Log in:  

Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jul 2017 12:44

.....file under just sayin' eh....

There’s no shortage of other and terrible things to cover, God knows. The list of horrors that deserve lead-story status from one night to the next is daunting. I could fill pages listing them,....


....so here is a thought for all the purveyors of mindless gibberish go find things of substance and scream about those....like we understand that the anti-Russia brigade and their various camp followers will be really upset if they can't maintain the war machine and the money it spews out.....but there are other concerns in the world beyond shiny weapons and making sure the world is well stocked with super yachts and think tanks....

....read, do something beyond screaming at Russia....read again, you have been sold a bridge on the Russia file, it is a monstrous lie, turn to something that actually matters...


Global capitalism has so savagely concentrated wealth upwards that five absurdly opulent people now have as much net worth between them as the bottom half of humanity,

* The top tenth of the U.S. upper One Percent owns as much wealth as the bottom U.S. 90 percent, along with a giant, outsized share of the nation’s plutocratically (s)elected officials in a nation that has become an open corporate-financial oligarchy.

* 15 million children (21% of all U.S. children, including 4 in 10 Black and Native American children) live at less than the federal government’s notoriously inadequate poverty level (more than 1 in 10 U.S. children ages 0-9 is living at less than half that level).

* Half the U.S. population is poor or near-poor and lacks any assets.

* Median Black U.S. net worth is less than seven cents on the median U.S. white wealth dollar.

* The U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in world history, achieved in ways so deeply racist that 1 in 3 adult U.S. adult Black males is saddled with the crippling lifelong mark of a felony record.

* The U.S. dedicates more than half of its discretionary federal spending to a giant military empire that transfers wealth upwards while killing millions the world over and accounting for more than 40 percent of global military spending.

* The U.S. interferes in the political process of countless nations across the world

* The U.S. is leading the planet over the environmental cliff through the championing of endless growth and attendant “anthropogenic” – really capitalogenic – climate destruction.

Stuff like that. I could go on. (More on the capitalist destruction of life on Earth below).

But no, Judy and the NewsHour join in the New York Times-, Washington Post- and CNN-led chorus of Russia Trumps All.


https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/07/14/russia-trumps-ecocide-at-the-petroleum-broadcasting-system/

....note to the local purveyors of shrill gibberish....look, Reagan was a joke, Bush 1 was the head of a major crime family, Clinton was a world class corrupt crook, Bush 2 was a colossal idiot and a dry drunk, Obama was a talking head/common camp follower ....and Cheetolini is a clown....do youse guys see a pattern here, you have been led by corrupt cretins , thieves, idiots, and fools for decades...so here is a thought, do something about that situation instead of just reading from the fukcing cue cards...cause if you don't there are lots more losers in the officially recognized on-deck circle to continue to lead you down the garden path ( which btw ends at the lip of a very tall cliff )....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jul 2017 12:50

BullsFan22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,800
Joined: 22 Jun 2010 21:19

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 13:31

python wrote:
blutto wrote:
gobuck wrote:There is, of course, a difference between supporting Trump and being very disturbed with an all-out attempt at the overthrow of a freely elected US president.
you didn't seem concerned when this was happening to Obama. I see what you did there.
Always changing the narrative to fit your objective.


....gosh, aren't you the clever one to see right thru that....guys we is in the presence of something real special here...damn !....

Cheers
low post count...awkward to being funny at projecting a balance...rude and accusatory ideologue..

a phd ? in anything aleppo ?

I think you just about gave the sum of what is going on.

Thought it was rather rude to call people bot's but considering stooge was used I guess not.

they are shallow and have a lack of reading skills along with a serious lack of comprehension. So sad the way things turn out for some folks.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,220
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jul 2017 14:15

blutto wrote:.....file under just sayin' eh....

There’s no shortage of other and terrible things to cover, God knows. The list of horrors that deserve lead-story status from one night to the next is daunting. I could fill pages listing them,....


....so here is a thought for all the purveyors of mindless gibberish go find things of substance and scream about those....like we understand that the anti-Russia brigade and their various camp followers will be really upset if they can't maintain the war machine and the money it spews out.....but there are other concerns in the world beyond shiny weapons and making sure the world is well stocked with super yachts and think tanks....

....read, do something beyond screaming at Russia....read again, you have been sold a bridge on the Russia file, it is a monstrous lie, turn to something that actually matters...


Global capitalism has so savagely concentrated wealth upwards that five absurdly opulent people now have as much net worth between them as the bottom half of humanity,

* The top tenth of the U.S. upper One Percent owns as much wealth as the bottom U.S. 90 percent, along with a giant, outsized share of the nation’s plutocratically (s)elected officials in a nation that has become an open corporate-financial oligarchy.

* 15 million children (21% of all U.S. children, including 4 in 10 Black and Native American children) live at less than the federal government’s notoriously inadequate poverty level (more than 1 in 10 U.S. children ages 0-9 is living at less than half that level).

* Half the U.S. population is poor or near-poor and lacks any assets.

* Median Black U.S. net worth is less than seven cents on the median U.S. white wealth dollar.

* The U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in world history, achieved in ways so deeply racist that 1 in 3 adult U.S. adult Black males is saddled with the crippling lifelong mark of a felony record.

* The U.S. dedicates more than half of its discretionary federal spending to a giant military empire that transfers wealth upwards while killing millions the world over and accounting for more than 40 percent of global military spending.

* The U.S. interferes in the political process of countless nations across the world

* The U.S. is leading the planet over the environmental cliff through the championing of endless growth and attendant “anthropogenic” – really capitalogenic – climate destruction.

Stuff like that. I could go on. (More on the capitalist destruction of life on Earth below).

But no, Judy and the NewsHour join in the New York Times-, Washington Post- and CNN-led chorus of Russia Trumps All.


https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/07/14/russia-trumps-ecocide-at-the-petroleum-broadcasting-system/

....note to the local purveyors of shrill gibberish....look, Reagan was a joke, Bush 1 was the head of a major crime family, Clinton was a world class corrupt crook, Bush 2 was a colossal idiot and a dry drunk, Obama was a talking head/common camp follower ....and Cheetolini is a clown....do youse guys see a pattern here, you have been led by corrupt cretins , thieves, idiots, and fools for decades...so here is a thought, do something about that situation instead of just reading from the fukcing cue cards...cause if you don't there are lots more losers in the officially recognized on-deck circle to continue to lead you down the garden path ( which btw ends at the lip of a very tall cliff )....

Cheers


You're wrong B: Trump is an embarassment and Russians have undermined democracy.

Keep the dream alive.

@SF, get back to later: can't type on the phone, here, or now.
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,203
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re: U.S. Politics

14 Jul 2017 14:58

....oh, and this....

Thanks to digitalization and the many ways in which computers nowadays are able to communicate with each other, state and non-state actors can meddle – or worse – more effectively than in the past.

Inasmuch as quality emerges out of quantity, as dialecticians inspired by Hegel would say, meddling has therefore become qualitatively more problematic than it used to be.

Thus, with Cold War insanity coming back into vogue — promoted by the entire political class, no longer just by Clinton retainers, and by the media flacks who serve them — meddling is taking new forms.

Some things don’t change, however. As long as it keeps spending more money on “defense” than the Russians do, the United States will retain the dominant position. Despite the best efforts of Cold Warriors to scare Americans into acquiescence, everyone now concedes that this was how it was with nuclear weapons and missiles and much else during the original Cold War. It is how it is today too, now that cyber weapons are added into the mix.

Nevertheless, as in the past, the War Party’s spokespersons will insist that we are not spending nearly enough. Lying through their teeth, JFK and his people concocted a “missile gap” some six decades ago. No one should be surprised, with the 2018 midterm elections looming, when a “cyber weapons gap” opens up.

The death merchants and mad dog generals must be salivating at the prospect. Silicon Valley plus the military-industrial complex, Eisenhower’s euphemism for death merchants and military brass, now dominate the real economy. Over them all, there is Wall Street; a far greater menace now than in Eisenhower’s time. The too-big-to-fail-or-jail miscreants there must be salivating most of all.

It was public opinion that made the original Cold War possible, and so it is again. This is why the “liberal press” has been pulling out all the stops – vilifying Russia and demonizing its President.

But there are at least two reasons why they will have a harder time getting the result they want now than their counterparts had long ago.

For one, they don’t have a President on board this time, except occasionally when all the stars are lined up right. Unlike his post-War predecessors, from Truman on, Trump has no geopolitical goals. Instead, he wants to make “deals” that he thinks will make him look good, but that will only make him richer.

Trump is no more anti-imperialist than Cecil Rhodes, and he doesn’t have an internationalist bone in his body. But, during the campaign, he did find it expedient to strike a kind of pre-War isolationist pose.

Since that could in principle lead him sometimes to do the right thing — albeit for bad, even noxious reasons – there were a few observers who were inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. Inasmuch as the alternative was a continuation of the liberal imperialism of the Obama era, who could blame them?

What they actually did, however, was give Trump way too much credit. The man has no ideological convictions to speak of. For all practical purposes, his mind is a blank slate, susceptible to being swayed by whomever he talked to last or by the last pundit he watched on TV.

However, where Russia is concerned, he did, and still does, seem to have sounder instincts than his rivals. For Trump, instincts are all; and his instincts are dangerously off on almost everything. But not on this.

No doubt, his business involvements have a lot to do with it. So, very likely, does the fact that he could care less what others think. It probably also helps that he has no ties to the foreign policy establishment or to the so-called deep state.

Whatever the reasons, Trump does seem less in thrall to the delusions that shape this latest outbreak of Russophobia in political and media circles than other politicians at the national level. Indeed, even at this late date, he actually does seem to want to diminish, not exacerbate, tensions between the world’s two major nuclear powers.

Bravo to him for that.

The other reason why Cold Warriors today have their work cut out for them, in ways that their counterparts after the Second World War did not, is that the justifications they are obliged to offer for treating Russia as an enemy are preposterous on their face.


And so, an Iron Curtain descended over the Soviet Union and its “satellites,” just as he said it would — making it possible for the “free world’s” propagandists to spin all kinds of yarns about Communist “subversion” and ill intent.

Cyber curtains are harder to construct. What could previously be kept opaque is therefore now ineluctably clear to anyone who cares to look.

This is why all the brouhaha over Russian meddling in the 2016 election would hardly even merit discussion, but for the fact that the stakes are so high, and because so many gullible people take it seriously.

Never mind that nothing actually came from the alleged meddling, except further confirmation of what everybody already knew: that the DNC, the Democratic National Committee, was working hard to assure that the Sanders insurgency would be defeated, and that Hillary Clinton would be the party’s nominee.

Leave aside too the glaring hypocrisy of the United States, of all countries, objecting to election meddling. Evidently, the consensus view among mainstream politicians and in mainstream media circles too is that, in the United States, “what’s sauce for the goose” is emphatically not also “sauce for the gander.”


https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/07/14/russiagate/

....the whole thing is worth a read not that there is a chance the gibbering morans ( yeah you are all morans now ....on both sides of the aisle...) are going to bother cause that would produce some potentially fatal cognitive dissonance....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

14 Jul 2017 15:41

I enjoy reading everyone's point of view but since I don't post much I guess I shouldn't ask a question and if I do, I shouldn't expect an answer.
P.S. I didn't vote for Obama in 2012 and didn't like Hillary but trump is a 12 year old bully, who can't control himself.
gobuck
Junior Member
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 15:17

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 15:46

Unchained wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
Unchained wrote:When will the questions be answered? Was your earlier criticism of France, French politics, French political candidates beneficial to French-American relationships?
Was commenting on the French first lady's physical appearance appropriate or beneficial in any way?
Are you really this out of control?

Trump's faithful audience will never see the damage he is doing to our country and the office of the Presidency.
Everyone else does.. worldwide.


Now might be a great time to put down the crack pipe. WTF are you talking about?

In between puffs on his rock or ice pipe.. your president told the French first lady" you're in such good shape". He said that..not fake news..
What the rest is about is a man who tore apart Paris and France in general and has now completely forgot about all the schit, he talked earlier..his first statements to the French people and president should have been "I am sorry"..there is still time.
Why does Kushner and Trump's out of F-ing control attorney still have jobs?
Have you read about the porn tape that Kushner father sponsored? And then sent to his own daughter? The acorns are not falling far from the tree


Are you American?

He said that..not fake news.


So what?

Why does Kushner and Trump's out of F-ing control attorney still have jobs?


Because it's not up to you. But... so what?

Have you read about the porn tape that Kushner father sponsored? And then sent to his own daughter?



So you will now attach the father's misdeeds to the son? There's no bottom of the barrel, is there?

In the summer of 2004, Kushner was fined $508,900 by the Federal Election Commission for contributing to political campaigns in the names of his partnerships when he lacked authorization to do so.[12] In 2005, following an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey,[13] U.S. Attorney Chris Christie negotiated a plea agreement with Kushner, under which he pleaded guilty to 18 counts of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.[14] The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators; Kushner hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.[15][16][17][14] Kushner was sentenced to two years in prison[15] and served 14 months at Federal Prison Camp, Montgomery in Alabama[18][19] before being sent to a halfway house in Newark, New Jersey, to complete his sentence.[18][19][20] He was released from prison on August 25, 2006.[21]

As a result of his convictions, Kushner was disbarred, prohibited from practicing law in New Jersey,[22] New York,[23] and Pennsylvania.[24]



Ya know, Bill Clinton was disbarred and remains to this day a serial liar. I guess we can eliminate Chelsea from any future political consideration.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,126
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re:

14 Jul 2017 15:50

gobuck wrote:I enjoy reading everyone's point of view but since I don't post much I guess I shouldn't ask a question and if I do, I shouldn't expect an answer.
P.S. I didn't vote for Obama in 2012 and didn't like Hillary but trump is a 12 year old bully, who can't control himself.


Hey man, the more the merrier. I don't think anybody here is shy and will express their opinion, like you did here;

Always changing the narrative to fit your objective.


I'm curious to know what you think my objective is. Anytime you are ready.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,126
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re:

14 Jul 2017 16:00

gobuck wrote:I enjoy reading everyone's point of view but since I don't post much I guess I shouldn't ask a question and if I do, I shouldn't expect an answer.
P.S. I didn't vote for Obama in 2012 and didn't like Hillary but trump is a 12 year old bully, who can't control himself.


....."we came, we saw , he died", chorkle, giggle, tee hee ( I think I just peed in my knickers ).....I think the clown was the less worse choice ( maybe it could just boil to some deep-seated problem I have with psychopaths, you know, it happens...I mean Odrone was a psychopath but methinks this is a few levels deeper....somewhere in the space that Ted Bundy played in....that being said in terms of death count Bundy was a mere sandlot player and Killbilly is definitely a Hall of Famer... )....

.....and here, lets just relive that magic moment shall we...you know, just to establish a baseline.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

....not to put too fine point on this but its hard to look at that video and not come away with the realization that Shillbilly is a stark raving fukcing lunatic.....and to think half of the voters were actually comfortable with having her with access to the nuclear "trigger"....maybe that explains why they have swallowed the Russia hysteria hook line and sinker....read they are gullible idiots ( out of the useful variety section of the grocery store...like can I please have a latte with my daily dose of stupid... )....

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 14 Jul 2017 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,220
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

14 Jul 2017 16:43

your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.
gobuck
Junior Member
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 15:17

Re:

14 Jul 2017 16:48

gobuck wrote:your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.

Surely if you are a republican then the republican agenda will almost always be good for the country in your eyes.
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,717
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re:

14 Jul 2017 16:49

gobuck wrote:your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.

When you post that everyone is bot's for their opinion's when it comes to the copperhead and Russia then don't expect everyone to just back away. This thread is not ever been operated like that.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,220
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

14 Jul 2017 16:50

This President out doing good at this age! Nice to see it was just dehydration. Probably because those soviet Canadians would not allow him any of their water.

https://www.stripes.com/spokeswoman-jimmy-carter-out-of-hospital-after-rehydration-1.477884#.WWj054TythF
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,220
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

14 Jul 2017 16:52

Q: How many foreign agents does it take to change a light bulb in a sketchy meeting with a lot of DJT's staff members/advisers?
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 480
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

Re:

14 Jul 2017 16:57

gobuck wrote:your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.


I'm not a Republican. One of the reasons I have been enjoying the Trump escapades is the net effect of what his candidacy/electoral victory has done to the R party. The McCain super hawk wing, the George Will/Bill Kristol big money, Koch Bros influence (or lack thereof)....

Trump essentially dropped a grenade into the GOPe. Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch.

Feel free to try again.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,126
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 17:01

Brullnux wrote:
gobuck wrote:your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.

Surely if you are a republican then the republican agenda will almost always be good for the country in your eyes.


It depends.

I'm libertarian on most social issues. I'm for limited government. I'm pro business. I don't think government can solve most problems.

In those four sentences only one is in line with the GOPe.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,126
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 17:15

Scott SoCal wrote:
Brullnux wrote:
gobuck wrote:your objective is to promote the republican agenda no matter if it is good or bad for the country.

Surely if you are a republican then the republican agenda will almost always be good for the country in your eyes.


It depends.

I'm libertarian on most social issues. I'm for limited government. I'm pro business. I don't think government can solve most problems.

In those four sentences only one is in line with the GOPe.

Yeah I know you aren't a republican, but I imagine if someone were a dyed in the wool republican, then everything they do is in the interest of the nation.
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,717
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 17:25

Brullnux wrote:

Yeah I know you aren't a republican, but I imagine if someone were a dyed in the wool republican, then everything they do is in the interest of the nation.


As opposed to to the other side.... then yeah. Although I sincerely doubt that most agree with every plank or policy, even if dyed in the wool. Same is true for the other side.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,126
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

14 Jul 2017 17:43

Scott SoCal wrote:
Brullnux wrote:

Yeah I know you aren't a republican, but I imagine if someone were a dyed in the wool republican, then everything they do is in the interest of the nation.


As opposed to to the other side.... then yeah. Although I sincerely doubt that most agree with every plank or policy, even if dyed in the wool. Same is true for the other side.

Of course, but my point was trying to point out that gobuck's claim is slightly illogical. After all, everyone has an 'agenda' (i.e a point of view or opinion) and will try to push it. A republican will have a similar point of view to the GOP so push their agenda. There isn't anything wrong in that per se.
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,717
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re:

14 Jul 2017 18:02

GraftPunk wrote:Q: How many foreign agents does it take to change a light bulb in a sketchy meeting with a lot of DJT's staff members/advisers?

no agents unless President Obama's DOJ were giving out reset buttons and special exceptions to visa's. :lol:
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,220
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Semper Fidelis and 4 guests

Back to top