Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

14 Sep 2017 12:28

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-rejects-rand-pauls-war-authorization-amendment/article/2634273

Many senators had deep reservations about Paul's amendment, which would have caused the authorizations to expire within six months and compelled Congress to take new votes on ongoing military operations in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and elsewhere.

The horror
Beech Mtn

Re:

14 Sep 2017 13:13

Beech Mtn wrote:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-rejects-rand-pauls-war-authorization-amendment/article/2634273

Many senators had deep reservations about Paul's amendment, which would have caused the authorizations to expire within six months and compelled Congress to take new votes on ongoing military operations in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen and elsewhere.

The horror

...indeed....!....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Sep 2017 13:15

....ouch....

"It is difficult to talk to people who confuse Austria and Australia. But there is nothing we can do about this; this is the level of political culture among part of the American establishment. As for the American people, America is truly a great nation if the Americans can put up with so many politically uncivilised people."

Vladimir Putin

Wow. Even though I have just written a commentary on the level of frustration and, frankly, contempt, the Russians are feeling towards their American counterparts, these words by Vladimir Putin are truly a slap in the face that will resonate around the world for a long time to come even if the imperial corporate media makes another herculean effort at not noticing them. I can only repeat what I said in my previous article, I have never ever heard anything even remotely resembling the kind of language coming out of Russia today.

....and just to be sure I gots my point across...

But the real story is the change in Russian rhetoric. It will be mostly lost on westerners who have long given up on taking what politicians say seriously and who are used to all sorts of antics from their leaders. But in a culture in which words count (and that includes all of Asia for starters) this change of tone will be immediately understood for what it is: the equivalent of a medieval slap in the face, a deliberate sign of disrespect and even a sign of total contempt and disgust.

http://thesaker.is/putin-it-is-difficult-to-talk-to-people-who-confuse-austria-and-australia/

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 14 Sep 2017 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 13:17

User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 13:24

....wow!....secret servers....a Democratic party connection....I vaguely remember something like this....but for some reason just can't place it.... :confused: ...help me people...please....and something about Handi-Wipes or some such thingee...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

Re: Re:

14 Sep 2017 13:25

The most inspiring part about that was that it came immediately after this:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/13/hillary-says-no-absolution-for-women-who-didnt-vote-for-her/

Don't believe me? Watch the video at the end of the article. No follow-up from Cooper. No calling her on her egotistic tunnelvision. Just let it stand and move to Yoga and breathing. Hillary is centered, y'all.
Beech Mtn

14 Sep 2017 13:35

Beech Mtn wrote:

The most inspiring part about that was that it came immediately after this:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/13/hillary-says-no-absolution-for-women-who-didnt-vote-for-her/

Don't believe me? Watch the video at the end of the article. No follow-up from Cooper. No calling her on her egotistic tunnelvision. Just let it stand and move to Yoga and breathing. Hillary is centered, y'all.

....absolution eh ?....I always thought that kinda stuff was strictly Pope level stuff....and frankly can't remember her getting the keys to that office....

....lord thundering jaysus, that ego simply has no bounds does it ?....which I guess makes it infinite....wow that is big....

...and Trump is supposed to be the egotistical nutcase...

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 13:36

Trump insists on repeatedly listing his electoral college numbers.
Hillary insists on repeating her flawed polling numbers.
The election that will not die.
Beech Mtn

Re:

14 Sep 2017 13:40

Beech Mtn wrote:Trump insists on repeatedly listing his electoral college numbers.

I think it's great. Let Hillary re-live her loss a thousand times.

Piers Morgan;

By the time I'd finished wading through Hillary's absurdly self-indulgent tome, I felt like I'd been lowered into a large vat of violently indignant, furiously self-justifying, boiling mad spittle.

Hillary is doing herself no favors with this prolonged, agonizing Loser tour.
In fact, with every new appearance she makes to complain ever more bitterly about the unfairness of her defeat, and to blame an ever longer list of people other than herself for it, she is further diminished.
More worryingly for the Democrats, what she is doing is causing huge damage to the party's chances of rebounding from the catastrophe of last November.
Hillary has become a walking, whining by-word for political disaster and carries with her an overpowering stench of electoral death.
This book is thus utterly pointless.
Nobody wants to hear any more about 'what happened'.
It happened, and we all know why. End.
Now please Hillary, for the love of God, just accept you blew it and shut up
Last edited by Scott SoCal on 14 Sep 2017 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 13:43

@Scott, Hillary is going to save Republicans and future elections from the evil Russians that meddled and did her in. She said so on CNN, so it must be true.

Beech Mtn

14 Sep 2017 13:48

That photo is disturbing.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 14:19

Scott SoCal wrote:That photo is disturbing.

wasn't it all that long ago, when a red star on one's forehead ...stood for a russian agent ? did she double cross everyone, including the DMC ? :lol:
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 14:20

Scott SoCal wrote:
Beech Mtn wrote:Trump insists on repeatedly listing his electoral college numbers.

I think it's great. Let Hillary re-live her loss a thousand times.

Piers Morgan;

By the time I'd finished wading through Hillary's absurdly self-indulgent tome, I felt like I'd been lowered into a large vat of violently indignant, furiously self-justifying, boiling mad spittle.

Hillary is doing herself no favors with this prolonged, agonizing Loser tour.
In fact, with every new appearance she makes to complain ever more bitterly about the unfairness of her defeat, and to blame an ever longer list of people other than herself for it, she is further diminished.
More worryingly for the Democrats, what she is doing is causing huge damage to the party's chances of rebounding from the catastrophe of last November.
Hillary has become a walking, whining by-word for political disaster and carries with her an overpowering stench of electoral death.
This book is thus utterly pointless.
Nobody wants to hear any more about 'what happened'.
It happened, and we all know why. End.
Now please Hillary, for the love of God, just accept you blew it and shut up

....as per stereotype this English dude guy is just way too fukcing polite.....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 14:27

The Pentagon is on a spending spree as it scrabbles to amass vast quantities of Soviet-style weapons and ammunition. But it’s running into problems sourcing them, and is using misleading legal documents to disguise their final destination: Syria.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/the-pentagon-s-2-2-billion-soviet-arms-pipeline-flooding-syria-09-12-2017

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 18:54

copperhead making deals with democrats.

Somehow everyone should have known or seen this coming.

The DACA business is not something they should keep getting wrong. The congress and senate should do their jobs and fix it. That don't mean deporting anyone, actually get together and fix it.

The repub's are going to feel stupid when somehow copperhead comes to a negotiations with their political enemy.

"good times"

Oh and by the way or AnyWho-----------word on the street last night was that quadfocals had trouble stepping up to that platform where cotton-top sits to do his nightly "show".
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 19:00

python wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:That photo is disturbing.

wasn't it all that long ago, when a red star on one's forehead ...stood for a russian agent ? did she double cross everyone, including the DMC ? :lol:

I think she will find out that her pall Debbbbbbbie Washingmachine Slitz, is going to be in a "spot of trouble" after her "I.T." person and family provide info / become witnesses against her. Could be interesting.

anyhow lets not lose the plot. Back to the Russians!
"disc brake enlightenment"
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

14 Sep 2017 19:02

Just so you all know, I have essentially been fired as a mod. Please do not reach out to me, or expect me to help resolve anything else on this board, especially this thread, where I felt I put a lot of effort into keeping things civil. But apparently others did not feel the same way.
User avatar Alpe d'Huez
Veteran

Re:

14 Sep 2017 19:21

Alpe d'Huez wrote:Just so you all know, I have essentially been fired as a mod. Please do not reach out to me, or expect me to help resolve anything else on this board, especially this thread, where I felt I put a lot of effort into keeping things civil. But apparently others did not feel the same way.

...well that is sweet, not !....very sorry to see you forced out of your position....geez a power play on the CN Forums, kinda like fighting for 59th place in a Cat 5 sprint....bravo,nice move guys...tossing out one of the nicest guys to ever grace the pages of this mad house, and who has put in some serious and much appreciated effort for just "the love of the sport"...

...can hardly wait for act deux of this sad saga...

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 14 Sep 2017 19:57, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General