Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

24 Sep 2018 17:41

aphronesis
Veteran

24 Sep 2018 22:06

https://www.axios.com/trump-rosenstein-meet-thursday-resignation-69d7f1a1-eb33-4d81-a6a9-cea860f3df9f.html
President Trump will meet with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at the White House on Thursday, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a Monday statement.

Driving the news: Axios reported Monday morning that Rosenstein verbally offered to resign to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

If Keith Schiller is back in the White House on Thursday, then Rosenstein knows he's done.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

Don't mention Khashoggi! It’s a collusion witch hoax!
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

25 Sep 2018 12:49

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.axios.com/trump-rosenstein-meet-thursday-resignation-69d7f1a1-eb33-4d81-a6a9-cea860f3df9f.html
President Trump will meet with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at the White House on Thursday, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a Monday statement.

Driving the news: Axios reported Monday morning that Rosenstein verbally offered to resign to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

If Keith Schiller is back in the White House on Thursday, then Rosenstein knows he's done.

donnie the dummy's own Saturday Night Massacre. We'll see if congress(GOP) grows a pair, I'm thinking they'll be MIA, again, sucking their collective thumb in the bathroom..

BUT just in time for the midterms..SCOTUS, immigration, trade wars, YUGE deficits from donnie's tax bungle, gov't shutdown..can't wait till he puts his foot in his mouth at 10:15 eastern when he lets the UN world leaders see what a dunce he is...great example..trump..the illiterate shite has gotta go.
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran

25 Sep 2018 18:54

Trump addressed the UN today...after listening all Americans should feel shame and guilt..if ever the 25th amendment needs to be used Trump is good reason..when he talked about Syria it was as if he was lost...like he didn't understand anything. His comments on Yemen had a couple of OMG moments
as sanctions take a deeper toll we will have to wait and see if the population has the stomach for painfully taxing themselves in the name of Trump's objectives...I listened to a radio show yesterday that was about hunger, the hungry in San Diego county..huge Navy and Marine presence here...it made me sad and disgusted hearing how many active duty service members and their families rely on some kind of food assistance programs...meanwhile Trump is spending @$700 billion on weapons, weapon systems..many of which we don't need...the people risking their lives can't feed their families
Unchained

Re:

25 Sep 2018 20:43

Unchained wrote:Trump addressed the UN today...after listening all Americans should feel shame and guilt..if ever the 25th amendment needs to be used Trump is good reason..when he talked about Syria it was as if he was lost...like he didn't understand anything. His comments on Yemen had a couple of OMG moments
as sanctions take a deeper toll we will have to wait and see if the population has the stomach for painfully taxing themselves in the name of Trump's objectives...I listened to a radio show yesterday that was about hunger, the hungry in San Diego county..huge Navy and Marine presence here...it made me sad and disgusted hearing how many active duty service members and their families rely on some kind of food assistance programs...meanwhile Trump is spending @$700 billion on weapons, weapon systems..many of which we don't need...the people risking their lives can't feed their families
Along those lines, painting the Saudis as beacons of progress was another WTF moment. Trump did say that the world was laughing at the US and he has gone on to prove it. Promises made.... promises kept. Trump 2020!
None of us alone are as stupid as all of us together.
djpbaltimore

25 Sep 2018 21:44

https://www.axios.com/trump-defends-america-first-denounces-globalism-in-un-speech-65e17596-db72-4d5c-a985-d0eb1724773b.html
At one point during his speech, Trump boasted that “in less than two years my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country,” a statement that met with laughter.

Who wrote this garbage or was Trump winging it? I think the UN has just come up with the way to deal with Trump.

User avatar Robert5091

25 Sep 2018 21:50

https://www.axios.com/trump-opec-oil-prices-united-nations-general-assembly-621871c7-9cc7-4fe4-b64b-013fca654c4c.html
President Trump moved his criticism of OPEC from Twitter to the United Nations on Tuesday with remarks hitting the cartel for "ripping off the rest of the world."

The big picture: His comments come as crude oil prices are at their highest level in four years. They follow Sunday's meeting of OPEC ministers and allied producers — notably Russia — that ended without an agreement for new production increases.

"We defend many of these nations for nothing and then they take advantage of us by giving us high oil prices. Not good. We want them to stop raising prices," Trump said in his speech to the UN General Assembly.
"We want them to start lowering prices, and they must contribute substantially from now on. We are not going to put up with it, these horrible prices, much longer," he said.

Yeah, sue 'em Donnie! Lock them up! Lock them up! O good grief ...

User avatar Robert5091

Re:

26 Sep 2018 13:49

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.axios.com/trump-defends-america-first-denounces-globalism-in-un-speech-65e17596-db72-4d5c-a985-d0eb1724773b.html
At one point during his speech, Trump boasted that “in less than two years my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country,” a statement that met with laughter.

Who wrote this garbage or was Trump winging it? I think the UN has just come up with the way to deal with Trump.

A complete idiot. Whines about the slaughter in Yemen, while he supports Saudi Arabia to the hilt as they kill children in Yemen. Whines about hi oil prices..then sanctions Iran's oil production(number 3 oil producer in OPEC).

He is laughed at because he's a cartoon character, a buffoon, an illiterate, sexist, racist pig. He goes to the 'United Nations', then bad mouths nations uniting to solve common problems..MakeAmericaAloneAgain.

The world leaders know it..He's a disgrace..he's gotta go, one way or another...
Veteran

27 Sep 2018 06:34

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/26/nikki-haleys-spin-world-leaders-werent-laughing-at-trumps-false-claim-but-rather-out-of-respect/
Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, addressed the laughter that was generated by President Donald Trump's remarks to the United Nations General Assembly, insisting to "Fox & Friends" Wednesday that "the media's got this so wrong."

On Tuesday, Trump described his administration as accomplishing more, in less than two years, "than almost any administration in the history of our country." In the room, the laughter that followed his false boast was audible.

But, according to Haley, the world leaders and dignitaries actually laughed, because they "respect" Trump. "When he said that, they love how honest he is," the diplomat claimed. "And it's not diplomatic and they find it funny."

So now we laugh when we respect someone? .... nope! :lol:

User avatar Robert5091

Re:

27 Sep 2018 06:45

Robert5091 wrote:https://www.axios.com/trump-rosenstein-meet-thursday-resignation-69d7f1a1-eb33-4d81-a6a9-cea860f3df9f.html

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/27/this-guy-doesnt-know-anything-the-inside-story-of-trumps-shambolic-transition-team
The method of his execution was unsurprising: Trump always avoided firing people himself. The man who played Mr You’re Fired on TV avoided personal confrontation in real life.

Yep, Rosenstein will be told he's a great guy, then get a SMS ...

User avatar Robert5091

Re: U.S. Politics

27 Sep 2018 12:30

I love it when trump the idiot is unscripted..he's such a dope

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/trump-calls-allegations-against-kavanaugh-con-job/571456/

wow

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/donald-trump-press-conference-new-york/index.html
President Donald Trump holds a news conference on the sidelines of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, September 26, 2018
Carlo Allegri | Reuters
President Donald Trump holds a news conference on the sidelines of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, September 26, 2018
President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday that China supposedly respects him for his "very, very large brain," during a news conference where he addressed wide-ranging issues including trade, North Korea and mounting allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanuagh.

Well, he's certainly a fathead..says China meddling in midterms, setting up a scenario where, after the blue wave happens and the GOP are minority parties, he'll claim the Congress to be illegitimate..you watch.

Based on ZERO evidence, like, 'millions voted illegally', 'Obama wire tapped trump tower', 'the FBI spied on my campaign' and 'the UN was laughing 'with me', not 'at me'..why did he say, 'didn't expect that reaction'..what a dope..he's gotta go..
Veteran

27 Sep 2018 15:39

This is really not looking good for Kavanaugh. Ford sounds credible, composed, and non-partisan. I said it before after Trump stuck his nose in this story, but I will be surprised if 50 senators are willing to go out on limb to confirm him.
djpbaltimore

Re:

27 Sep 2018 18:25

djpbaltimore wrote:This is really not looking good for Kavanaugh. Ford sounds credible, composed, and non-partisan. I said it before after Trump stuck his nose in this story, but I will be surprised if 50 senators are willing to go out on limb to confirm him.

I truly hope you are right that there are not 50 Senators willing to confirm him. I just don't trust that until I see proof.
User avatar Koronin

27 Sep 2018 21:18

Kavanaugh playing to the Trump/ Trump Jr. crowd is a risky gambit. He really comes across as a pig and a political hack.

The best part of this hearing is Graham campaigning for the soon to be open AG vacancy.
djpbaltimore

Re:

27 Sep 2018 21:25

djpbaltimore wrote:Kavanaugh playing to the Trump/ Trump Jr. crowd is a risky gambit. He really comes across as a pig and a political hack.

The best part of this hearing is Graham campaigning for the soon to be open AG vacancy.

Graham?! Nope - Rudy is going to get his dream job. The Beavis & Butthead of the boomer generation will be running the WH/JD. :eek:

User avatar Robert5091

27 Sep 2018 21:54

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/408844-white-house-praises-graham-amid-hearing
Graham asked a couple questions of the embattled nominee, but spent the majority of his five minutes criticizing Democrats and the nomination process more broadly.

He accused Democrats of hijacking accusations made by Christine Blasey Ford for political gain.

"What you want to do is destroy this guy’s life, hold this seat open and hope you win in 2020. You’ve said that, not me,” Graham yelled.

He later went on to call the confirmation fight the most "unethical sham" he’s seen since he’s been in politics.

Merrick Garland says, "remember me?"

User avatar Robert5091

28 Sep 2018 01:42

Why can't he be disqualified for his emotional outburst. Women are called hysterical for any emotions, so shouldn't he be held to those same standards?
User avatar Koronin

PreviousNext

Return to General