Log in:  

Register

the face/person behind the member

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

29 Jul 2015 14:54

I feel this is a good place to ask this: Is there a minimum age for this forum?
Brullnux
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,825
Joined: 31 Mar 2015 14:41

Re: Re:

29 Jul 2015 20:17

King Boonen wrote:
Cool photo. My dream bike (well, one of them...) would be an old Bianchi Pista Celeste like Coppi rode.
Thank you, BK, likewise. (Also thanks, BigMac, for your comment.:))

Not sure if this is the specific model/year that Coppi rode, but I'd just about soil myself with glee if I saw one of these on the road. (I soil myself at the sight of any Celeste anyway [well, except for maybe that yellow & Celeste 90's fashion disaster Pantani rode], but this one is especially dreamy.)

Image
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: Re:

29 Jul 2015 20:46

Tricycle Rider wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
Cool photo. My dream bike (well, one of them...) would be an old Bianchi Pista Celeste like Coppi rode.
Thank you, BK, likewise. (Also thanks, BigMac, for your comment.:))

Not sure if this is the specific model/year that Coppi rode, but I'd just about soil myself with glee if I saw one of these on the road. (I soil myself at the sight of any Celeste anyway [well, except for maybe that yellow & Celeste 90's fashion disaster Pantani rode], but this one is especially dreamy.)

Image


I'd just be screaming "TAKE MY MONEY!!!" :D

I quite liked the yellow-celeste bikes. Not the colour but because that's really about when I was seriously getting into cycling.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

08 Aug 2015 08:46

So... Champions jerseys are fine when they're wool and classic right?!

Image
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re:

08 Aug 2015 21:50

King Boonen wrote:So... Champions jerseys are fine when they're wool and classic right?!

Image
Nice sweater, man! (Crikes, that thing looks warm.)


Looks like you did lose some weight, good for you.
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re:

10 Aug 2015 07:37

King Boonen wrote:So... Champions jerseys are fine when they're wool and classic right?!

Image


Wrong!!

Championship and race leader jerseys must only be worn if you’ve won the championship or led the race.

you know "the rules"
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

10 Aug 2015 07:44

No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ***.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

10 Aug 2015 08:30

Priceless, Jack. Reminds me of the rules on wearing caps and bandanas. :D

Great pic KB.
User avatar BigMac
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,340
Joined: 10 Jun 2013 22:10
Location: Estoril, Portugal

10 Aug 2015 09:44

I just finished 133 out of 886 finishers in my distance in a sportive... On a fixed wheel. And it certainly was not a course for a fixed wheel, nearly 2000m climbing and basically up or down, no flat. Hopefully that means I'm given a bit of leeway on the rules, but if not I'm still wearing that jersey! :D
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

10 Aug 2015 17:57

all in jest my friend

congrats on the sportive finish line

sounds like a tough day out

a tip of the hat for listing meters climbed instead of total kms ridden - as per "the rules"
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

10 Aug 2015 18:27

I thought I'd better adhere to at least one rule! Was too slow for distance... I'm claiming full adherence to rule 5 though for riding it fixed.

Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

10 Aug 2015 18:41

maximum respect

please take note and avoid the rainbow turd

Wearing full matching white rainbow jersey with white rainbow bibs, and then being crapped out of the back of the bunch when the road goes uphill, as Mario Cipollini did in the 2002 Giro d’Italia.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re:

10 Aug 2015 18:45

JackRabbitSlims wrote:maximum respect

please take note and avoid the rainbow turd

Wearing full matching white rainbow jersey with white rainbow bibs, and then being crapped out of the back of the bunch when the road goes uphill, as Mario Cipollini did in the 2002 Giro d’Italia.


Don't worry! Modern team kits, competition jerseys and any WC jersey will never grace my wardrobe. The French jersey I see more as a tribute to both the nation that started my love for cycling and the greatest rider of all time, Bernard Hinault. I've avoided a modern version for these very reasons ;)
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re: Re:

10 Aug 2015 18:56

JackRabbitSlims wrote:
King Boonen wrote:So... Champions jerseys are fine when they're wool and classic right?!

Image


Wrong!!

Championship and race leader jerseys must only be worn if you’ve won the championship or led the race.

you know "the rules"


No full beards, no moustaches. Goatees are permitted only if your name starts with “Marco” and ends with “Pantani”, or if your head is intentionally or unintentionally bald. One may never shave on the morning of an important race, as it saps your virility, and you need that to kick ***.


King Boonens is clearly a rebel. He lives by his own rules. :cool: :p
User avatar Afrank
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,595
Joined: 16 Aug 2011 21:58
Location: Oregon

11 Aug 2015 02:37

the greatest rider of all time, Bernard Hinault.

your handle would suggest an affection for tom blownen

the lover of white line fever and girls of a questionable age

goat.....theres this guy called eddy who might pip the badger

always imho ofc

opinions are like @rseholes right
User avatar JackRabbitSlims
Member
 
Posts: 1,474
Joined: 10 Jan 2010 01:06
Location: On The Road.

Re:

11 Aug 2015 09:54

King Boonen wrote:
Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.
I think it's a nice jersey, but is it a pain to take care of in terms of laundering? (I'm thinking of my grandma's old, knitted wool sweaters - you had to hand wash them and then lay them out on a towel and shape them to air-dry, about a week later they would actually be dry. Heh.)

Hats off to what sounds like a hell of a workout on a fixie, nonetheless. :cool:
User avatar Tricycle Rider
Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 09 Feb 2013 11:12

Re: Re:

11 Aug 2015 13:26

Tricycle Rider wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.
I think it's a nice jersey, but is it a pain to take care of in terms of laundering? (I'm thinking of my grandma's old, knitted wool sweaters - you had to hand wash them and then lay them out on a towel and shape them to air-dry, about a week later they would actually be dry. Heh.)

Hats off to what sounds like a hell of a workout on a fixie, nonetheless. :cool:


Haven't washed it yet but I have washed other wool jerseys on a delicate cold wash and they have come out ok so I think it should be fine. I went for a a more relaxed fit so at worst it'll turn it into a race fit jersey...

Cheers, was great fun!
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,469
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re: Re:

12 Aug 2015 06:50

King Boonen wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:
King Boonen wrote:
Tricycle Rider, wool has a surprisingly wide temperature range, quoted at 10-27 Celsius for that jersey single layered. I've never ridden in temperatures that high but it is certainly fine in the low 20's.
I think it's a nice jersey, but is it a pain to take care of in terms of laundering? (I'm thinking of my grandma's old, knitted wool sweaters - you had to hand wash them and then lay them out on a towel and shape them to air-dry, about a week later they would actually be dry. Heh.)

Hats off to what sounds like a hell of a workout on a fixie, nonetheless. :cool:


Haven't washed it yet but I have washed other wool jerseys on a delicate cold wash and they have come out ok so I think it should be fine. I went for a a more relaxed fit so at worst it'll turn it into a race fit jersey...

Cheers, was great fun!

Surely that would itch? I've never had a true wool jersey, here in Aus there would be about 6-8 weeks at most where you could wear it :D
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,466
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

Re:

12 Aug 2015 07:01

Brullnux wrote:I feel this is a good place to ask this: Is there a minimum age for this forum?

Not that I know of. We've had more than one user join in their teens.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,466
Joined: 23 May 2009 04:43
Location: Brisbane, Aus

12 Aug 2015 10:46

Oh My, I knew most of you were young but some of these fresh faces make my grandsons look old :). Thanks for sharing!
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,800
Joined: 20 Mar 2010 15:20
Location: PA, USA

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: meat puppet and 4 guests

Back to top