Register

the face/person behind the member

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

06 Jan 2019 21:51

Robert5091 at some point I may.
the delgados, Thanks
Tricycle Rider Good point.

This picture was taken last summer when we were at the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio. The picture is me with Indy driver Sebastian Bourdais about an hour and a half or so after he crashed his car in qualifying.

User avatar Koronin

Re:

06 Jan 2019 22:10

Koronin wrote:Robert5091 at some point I may.
the delgados, Thanks

This picture was taken last summer when we were at the Indy Car race at Mid Ohio. The picture is me with Indy driver Sebastian Bourdais about an hour and a half or so after he crashed his car in qualifying.

Very nice to see your face, hon, very pleased to meet you, Koronin!
User avatar Tricycle Rider

Re: Re:

06 Jan 2019 22:19

Tricycle Rider wrote:
the delgados, Thanks

It's nice to meet you as well. We have a similar bird feeder to the one you have in your picture.
User avatar Koronin

Re:

07 Jan 2019 07:30

the delgados, Thanks

Valverde does not come close to either of you. That Chia Pet thing growing out of his skull is disturbing, It is blatantly obvious that the hair on his head came from his thighs or chest.
p.s. I think I would pass out if I met a cycling fan at an Indy car race in the middle of nowhere. I would need those smelling salts just to get back on my feet and talk about Valverdes hair.
User avatar the delgados

08 Jan 2019 04:19

the delgados wrote:
the delgados, Thanks

Valverde does not come close to either of you. That Chia Pet thing growing out of his skull is disturbing, It is blatantly obvious that the hair on his head came from his thighs or chest.
p.s. I think I would pass out if I met a cycling fan at an Indy car race in the middle of nowhere. I would need those smelling salts just to get back on my feet and talk about Valverdes hair.

Thanks. He's tried to fight the hair loss for awhile. In his case it's definitely genetic as his one brother is bald and his other brother has worse hair loss than he does. It does appear he's finally given up that particular fight.
Funny enough I was wearing my Valverde t-shirt on Friday (practice day) and did meet another cycling fan. The other fan saw my shirt and we ended up talking cycling for a few minutes on the walkway above the garages. That might have been the funniest part of the entire thing. The year before I met Carlos Munoz (the Colombian Indy Car driver) and talked cycling with him for a few minutes (and got my picture taken with him as well). He was really happy to talk something other than Indy Car and was thrilled to find a cycling fan to talk to. LOL, as to Valverde's hair.
User avatar Koronin

12 Jan 2019 23:25

Koronin wrote:
Tricycle Rider wrote:
the delgados, Thanks

It's nice to meet you as well. We have a similar bird feeder to the one you have in your picture.
Funny you should mention familiar-looking stuff... your pic reminds me of a friend of mine who used to live across the street, many a wine tasting get-togethers we used to have!

Anyhoo, it's nice to have another sports-loving woman in these parts, think there are still only about 3 or 4 of us here.

PS - I follow car racing only once in a while, but that Bourdais guy is rather nice looking.
User avatar Tricycle Rider

13 Jan 2019 01:07

Sounds like fun.

It's always nice to meet another sports-loving woman. You're right, there aren't many of us here.

He is, he's also 39 so not sure how many more years he's going to be racing for. His French accent is nice as well, but easy enough to understand as it's not that thick.
User avatar Koronin

Previous

Return to General