Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

09 Mar 2018 18:02

ScienceIsCool wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Of course when I pointed that out to you, you carried on.

No, I wasn’t arguing that water is wet. I was leading the discussion somewhere that you didn’t follow but instead decided to hump my leg for a day. Spare me the statistics please. Maybe a critical reading course would be in order. You and Lupi could get a group rate.

Hey, it's not my fault you're a terrible communicator.

John Swanson

I specifically said take it to PM. The fault is you can’t read what I say w/o emotion. Deal.

And you apologize to everyone, but carry on. So your word is worthless.
aphronesis
Veteran

09 Mar 2018 18:35

aphronesis wrote:
ScienceIsCool wrote:
aphronesis wrote:Of course when I pointed that out to you, you carried on.

No, I wasn’t arguing that water is wet. I was leading the discussion somewhere that you didn’t follow but instead decided to hump my leg for a day. Spare me the statistics please. Maybe a critical reading course would be in order. You and Lupi could get a group rate.

Hey, it's not my fault you're a terrible communicator.

John Swanson

I specifically said take it to PM. The fault is you can’t read what I say w/o emotion. Deal.

And you apologize to everyone, but carry on. So your word is worthless.

looks at his inbox. 0 Messages... Looks to the left. Hmmm. Doesn't say you're a moderator... BTW, did you know that Coca Cola and race overlap?

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

09 Mar 2018 18:45

The full quote was take it to PM according to your own logic. Not my edict. Moderators enforce protocols that we all agree on. That’s political. So I’m in my rights to suggest you practice what you preach. But we know your word is worthless.

I did know that. It’s the global expansion of commodities. Not unrelated to the imperialist discussion that you still can’t grasp. Why would I PM you. The guy who argues with links he hasn’t read. It was a rhetorical move, superficially designed to move the debate and you threw yourself at it. I get that you’re hung up on the literal, but why persist?
aphronesis
Veteran

09 Mar 2018 21:03

Bustedknuckle wrote:Lupi is loopy.

Basket of deplorables..trump voters all...kinda like, ya know...

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/groups

Are you sure he voted for Trump?

viewtopic.php?p=1857590#p1857590

Not that he didn't want to vote for Trump it's just he's ineligible?
Elagabalus

10 Mar 2018 02:29

Quoting SPLC, a new low for this place.

Meanwhile reports are now emerging there is an open FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
Lupi33x

Re:

10 Mar 2018 03:38

Lupi33x wrote:Quoting SPLC, a new low for this place.

Meanwhile reports are now emerging there is an open FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Well that's good. A few months old actually. One more reason why Obama will just take flat speaking fees for having pimped feel-good neoliberalism.

Anyway

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/03/09/trumps-travesty-of-protectionism/
aphronesis
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 04:58

aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:Quoting SPLC, a new low for this place.

Well that's good. A few months old actually. One more reason why Obama will just take flat speaking fees for having pimped feel-good neoliberalism.

Anyway

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/03/09/trumps-travesty-of-protectionism/

The rumors to which you refer are older than a few months scoop.
I'm referring to reports in mainstream media.
Lupi33x

Re:

10 Mar 2018 05:51

"according to people familiar with the matter" = rumors

We now have solid evidence (of investigation) as lawyers have come forward.
Lupi33x

10 Mar 2018 06:01

The problem with recent FBI investigations regarding the Clintons is they seem to be a white wash rather than a genuine attempt to bring justice.
I'd like to see an FBI investigation into the Pakistani ISI spy ring in congress allegations - but what FBI are we going to get and what judges are going to adjudicate...
Lupi33x

Re:

10 Mar 2018 06:03

Lupi33x wrote:The problem with recent FBI investigations regarding the Clintons is they seem to be a white wash rather than a genuine attempt to bring justice.
I'd like to see an FBI investigation into the Pakistani ISI spy ring in congress allegations - but what FBI are we going to get and what judges are going to adjudicate...

What would you gain from that personally?
aphronesis
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 06:06

aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:The problem with recent FBI investigations regarding the Clintons is they seem to be a white wash rather than a genuine attempt to bring justice.

What would you gain from that personally?

Whats it to you?
Lupi33x

10 Mar 2018 06:12

You need an apostrophe tough guy. Nothing to me. I thought you had reams to speak about politics. Yet when asked or pressed (or left alone) you can't speak them.
aphronesis
Veteran

Re:

10 Mar 2018 06:18

aphronesis wrote:You need an apostrophe tough guy. Nothing to me. I thought you had reams to speak about politics. Yet when asked or pressed (or left alone) you can't speak them.

You're making it personal again. Why are you so hostile? What's your problem?
Lupi33x

10 Mar 2018 06:31

Lupi33x wrote:
aphronesis wrote:You need an apostrophe tough guy. Nothing to me. I thought you had reams to speak about politics. Yet when asked or pressed (or left alone) you can't speak them.

No. You make it personal. I reflect to you. I invite you again to revisit your initial posts to this thread. And your blanket statements. Or even your last post to me yesterday. What "ideas" have you challenged?

You can't even write more than two sentences.
aphronesis
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 06:37

aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:

No. You make it personal. I reflect to you. I invite you again to revisit your initial posts to this thread. And your blanket statements. Or even your last post to me yesterday. What "ideas" have you challenged?

(insults highlighted in bold)

The old I know you are but what am I line. Tiresome elementary school level retort.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your online persona is making the world a better place or whether you're just a nihilistic drainbow spreading your personal misery onto others. Its your choice who you want to be.

I'm really not interested in engaging with your bitterness any further.
Last edited by Lupi33x on 10 Mar 2018 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Lupi33x

10 Mar 2018 06:38

Go Sigmund!

Tell you what, snowflake , why don't you actually try responding to the substantive point in aphro's post rather than just taking the easy way out and claiming offence.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

10 Mar 2018 06:41

Lupi33x wrote:
aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:

The old I know you are but what am I line. Tiresome elementary school level retort.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your online persona is making the world a better place or whether you're just a nihilistic drainbow spreading your personal misery onto others. Its your choice who you want to be.

Politics Canada (sorry, lupi), focus.

I am who I prefer to be, but I strive to improve it daily. The reality is that there are people in life and online who say "aphro is an *******, but he's often on point", so it goes. I can live with that.

What have you got?
aphronesis
Veteran

10 Mar 2018 06:45

aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:
aphronesis wrote:
Lupi33x wrote:

Politics Canada (sorry, lupi), focus.

I am who I prefer to be, but I strive to improve it daily. The reality is that there are people in life and online who say "aphro is an *******, but he's often on point", so it goes. I can live with that.

What have you got?

It seems to me you place too much importance in your E-cred. Its speaks to a level of insecurity on your part.
I couldn't give a damn what other people think of me, I'm more interested in discussing the issues.
Lupi33x

10 Mar 2018 06:47

I place no stake on the e-cred that keeps haunting you. Get to it! Which issues?
aphronesis
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General