses..but those don't count..'it's rough in a lot of places'...

Re:

14 Jun 2018 14:03

Scott SoCal wrote:
Which is worse: The specter of nuclear war, or giving US president Donald Trump credit for a significant diplomatic accomplishment?

In her official statement on Trump’s Singapore summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, US House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi makes it clear that a few million incinerated human beings are a small price to pay to keep the 68-year-old Korean War going. Maybe not forever, but at least until there’s a Democrat in the White House.

“[T]he President handed Kim Jong-un concessions in exchange for vague promises that do not approach a clear and comprehensive pathway to denuclearization and non-proliferation,” Pelosi complains.

First, the US armed forces will, conditional upon progress toward North Korean denuclearization, stop conducting the threatening military exercises that they’ve conducted on North Korea’s border and off its coast since the 1953 ceasefire. Some “concession.” If US and South Korean forces aren’t prepared for a new outbreak of hostilities after 65 years of training, they never will be.

Secondly, again conditional upon North Korea holding up its end of the developing bargain, the US will provide “security guarantees.” Which means, the US and South Korea won’t invade North Korea, just like they haven’t invaded North Korea since 1953. Again, some “concession.”

Would a Democratic president, at the kind of summit with North Korea’s ruler that Trump managed to swing — unlike any past president, Democrat or Republican — have refused those two obvious first-step “concessions?” Not a chance. They were the bare minimum, and if a Democrat had offered them, Pelosi would have publicly celebrated them as like unto the Second Coming.

“President Trump elevated North Korea to the level of the United States while preserving the regime’s status quo,” Pelosi continues, ignoring the fact that every president since Eisenhower has “preserved the regime’s status quo” — until Trump, who recognized, diplomatically speaking and in relation to the issue at hand, that North Korea is already at “the level of the United States.”

If the Korean War is going to be sorted out, it will be the belligerents — North Korea, South Korea, China and the United States, likely with significant input from Russia — doing the sorting.

But Pelosi, the Democratic Party, and the party’s allies in the media, would rather it NOT get sorted out.

That’s disgusting.

This guy is as ignorant as you scott. 'Threatening military exercises'..nope, all the exercises that NK conducts everyday aren't 'threatening' at all, nor is the daily threat to Seoul. OBTW-who did invade whom in 1950 scott, I forget. This nonsense is the very definition of appeasement.

I love it, 'if Hillary were president, if the Dems controlled congress, if the Dems did this or that'...well, when PRESIDENT Obama wanted to talk to kim, he was roundly slammed by those who now kiss djt's fat ****.

THAT'S disgusting.

14 Jun 2018 14:06

Bustedknuckle wrote:

BUT what did kim conceed in this negotiation? What, still waiting for any reasonable answer from you.

Progress toward North Korean denuclearization. It could turn out to be a pretty big deal.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 14:09

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:Huh.

Old news, we know your opinion of PRESIDENT Obama is fueled by pure hatred.
djt-Helping a guy who has 100,000 of his own people in gulags, murders his 1/2 brother and uncle...yup, absolutely Nobel prize material. Lets not forget djt's human rights abuses..but those don't count..'it's rough in a lot of places'...

Obama could have been great. Really great. It’s true, I was exceptionally disappointed to find out how rigid his ideology turned out to be and how dishonest he is. But it wasn’t hatred. It was disappointment.

Contrast that hope with how you (and you aren’t alone) have behaved since the day DJT won the election. You never, ever had anything but hatred for the guy. Not one second of a chance or even a glimmer of hope he would succeed. And he’s had some successes - that are actually helping people who have needed it for some time - and you can’t even by happy for that.
Last edited by Scott SoCal on 14 Jun 2018 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 14:13

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:

That’s disgusting.

This guy is as ignorant as you scott. 'Threatening military exercises'..nope, all the exercises that NK conducts everyday aren't 'threatening' at all, nor is the daily threat to Seoul. OBTW-who did invade whom in 1950 scott, I forget. This nonsense is the very definition of appeasement.

I love it, 'if Hillary were president, if the Dems controlled congress, if the Dems did this or that'...well, when PRESIDENT Obama wanted to talk to kim, he was roundly slammed by those who now kiss djt's fat ****.

THAT'S disgusting.

Everybody rooting for the peace process to work is ignorant.

So, you are openly rooting for our economy to fail, Russia to be proven to have blown up our election process and a nuclear exchange with North Korea. All because Hillary didn’t win and DJT is rude.

You probably need to take a minute and re-think.
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General