Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

19 May 2019 01:34

Unchained

20 May 2019 04:06

Unchained

20 May 2019 05:28

"It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away." - Pete Buttigieg

How true!
"This comment qualifies as a shining example of the "anyone who disagrees with my perspective is a dolt" leftist, intolerant mish-mash of shallow thinking." - Scott SoCal
User avatar frenchfry

21 May 2019 02:40

Tariffs..?
Taxes..?
Trump keeps saying that tariffs are revenue.
This is wrong.
Tariffs are fees..taxes..penalties, paid when the products are purchased...1 dollar of aluminum..25% tariff..aluminum now costs @$1.25.
I bought Eno hubs for a couple of wheels...couldn't be happier.
Now I want 40mm clinchers ..I thought to look around for some hubs..wanting something cool. Can Trump please clear up for the companies and consumers why prices are changed.higher when China is sending service charge checks?
The guy is a clown. A bad dad, golfer ,husband,businessman seldom truthful. We can't get steaks,vodka or diplomas from him due to dumb.
Tariffs are taxes..we are paying taxes..fees,extra money for washing machines, car wheels..food..things at Target and Walmart..bicycles..and bike stuff..hubs!!!!!
http://www.whiteind.com
Unchained

Re:

21 May 2019 04:19

Koronin wrote:How about this bill from Kentucky that would ban tattoos that cover up scars.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/kentucky-proposal-could-ban-tattooing-over-scars/27350782

what business is it of anyone else's as to whether someone gets a tattoo over a scar??
who the hell has the time to spend worrying about such a thing so much, that they decide to attempt to create a law forbidding it??

people don't need protection from themselves, but protection from such oxygen thieving politicians :rolleyes:
User avatar Archibald

21 May 2019 10:25

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/20/trump-stops-ex-white-house-counsel-don-mcgahn-testifying-to-congress
Donald Trump has blocked the former White House counsel Don McGahn from testifying before Congress about the special counsel report on Russian election interference, prompting sharp criticism and even threats of impeachment.

In a legal opinion released on Monday, the justice department said lawmakers on Capitol Hill cannot compel McGahn, who was subpoenaed by the House judiciary committee, to answer their questions under oath.
Travelling to a rally in Pennsylvania, Trump was asked why he was asking McGahn to defy a congressional subpoena. “Well, as I understand it, they’re doing that for the office of the presidency, for future presidents,” he replied, according to a pool report. “I think it’s a very important precedent. And the attorneys say that they’re not doing that for me. They’re doing it for the office of the president. So we’re talking about the future.”

Normal Trump BS or they're all ready thinking of the next crook in the White House? Geezus!
"Imagine your loved ones conquered by Napoleon and forced to live under French rule. Do you want them to eat that rich food and those heavy sauces? Do you want them to have soufflé every meal and croissant?"
User avatar Robert5091

21 May 2019 13:30

As we saw w Watergate.no longview. Something obviously wrong and the proceedings stated. Turned out people from both sides were not immune to truth, Tricky Dick ran out of things to pull out of the hat.

Pelosi is the same as the rest putting party before country. Thinking of the win for the white house instead of the people. Trump was always a joke. A self made man,not w smoke and mirrors,instead using the craft of Hollywood. People,and Donald himself believes in the make believe character. Forget the numbers show he is a loser,liar,cheat. and holds the title of biggest single financial loser in American tax loss history.
Now Trump is defying the rule of law,deciding that executive privilege is meant to mean anyone the executive knows can be blessed,anointed as privileged. Defying anything Trump arbitrarily decides is unjust or fake.
The only question is will an upcoming President pardon Trump for his conduct when he is convicted later, once the sitting President privilege has lapsed.
The guy is a criminal but so is Nancy if she ignores it.
Unchained

21 May 2019 17:42

I'll repeat something that I've said (too) many times: None of the politicians in WA DC have the peoples' best interests in mind.
jmdirt

21 May 2019 21:54

Only in America - :rolleyes:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/texas-gop-fights-to-protect-chick-fil-a-from-equality.html
Texas Republicans Fight to Protect Chick-fil-A’s Right to Discriminate
"Imagine your loved ones conquered by Napoleon and forced to live under French rule. Do you want them to eat that rich food and those heavy sauces? Do you want them to have soufflé every meal and croissant?"
User avatar Robert5091

22 May 2019 03:26

The FAA should mandate minimum standards. If you sit or stand to pee..something should be available,if you hold an American bought ticket.
If you serve food or beverage you should be available for passengers peek hours. There are no Christian chickens.period. If your employees like to dive a bush.eat an azs, whatever to release while not at work.embrace.how people exchange fluids or what happens at the doctor is none of your fucvkin business.
Stand up America.
This ain't no kingdom.
Fck this punk
Unchained

22 May 2019 03:37

Unchained

22 May 2019 03:39

Women ..I hope will control my..MY country
Unchained

22 May 2019 03:41

Unchained

22 May 2019 03:42

Unchained

22 May 2019 03:49

Unchained

22 May 2019 03:50

Unchained

Re: U.S. Politics

22 May 2019 06:44

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New/middle-east/2019/05/22/Trump-names-woman-as-head-of-US-Air-Force.html
President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday he had nominated Barbara Barrett, a former ambassador and Arizona businesswoman, to lead the US Air Force.

Barrett, 68, served as the US ambassador to Finland from 2008 to 2009 under the George W. Bush administration. She also chaired an aeronautics research and development center, The Aerospace Corporation, until 2017.

“She will be an outstanding Secretary!” Trump tweeted.

A former lawyer and test pilot, Barrett is also a board member at the Rand Corporation, a think tank that provides research and analysis to the US armed forces.

She and her husband Craig, the former CEO of American technology giant Intel, are major Republican donors.

"Your wife wants to be head of the Air Force? No problem! How much are you donating this year?"
User avatar Robert5091

22 May 2019 11:14

While I think Trump has a great deal of contempt for the people of this country, and appointing another crony is dumb..look at Ben Carson. Barrett at least knows what an airplane is..Carson is in a life or death role. He doesn't know anything..and that unfortunately is no surprise. Lots of our most vulnerable depending on the housing support from HUD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aN36_-zOqxk
Unchained

22 May 2019 11:34

What is all this doing to our kids?
We have a "wait and see" history on too many things..from car seats,lead paint,prenatal care, school and lawn darts. There are things that are obviously harmful to children just a matter of political will to put in some, sometimes logical safeguards. Everyone knows that dirty water and air are bad for kids. Why are we waiting? On things like vape pens?
What are little evolving boys learning about manhood from Trump?
Does anyone want their son to follow in our President 's footsteps on anything? Problem solving? The way he treats and talks to people? His treatment of women? His views on science? Education? His opinions about the environment?
I see Trump as more dangerous than Iran or North Korea..
So many kids need so many things and he provides nothing..not as a human being and as a political leader.if any child lied as much as Donald any parent would feel at the very least overwhelmingly shame.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-pardon-war-crimes-mitt-romney_n_5ce4697ae4b0547bd12e82e8
Unchained

Re:

22 May 2019 12:04

Unchained wrote:Tariffs..?
Taxes..?
Trump keeps saying that tariffs are revenue.
This is wrong.
Tariffs are fees..taxes..penalties, paid when the products are purchased...1 dollar of aluminum..25% tariff..aluminum now costs @$1.25.
I bought Eno hubs for a couple of wheels...couldn't be happier.
Now I want 40mm clinchers ..I thought to look around for some hubs..wanting something cool. Can Trump please clear up for the companies and consumers why prices are changed.higher when China is sending service charge checks?
The guy is a clown. A bad dad, golfer ,husband,businessman seldom truthful. We can't get steaks,vodka or diplomas from him due to dumb.
Tariffs are taxes..we are paying taxes..fees,extra money for washing machines, car wheels..food..things at Target and Walmart..bicycles..and bike stuff..hubs!!!!!
http://www.whiteind.com

is herr trump really that ignorant or does he KNOW that waht he says is BS? Which, considering intent, is called a 'LIE'..so either he's dumb as dirt or a liar..what a great choice.

Yes, taxes that go to subsidize farmers being hurt by this dummass...

More from the trump clowncar...
Meh. Your puny laws don’t apply to Mr. Trump. This is just the opinion of a bunch of pencil-necked deep-state lawyers, anyway. Trump much prefers the manly advice of his personal attorney, Bill Barr, who says he doesn’t have to give Congress anything.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/05/irs-says-its-required-to-turn-over-trumps-tax-returns-to-congress/
User avatar Bustedknuckle
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General