Log in:  

Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 20:50

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:
Scott SoCal wrote:Huh, looks like kids held under the Obama admin were there sometimes for months, interrogated about drug cartel use of them then returned back to Mexico and Central America with no idea of what became of them.

Sounds like something we shouldn’t do anything about, right Chewy? Yeah, just throw our hands up in the air and declare the problem is unfixable.

Solid, solid position.

LAREDO, Tex. — Last spring, as Central American children flooded into Texas in a way he had never seen in his three-decade career, Border Patrol agent Robert Harris decided to experiment.

His intelligence analysts estimated that 78 percent of the guides smuggling other migrants were Mexicans younger than 18 — teenagers often hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught — and he wanted to attack this loophole.

“Why don’t we remove these juveniles from the smuggling cycle?” Harris, the outgoing commander of the Laredo sector of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, recalled thinking.

Now, as a result of that decision, young Mexicans are being held for months without charge in shelters across the United States, sometimes without their parents’ knowledge. Since the program began in May, 536 juveniles have been held — 248 of whom have been deported to Mexico after an average stay of 75 days, according to Border Patrol statistics. Mexican authorities say some of these repeat border-crossers have spent as much as six months in U.S. custody while they await an appearance before an immigration judge.


During their detention, they are questioned by U.S. authorities and then transferred to a network of facilities run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, across 15 states. While confined, they undergo psychological evaluations and take English courses. Some are allowed tourist-type activities, such as going to the beach or museums, according to Mexican consular officials in Texas. At least one youth earned a high school general equivalency diploma.


But the little-known program, called the Juvenile Referral Process, has worried human rights groups and some Mexican officials who fear that it puts the children at risk. They view it as a way for U.S. authorities to gather intelligence about cartels and think it endangers the children who could be targeted as informants when they return to Mexico. Some question the legality of the extended detentions.


”Our concern is that the program’s real intent is to interrogate the kids,” said Maureen Meyer, an expert on Mexico and migrants at the Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA). The kids are “often questioned about the criminal groups they are working for and then subsequently returned to Mexico with no apparent concern about the implications for them.”


And before you get all wound up, it’s on the front page of Drudge, which, ya know, is one of the most highly traffic’d Websites on the planet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexican-kids-held-for-months-as-punishment-for-border-crossing/2015/03/10/311d319a-b2f2-11e4-bf39-5560f3918d4b_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b334e75446ba


I notice you left out this quote, you dishonest POS: "During their detention, they are questioned by U.S. authorities and then transferred to a network of facilities run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, across 15 states. While confined, they undergo psychological evaluations and take English courses. Some are allowed tourist-type activities, such as going to the beach or museums, according to Mexican consular officials in Texas. At least one youth earned a high school general equivalency diploma.

'We haven’t heard of any mistreatment,' said Erasmo R. Martinez, Mexico’s consul in McAllen, Tex."

EDIT: After reading the entire article, your characterization is so dishonest, that it makes my head want to explode. If this is what you've got to use to avert criticism of Trump, you really are desperate. Your comparison is so incredibly deficient, that you've once again proved that you're a joke. A bad joke, but a joke nonetheless.


Hey dipshit, you are the only one comparing. Are you capable of understanding the whole thing is awful even under Obama?

I posted the f”ing link. Told you where to find it. I could have guessed you would read it.

The immigration system we currently have is woeful and broken. It has been longer than you have been consuming oxygen. It’s well past time to fix this for everyone involved.

That’s my position. Now go... ____ yourself.


Hey dipsh!t, I didn't bring up Obama (like you always do), you did, you dishonest POS. The comparison began because of that, not anything I raised.


Here’s what kicked if off. But I’m dishonest. Since you didn’t do it right the first time, go F yourself.


BTW, I see you're staying away from the subject of separating children from their parents at the border...good call, that one's hard to defend (and please don't post the bulls**t about this being the D's fault, because I'll smack you around good for that bit of dishonesty). People coming here can be removed by civil or criminal processes...this administrations stated policy is to use criminal means, which allows them to separate children from their parents, because they see separating children from their parents as a deterrent...the part of "family values" strikes again...it truly is morally reprehensible...and then they used the bible to justify it...I'm just happy that Republicans are destroying any claim they ever had to moral superiority. Pimps, pedophiles, Nazis running as R's, and there's a reason for that.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,640
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re:

17 Jun 2018 21:00

Unchained wrote:The math of all this is clear based on time in office..
Trump will possibly overtake Obama for deportation orders butObama was working overtime pitching people out...in the end often breaking up 1000's of families..
the attitude Trump takes towards everything is absolutely ugly and often unAmerican.. being against career white Christian police and prosecutors would have been impossible for me to imagine.. Trump taking shots in public against people he personally picked for the job...? Puzzling..
One thing that is super strange about Trump's lazy style...yes being completely unprepared.. very unprofessional for sure.. but person after person ..in agency after agency says that they are not fully staffed after over a year of a new presidency...? Is it money spent on Puerto Rican disaster recovery?.. can't be right?
When Betsy DeVos was asked why she hadn't responded to correspondence sent to her... she said she was still trying to get staff in place.. when the questioning Congressman asked that a year would be a reasonable timeline to fill the positions... how much longer would it be for DeVos to have all jobs filled..? she just looked blankly ahead and didn't answer...?
INS, ICE,State Dept and others... have not filled the jobs...? And whenever it comes up..it goes away fast for a few very specific reasons.. when asked why they are so slow to fill jobs.. Republican-White House answer w... Democrats are holding things up.. Democrats rebutt w facts... you have not nominated anybody to reject or delay or obstruct..
As far as whack-a-mole government.. there are 1000's of misplaced children.. big problem but nobody is pressing...
DACA..no real pushing from either side.. but one twist for Trump..revisited by Paul Ryan and a couple others on both sides... some people participating in DACA are current and previous combat service members..DACA dudes and dame's wearing an American uniform to defend our country...deport them? Immigration gets complicated when it's a strapping young stud following orders for the USA.. it's easy for Team Trump to tackle or trick mothers into relinquishing their babies..then jeopardize the child's health and safety... but even this bone spurred draft dodging dope doesn't want to f-ck w our brave vets if he can help it.. no running time tabulation on his tweeting, travel and tee times.. and never forget his time at the table eating Mickey D's or other good grub... may I personally suggest that you put your phone, putter and plate away and take care of our veterans.... stop tweeting... start working..
* Fantastic YouTube videos of DeVos getting caught lying.. red-handed..*

Also the Seth Myers jokes at press corp dinner are worth anybody's time.. after the jokes about Trump are delivered.. Trump's reaction to the jabs are equally if not funnier than the jokes alone..


True story, and well deserving of derision and ridicule, except that the people who support Trump believe that is a story with a happy ending also...they just won't give him credit, because he's ackblay. (sound of a dog whistle, only observed because the dogs perk up their ears as soon as it's blown).
ChewbaccaDefense
Member
 
Posts: 1,947
Joined: 05 Nov 2013 19:35
Location: Nevada City, CA

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 21:08

*Note that my reference was regarding Trump's insistence that the shift in policy is because of Democrat legislation (which is a lie), and NOT Obama...you brought up Obama...as I wrote. Look at the tape.

And I followed through...but nothing forced you to raise the false equivalence, in fact, my comment was specifically reflective of the abject reality that there isn't an equivalence (meaning "equal comparison" since you can't work out simple words like "unaccompanied"), and only a complete hack POS would make one...and there you are, waiving your hand, googling like crazy to defend Donnie.

Better f**k myself, than do the Republican thing, and screw someone else why my wife had cancer, or even worse, try to date underage girls. Self-contained, and not being an immoral POS, while pushing policies against the "gay agenda" to cover the fact that I have a mansion full of skeletons...I'll take f**king myself, because I can sleep fine with that.
ChewbaccaDefense
Member
 
Posts: 1,947
Joined: 05 Nov 2013 19:35
Location: Nevada City, CA

Re: Re:

17 Jun 2018 23:23

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:*Note that my reference was regarding Trump's insistence that the shift in policy is because of Democrat legislation (which is a lie), and NOT Obama...you brought up Obama...as I wrote. Look at the tape.

And I followed through...but nothing forced you to raise the false equivalence, in fact, my comment was specifically reflective of the abject reality that there isn't an equivalence (meaning "equal comparison" since you can't work out simple words like "unaccompanied"), and only a complete hack POS would make one...and there you are, waiving your hand, googling like crazy to defend Donnie.

Better f**k myself, than do the Republican thing, and screw someone else why my wife had cancer, or even worse, try to date underage girls. Self-contained, and not being an immoral POS, while pushing policies against the "gay agenda" to cover the fact that I have a mansion full of skeletons...I'll take f**king myself, because I can sleep fine with that.


So, like most times, you are almost completely full of ****. Not sure how in the hell you get to your conclusion except it was formulated a long time ago, which is assuredly true.

At any rate, happy Fathers Day Trey.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,640
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: Re:

18 Jun 2018 00:27

Scott SoCal wrote:
ChewbaccaDefense wrote:*Note that my reference was regarding Trump's insistence that the shift in policy is because of Democrat legislation (which is a lie), and NOT Obama...you brought up Obama...as I wrote. Look at the tape.

And I followed through...but nothing forced you to raise the false equivalence, in fact, my comment was specifically reflective of the abject reality that there isn't an equivalence (meaning "equal comparison" since you can't work out simple words like "unaccompanied"), and only a complete hack POS would make one...and there you are, waiving your hand, googling like crazy to defend Donnie.

Better f**k myself, than do the Republican thing, and screw someone else why my wife had cancer, or even worse, try to date underage girls. Self-contained, and not being an immoral POS, while pushing policies against the "gay agenda" to cover the fact that I have a mansion full of skeletons...I'll take f**king myself, because I can sleep fine with that.


So, like most times, you are almost completely full of ****. Not sure how in the hell you get to your conclusion except it was formulated a long time ago, which is assuredly true.

At any rate, happy Fathers Day Trey.


You too, Scott!
ChewbaccaDefense
Member
 
Posts: 1,947
Joined: 05 Nov 2013 19:35
Location: Nevada City, CA

18 Jun 2018 05:14

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-immigration-catholic-bishops-moral-us-mexico-border-a8399016.html
Leading US Catholic bishops have escalated their criticism of the Trump administration's immigration policies, calling new asylum-limiting rules "immoral" and rhetorically comparing the crackdown to abortion by saying it is a "a right to life" issue.

One bishop from the US-Mexico border region reportedly suggested "canonical penalties" - which could refer to withholding the sacrament of Communion - for Catholics involved in implementing the Trump policies.

The comments came as the US Conference of Catholic Bishops - the organising body of bishops - gathered for a biannual meeting in Fort Lauderdale. The topics of migration and asylum have long been a focus for the US church; more than 50 per cent of US Catholics under the age of 30 are Latinos.


You'd think the Catholic Church had enough publicity recently.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,713
Joined: 29 Mar 2016 08:56
Location: stockholm, sweden

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 12:17

This is just hilarious..how can anybody take this crap seriusly..roll out the 'moms', and let their dreamy eyes convince america that trump/sessions/miller isn't doing this as a deterrent..
“As a mother, as a Catholic, as somebody who has a conscience … I will tell you that nobody likes this policy,” she said, making it sound like the White House didn’t have a choice on the matter.

The reality is that, at the urging of anti-immigration diehard Stephen Miller, Trump put into place a system that his predecessors had rejected as inhumane. His clear-eyed strategy is to use the separated children as pawns to extract concessions from Democrats on an immigration package that would include money for Trump’s border wall and cuts to legal immigration, among other measures.


Little farging nazi...
melania-
“She believes we need to be a country that follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart.”


She's a FU as her fascist hubbie..
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 12:37

Its monday and more from the trump clown car..now with women!!
Those questions are likely to be shaped by increasing calls for the administration to consider the morality of separating families. It's not just the usual Democrats who are criticizing the administration -- some prominent Republicans, including first lady Melania Trump and former first lady Laura Bush, religious leaders and influential figures in Trump's conservative evangelical base are also speaking out.


Laura..smart lady-
A rare foray into politics by the former first lady significantly cranked up the political heat.
Bush said she appreciated the need to protect the border, but added, "This zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart."
"Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso," Bush wrote. "These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

But another key voice in Trump's ear was his former political adviser Steve Bannon, who went on television, in the certain knowledge that the President would end up watching him, and made the case for staying the course despite rising criticism of the White House.
"It's zero tolerance. I don't think you have to justify it. We have a crisis on the southern border," Bannon said on ABC's "This Week."
Bannon also warned that any bill that guaranteed a path to citizenship for DACA recipients was not just unacceptable but could so irk Trump's base that Republicans could lose 50 seats in the House in November.


In other words, screw the 'Dreamers'...otherwise we lose control of our kingdom..
stupid people in and out of the WH..
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

18 Jun 2018 12:53

More good news for Trump and his supporters. His anti-regulatory policies will result in only about 80,000 deaths per decade:

A central feature of his agenda is environmental damage: making the air dirtier and exposing people to more toxic chemicals. The beneficiaries, in contrast, will be a relatively few well-connected companies.


the administration is proposing to withdraw or not implement regulatory actions affecting particular chemicals shown to be harmful to health, including lead, agricultural pesticides, and coal ash waste. Exposure to these hazardous substances will affect fewer people than the number of individuals affected by air pollution, but each will affect a concentrated number. As Christine Todd Whitman, head of the EPA under President George W. Bush, said: “You stop enforcing those regulations and [deaths] will go way up.”


Overall, an extremely conservative estimate is that the Trump environmental agenda is likely to cost the lives of over 80 000 US residents per decade and lead to respiratory problems for many more than 1 million people. This sobering statistic captures only a small fraction of the cumulative public health damages associated with the full range of rollbacks and systemic actions proposed by the Trump administration.


People working with chemicals in industrial settings will also be affected, as will people who live in areas with high concentrations of power plants such as the Ohio River Valley from Indiana to Pennsylvania, and in the southeast from Alabama and Georgia to Maryland.


https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2684596
Merckx index
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,748
Joined: 27 Jul 2010 19:19

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 13:03

djt the dummy-
"Under the circumstances that we're negotiating a very comprehensive complete deal, I think it's inappropriate to be having war games," Trump told reporters at a press conference following the unprecedented June 12 summit.

He also described the exercises as "very provocative" and said the move would "save us a tremendous amount of money."


'war games', 'provocative'(NK words)..while NK has 1 MILLION armed troops on the SK border and thousands of artillery pieces pointed at Seoul..those aren't provocative I guess.
The president must have missed his briefing. In fact, it is North Korea that provokes and threatens South Korea, as it has done since it first invaded the South in 1950. North Korea is believed to have about a million active-duty troops, almost double the South, and it has constructed perhaps as many as 20 tunnels to mount a surprise invasion. North Korea also has more than 6,000 pieces of artillery that can reach South Korea, including some whose range is so long that 32.5 million people are in danger, more than half the country's population, according to a study by the Rand Corp. The U.S. Defense Department estimated in 2006 that if North Korea opened artillery fire on the south, 250,000 people would be killed in Seoul alone, the Rand study notes.


China the winner..all round.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 13:24

Het scott, read this again about the guy you so enthusiastically support..
DACA..no real pushing from either side.. but one twist for Trump..revisited by Paul Ryan and a couple others on both sides... some people participating in DACA are current and previous combat service members..DACA dudes and dame's wearing an American uniform to defend our country...deport them? Immigration gets complicated when it's a strapping young stud following orders for the USA.. it's easy for Team Trump to tackle or trick mothers into relinquishing their babies..then jeopardize the child's health and safety... but even this bone spurred draft dodging dope doesn't want to f-ck w our brave vets if he can help it.. no running time tabulation on his tweeting, travel and tee times.. and never forget his time at the table eating Mickey D's or other good grub... may I personally suggest that you put your phone, putter and plate away and take care of our veterans.... stop tweeting... start working..
* Fantastic YouTube videos of DeVos getting caught lying.. red-handed..*
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 13:45

No Collusion, NO obstruction"..

Righto donnie
The first is that the story confirms Stone’s functionally active status as a surrogate for the Trump campaign. Stone officially left his role in August 2015. But he continued to speak regularly with Trump, while supporting him fervently. There is abundant evidence that Stone communicated privately with WikiLeaks during the campaign.

Stone turned down the latest offer because, as he told fellow Trump adviser Michael Caputo at the time, the self-styled Russian intermediary was demanding too much money in return for goods that seemed to promise little. He turned the deal down because it was a bad deal, but there is no dispute he was negotiating on Trump’s behalf. This tells us that any contacts Stone had with WikiLeaks were also done in his unofficial capacity as Trump surrogate. Stone was colluding with the publicity arm of Russian intelligence as a functional member of the Trump campaign.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/what-roger-stones-latest-lie-reveals-about-russia-scandal.html
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 13:53

inconvenient truth scott
But immigration lawyers, policy analysts and activists say that there's no language in the bill that overrules the Trump administration's decision to criminally prosecute parents, which places them in federal custody away from their children and is the direct cause of the current wave of family separation — nearly 2,000 kids have been taken from their parents in recent months, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

"This bill would not end family separation," said David Bier an immigration policy analyst at the Cato Institute's Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity, which broadly supports immigration. "As long as that administration policy continues, there will continue to be family separation at the border."


This along with the kim lovefest and trade wars..adios GOP congress.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,067
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

18 Jun 2018 16:06

Trump is is just about coming unglued on twitter this morning. I think this is the most cogent thing he has written.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
CHANGE THE LAWS!
Old man yells at clouds.....

The rest is dog whistle stuff about immigration changing 'culture' and bringing 'crime' that would not be out of place coming from a white supremacist TBH and a new deflection that the family separation policy (that is still the democrats fault!) is actually good because human traffickers are posing as families. I guess they had a brainstorming session this weekend and they came up with a new pretext to market to cable news. Normally, I think Trump is canny with how he uses culture wars to rile his base, but I think this one will only blow up in his face. Because of Trump, Fox news is arguing that those cages are actually just rooms with chain link partitions. Not kidding.....
Steve Doocy: "You do see that they have those thermal blankets, you do see some fencing, but keep in mind -- some have referred to them as "cages," but, keep in mind, this is a great, big warehouse facility where they built walls out of chain link fences"

Even among Republicans, only 46% support (32% oppose) family separation even when asked if it is used in order to discourage others from crossing the border illegally. (Sidenote: a lot of these people really are deplorable).

ETA: Link to a Q poll about family separation that has similar numbers to the ipsos poll I mentioned.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1008755205519892480
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,280
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re:

18 Jun 2018 19:35

djpbaltimore wrote:Trump is is just about coming unglued on twitter this morning. I think this is the most cogent thing he has written.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
CHANGE THE LAWS!
Old man yells at clouds.....

The rest is dog whistle stuff about immigration changing 'culture' and bringing 'crime' that would not be out of place coming from a white supremacist TBH and a new deflection that the family separation policy (that is still the democrats fault!) is actually good because human traffickers are posing as families. I guess they had a brainstorming session this weekend and they came up with a new pretext to market to cable news. Normally, I think Trump is canny with how he uses culture wars to rile his base, but I think this one will only blow up in his face. Because of Trump, Fox news is arguing that those cages are actually just rooms with chain link partitions. Not kidding.....
Steve Doocy: "You do see that they have those thermal blankets, you do see some fencing, but keep in mind -- some have referred to them as "cages," but, keep in mind, this is a great, big warehouse facility where they built walls out of chain link fences"

Even among Republicans, only 46% support (32% oppose) family separation even when asked if it is used in order to discourage others from crossing the border illegally. (Sidenote: a lot of these people really are deplorable).

ETA: Link to a Q poll about family separation that has similar numbers to the ipsos poll I mentioned.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1008755205519892480


The situation sucks. It's not as if we are a dispassionate country. It's not as if we don't have a right way to do immigrate here. It's not as if coming here via coyotes is risk free.

It would be something if people with good intentions would immigrate here legally. I'm not at all sure why, as a sovereign Nation, that's too much to ask.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,640
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 19:38

Bustedknuckle wrote:inconvenient truth scott
But immigration lawyers, policy analysts and activists say that there's no language in the bill that overrules the Trump administration's decision to criminally prosecute parents, which places them in federal custody away from their children and is the direct cause of the current wave of family separation — nearly 2,000 kids have been taken from their parents in recent months, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

"This bill would not end family separation," said David Bier an immigration policy analyst at the Cato Institute's Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity, which broadly supports immigration. "As long as that administration policy continues, there will continue to be family separation at the border."


This along with the kim lovefest and trade wars..adios GOP congress.


The comic tragedy is that these horrors are mere distractions from Trump's profound pecuniary corruption--and the GOP's tolerance of it.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,225
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 19:54

MarkvW wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:inconvenient truth scott
But immigration lawyers, policy analysts and activists say that there's no language in the bill that overrules the Trump administration's decision to criminally prosecute parents, which places them in federal custody away from their children and is the direct cause of the current wave of family separation — nearly 2,000 kids have been taken from their parents in recent months, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

"This bill would not end family separation," said David Bier an immigration policy analyst at the Cato Institute's Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity, which broadly supports immigration. "As long as that administration policy continues, there will continue to be family separation at the border."


This along with the kim lovefest and trade wars..adios GOP congress.


The comic tragedy is that these horrors are mere distractions from Trump's profound pecuniary corruption--and the GOP's tolerance of it.


I don't think there's very many who would still support Trump if he is what you say.

Show me.
Instigating profanity laced tirades since 2009
User avatar Scott SoCal
Veteran
 
Posts: 11,640
Joined: 08 Nov 2012 16:47
Location: Southern California

Re:

18 Jun 2018 20:27

Merckx index wrote:More good news for Trump and his supporters. His anti-regulatory policies will result in only about 80,000 deaths per decade

Don't you know that this is only true when you believe in climate change/heavy metal pollution/particulate dust/etc? If you get sick, it'll be your own fault. Hope the health insurance system is any good.
User avatar Jagartrott
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,551
Joined: 15 Apr 2014 13:37

Re: Re:

18 Jun 2018 21:15

Scott SoCal wrote:The situation sucks. It's not as if we are a dispassionate country. It's not as if we don't have a right way to do immigrate here. It's not as if coming here via coyotes is risk free.

It would be something if people with good intentions would immigrate here legally. I'm not at all sure why, as a sovereign Nation, that's too much to ask.
Agreed. And like the NK situation, it is a failure brought on by multiple administrations.
Donald Trump: “If you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans who did the thing.”
djpbaltimore
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,280
Joined: 09 Jun 2014 13:41
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: U.S. Politics

18 Jun 2018 21:50

Scott SoCal wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
Bustedknuckle wrote:inconvenient truth scott
But immigration lawyers, policy analysts and activists say that there's no language in the bill that overrules the Trump administration's decision to criminally prosecute parents, which places them in federal custody away from their children and is the direct cause of the current wave of family separation — nearly 2,000 kids have been taken from their parents in recent months, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

"This bill would not end family separation," said David Bier an immigration policy analyst at the Cato Institute's Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity, which broadly supports immigration. "As long as that administration policy continues, there will continue to be family separation at the border."


This along with the kim lovefest and trade wars..adios GOP congress.


The comic tragedy is that these horrors are mere distractions from Trump's profound pecuniary corruption--and the GOP's tolerance of it.


I don't think there's very many who would still support Trump if he is what you say.

Show me.


Just read the NY Attorney General's complaint, look up emoluments on Google, then consider what the USA is paying Trump's companies so that he can golf at their facilities. You can also consider Jared & Ivanka's business dealings while serving as agents of the US, and Pruitt's corruption.

Keep your eyes closed, so-called "conservative."
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,225
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Back to top